Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Just to add.....

Just to add.....

It certainly does. I had my best consecutive driving rounds since the Legacy this past weekend at a member guest tournament.

With that said, it will soon face the stiffest challenge yet to stay in the bag. I've been infatuated with the M1 ever since I hit Cace's up at Posey's course last fall. I'm going to use the credit from the pro shop & cash from the calcutta we got from the tournament to order the M1 after I get fit for it.

I would like to add that I am another one that loves the D200 driver. Yes it certainly is light..... but for me, a senior with a slow 85 swing speed, it's a great club. I used to be a TM (R9 and SLDR) guy, but not anymore. I'm sure the D200 is not the longest driver out there but I just got off the course about 2 hours ago and hit 12 out of 14 fairways. For me, it is super forgiving and while the days of 275 yard drives are long over for me, I'm very happy to flush a few to 220-240 and right down the middle.

It will be interesting to see what Wilson will do this winter to improve the GI D line. Until then, the D200 driver, 3 wood and hybrids stay in my bag.

Got the D200 out for a round Sunday. WINDY!!
Good round. Lost a ball off the tee box on #1, I think I hit 8/12 fir. Three were in the first cut. Not too much ball height, good to great distance (I was within striking distance on every par 5 for my second shot). Overall a good day w a decent swing, kept myself in the game. 84 on a new track at 6500 ft altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a D200 last weekend....Could not pass it up as the pro shop at one of my local tracks had it listed for only $125.00 BRAND NEW! I bought it even though I've been hitting my GBB (also a 9* loft) well.

I haven't even touched my GBB since.....Love this thing.

It just gets better...

It just gets better...

I've been bagging the WS D200 driver for about the last 15 rounds and it just keeps getting better.

Another good round today and I hit 13 out of 13 fairways. And 5 of the drives were REALLY long.

What a great feeling to stand on the tee with the D200 and have the utmost confidence that it will find the fairway even with a minor mishit. I've had numerous drivers in my time but none like the D200. A few have mentioned on this thread how confident they are on the tee. I know that feeling now. It's an amazing feeling.

And for the 3rd or 4th time (or however many, I've lost count), I had the D200 back in the bag for this afternoon's round and boy did it deliver. Best driving round I've had in a few weeks. For whatever reason, I just had a single swing-thought "high draw", and that's basically what I saw time after time. A lot of confidence in this driver, from the day it went in the bag at #THPLegacy to, well, now.

This is the first round I had it in the bag while playing the ProV1X (previously, it was almost exclusively Duo or Duo Spin). A very pleasing sound at impact is still there as well.

I really want to get mine fixed and try it with a Hzrdus Black

I really want to get mine fixed and try it with a Hzrdus Black

I'd like to have another shaft to try, but can't find an adapter anywhere, and W/S don't appear inclined to make them available.

I'd like to have another shaft to try, but can't find an adapter anywhere, and W/S don't appear inclined to make them available.
Utter foolishness on their part.

All I need is an adapter to get mine up and running again.

Awesome driver...

Awesome driver...

I realize that this may be beating a dead horse but I thought I would provide another post for the D200 driver for those that might be fairly new to reading these recent posts.
This is nothing new to this forum because many of said this many times before....

Another SOLID round with the D200 driver today. One bad swing and missed only ONE fairway today. This driver might not be the longest out there but as compared to many of the Taylormade drivers I've hit over the years, BUT there is no comparison as to the forgiveness of this driver. It is simply a beast when it comes to finding the fairway. My playing partner just got to the point of saying "Oh gee, your drives have become boringly accurate". :act-up:
It's a great feeling.

D200 w PX shaft from the #PersonalDistance event (10/14) was in the bag today.

Hit some long ones (including long and lost) - I was out around 270 yds for most of the day, one drive was almost 300 yds.

A very forgiving head, still a great club - I am pleased enough with the results (10/14 FIR) that this will stay in the rotation for the near future.

D200 w PX shaft from the #PersonalDistance event (10/14) was in the bag today.

Hit some long ones (including long and lost) - I was out around 270 yds for most of the day, one drive was almost 300 yds.

A very forgiving head, still a great club - I am pleased enough with the results (10/14 FIR) that this will stay in the rotation for the near future.

It still works, plain and simple, doesn't it. The D200, plus one other driver, continue to just roll-along for me.

Put my repaired D200 in the bag for today's round for some fun and it delivered.

Launches beautifully.
Sounds different, but cool.
Ball rips off the face from just about anywhere.

I found it tough to control and I was working a two-way miss all day. I'm curious what it could be with some added weight and a tip-stiff shaft.

Breaking out an old friend for today's round.

I put a little lead tape on it & took it to the range yesterday afternoon just to see how it felt & really liked it. Center contact always felt great w/ the D200, but the added lead tape took the feel to a whole different level. It was less !metallic & more dense if that makes sense.

Can't wait to get it on the course.

Put my repaired D200 in the bag for today's round for some fun and it delivered.

Launches beautifully.
Sounds different, but cool.
Ball rips off the face from just about anywhere.

I found it tough to control and I was working a two-way miss all day. I'm curious what it could be with some added weight and a tip-stiff shaft.

Put a little lead tape on it. Totally changes the driver for the better IMO.

Back