Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Review

Shop around a bit before you buy this one. It may be even less expensive. I saw one at an Edwin Watts for $99.
I currently don't use a driver, but this baby is available for $130 at BudgetGolf. I'm around a 20 handicap and have never had an adjustable driver. I know this club was marketed towards a better player. Should I stay away, or is it worth the a shot at that price?

I honestly didn't find it super penal when I reviewed it, it was shorter in distance than other models, but it wanted to find the fairway for me. Only real hit against it for me personally was the sound, its a loud one.

Do you think it was shorter because of proper fitting?
Did it hold up in the ball speed arena or was it just a little slow and off.

Do you think it was shorter because of proper fitting?
Did it hold up in the ball speed arena or was it just a little slow and off.

Simply not as long as others in my testing, of heads of a like spin/launch setup, not saying it was drastically short, but it was shorter. But, like I said, it was a fairway finder, surprisingly so.

Simply not as long as others in my testing, of heads of a like spin/launch setup, not saying it was drastically short, but it was shorter. But, like I said, it was a fairway finder, surprisingly so.
So this clubs durability is nil. My buddy took one swing... Topped horribly, and dented the bottom. Was brand new...

Other than that I loved this driver for its accuracy. Just has a fantastic dent in it. Think they'll replace?

I bet they would, if nothing else, cut hurt to ask dude.

Finally got to hit mine today. Played with the weights and loft and feel I found what works for me. I also topped a few balls today and just went and checked and bottom of the club looks good. It definitely wants to keep the ball in play and is definitely loud when hit dead center. Sound seemed muffled on off center hits but wasn't super penal on distance-20 yards or so.
So far liking it

Back