Wilson Staff Model Golf Balls and Baller Box

Just bumping this thread! Anyone playing the Staff Model golf ball or the RAW version? Seems to be radio silence lately!🤷‍♂️

I played the Staff ball Friday. Thought it played well. I switched between it and a Bridgestone
. I noticed I putted well with it. I reached it the bag and those two popped out. I bought the Wilson’s at our friends store in Burlington.

I got a sample sleeve of both. I’ll try them out on Friday and report back

Oh, these are actually real things? :oops:

I have a feeling you will see an uptick in sales for these.

Wow. This thread hasn’t been bumped in 535 days! Better late than never.
CFF74F35-80BC-4218-8E93-E08DF4DED138.jpeg

While I never tried this golf ball, I did play the Triad and thought it was pretty good for that $40 golf ball range, like the Tour Speed.

This deal still isn't having me run out and buy them though

I’ve played the Staff ball and liked it but Triad works for my game.
I love the brand but it’s so frustrating. They bring out DynaPwr and you wait forever to actually see or hit one. No other new product other than a ball. No bag, no wedge, no glove not even a damn hat. I envisioned a section in the awful website for STAFF only product. With their introduction calendar I’m not sure that could happen. In hindsight the baller box like many of their ideas in clubs might have been a good idea…… for a brand who actually is thought of as a golf company. You just make stuff. Even when it’s good stuff it just seems like stuff.

Last edited:
I've been contemplating this buy 3 get 4 deal. This ball seems to get almost universally good feedback with the only knock being Wilson itself. My only experience with it was driver testing a month ago. Saw my best ballspeeds ever.

I've played the FG Tour previously and enjoyed it. Even put one in play this week.

So has anyone actual played the Staff Model for a period of time? How does it compare to PV1X or CSX?

A rep gave me some of the Staff Model balls recently, and I kind of used them as a monitor ball for a bit because they're firm and high spin. That's kind of my jam off a mat.

I played them a bunch though, and for a guy that needs some spin and liked a high compression ball it has played pretty darn well. Seemed long off the tee for me paired with the Aerojet LS, good spin on approach. Didn't really get to test it in the wind much so I can't say how slippery it is, but it did seem durable. Greenside seemed good. Nothing stood out for complaint. It's a louder ball indoors. Pitch it unique. Definitely been a bit of a surprise though.

I have some of these. It is a pretty decent ball. I have some of the triads too but have not tried those yet.

IMG_1214.jpeg

Back