Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Another round of 11/14 FIR in the 1st round of our club championship.

Different chapter, same story.

There's nothing like standing on the tee box & just knowing your going to be in the fairway. This must be what greggdrews feels like.

I meant to post about this last week after my round last weekend but got distracted.

The last round I played, I missed one fairway.

One.

Put a good swing on a D200, and you get long and straight all day.

D200 Accuracy

D200 Accuracy

I meant to post about this last week after my round last weekend but got distracted.

The last round I played, I missed one fairway.

One.

Put a good swing on a D200, and you get long and straight all day.

I completely agree. I played another round with the D200 driver this afternoon. I missed 3 fairways but those misses were less than 5 yards off the fairway in the light rough.
Also, there were a couple of drives on holes that I'm quite familiar with that were the without a doubt the longest I've ever hit on those holes.

I'm so glad to have traded in my TM SLDR driver. The D200 is SO-O-O-O MUCH better than the SLDR...for me anyway. I love my Wilson D200 driver and irons!!!!!

I played a round with the D200 yesterday.
Best golfing compliment I may have ever received, was playing with a new guy, handicap was a little lower than mine. "Oh, you hit another fairway?"
Hit driver on 12 holes, 10 fairways. One in the left rough, about 2 yards from the fairway. One push fade when I had no business pulling driver.
10/12 FIR. Might be my best driving round ever.
And I absolutely bombed a few - 290-300 yd neighborhood.

My D200 driver had the adapter blow out on me yesterday. Hit a great drive on the 18th but thought it sounded funny. Looked down and the adapter just broke off around the shaft.

Anyone have a line on a new D200 adapter for driver?

My D200 driver had the adapter blow out on me yesterday. Hit a great drive on the 18th but thought it sounded funny. Looked down and the adapter just broke off around the shaft.

Hit up Duffy on Twitter. I think it's @DuffCal

Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

This found its way back into my bag this weekend. I had forgotten about the sweet sound and feel at impact. It may not be the longest driver I own but the misses are not even comparable

That sucks dude. Yeah I'd hit up Wilson, I'd think they'll back it up.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OK, D200, I get it. You want me to quit tinkering with the other drivers that I've not had much success with since you were put in the bag. I admit that I have wandering eyes when it comes to golf equipment, especially drivers.

I should be happy with hitting more fairways, and an occasional long drive, yet I try other options.

While I can't promise what the future holds, I'm putting you back in the bag, and hopefully that will help cure my ailing tee game, just as it did a couple of months ago.

OK, D200, I get it. You want me to quit tinkering with the other drivers that I've not had much success with since you were put in the bag. I admit that I have wandering eyes when it comes to golf equipment, especially drivers.

I should be happy with hitting more fairways, and an occasional long drive, yet I try other options.

While I can't promise what the future holds, I'm putting you back in the bag, and hopefully that will help cure my ailing tee game, just as it did a couple of months ago.
HAHA me and my D200 just had this same discussion a couple weeks ago

Had the D200 in the bag this afternoon, and hit some good drives, including a couple of decently long ones. The sound is just so addictive, and if I catch it right, relatively low spin. Team the D200 with a Duo, Duo Spin, or even a SuperSoft, and it's a fun combination.

Had the D200 in the bag this afternoon, and hit some good drives, including a couple of decently long ones. The sound is just so addictive, and if I catch it right, relatively low spin. Team the D200 with a golf ball, and it's a fun combination.
FIFY - glad you still like it. I need to re-visit mine.

FIFY - glad you still like it. I need to re-visit mine.

LOL! I see what you did there. I haven't really tried it with other golf balls, once I saw such good results at The Legacy with the D200 and the Duo/Duo Spin (and the SuperSoft being similar in performance). It's odd, really, I have two drivers, including the D200, that I really like, and don't really have a "Jones-ing" for anything different.

(Scratch the other golf balls - I did play B330RX during the Savannah Invitational, and had a good driving day there as well.)

Sorry for the skim, but does a nike wrench work on the Wilson D200?

Sorry for the skim, but does a nike wrench work on the Wilson D200?
I'm guessing it will. I used a Callaway wrench on the one I just got.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it will. I used a Callaway wrench on the one I just got.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

aaaaaaaaah I KNEW you'd get one!!

Back