hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We have a height thread. But what about your wing span? It gets over looked in a lot of sports unless it’s combat related.

I’m 6’1”(73 inches) with a 79.5 inch wing span. Kinda guy that can stand straight up and scratch his knees. 😂.
Makes for some odd fitting clubs at times.

Is wing span relevant ?
For those who can fly ?) lol

Is wing span relevant ?
I don't know for day to day but it's an interesting statistic.

Like he said for combat sports, if you have a longer wingspan it is helpful in boxing to keep people out with the jab.

Is wing span relevant ?
Height and weight aren’t relevant unless you discuss them. Does the length of your arms change your lie angles?

Yea, my wingspan is taller than my height
(i'll have to measure later)

Interesting. I have no idea. Never measured it but I'm sure it's not much.

Height and weight aren’t relevant unless you discuss them. Does the length of your arms change your lie angles?
I know I have longer torso and shorter legs …my clubs were all measured when fitted ( hot metals ) so that’s been eliminated .

I have monkey arms, not sure on the measurement. Was great for playing d line, not so much for golf.

Generally speaking, your wingspan is supposed to be the same as or real close to your height.

Mine is 6'-0" on the dot.... but I never quite hit 6'-0" tall.

My wingspan (73”) is 2 inches longer than my height

Wingspan is 1” more than my height - 79”.

swallow.jpg

I bet the guys with shorter arms have to adjust more than the guys with longer arms... My gut tells me that having longer levers to swing with is probably a bit better :)

Is wing span relevant ?
One of the measurements they take for club fitting is your wrist to floor measurement. Height and wingspan are what will determine that measurement.

I bet the guys with shorter arms have to adjust more than the guys with longer arms... My gut tells me that having longer levers to swing with is probably a bit better :)
Speed if they are used correctly (Finau types) but it creates odd setups at times. I’m 37.25 in a Ping red dot which is one flat.

One of the measurements they take for club fitting is your wrist to floor measurement. Height and wingspan are what will determine that measurement.
Yes , did that , - mimatch - Mizuno clubs )

I have a tiny wingspan for my height (6 foot)....I don't know what it is but i have short arms and Kenny Pickett-like hands.

I can't even palm a basketball. And all of my dunks on record are one handed white guy ones.

Is wing span relevant ?

Yes.

^^^^^^ This! In Tom Wishon's book, "In Search of the Perfect Golf Club", he wrote about making clubs for NBA players. Some of them had arms so long that they took shorter than standard length clubs!

About exactly my height. 5'11 1/2"

I honestly have no idea.

I just checked my wingspan.
74” tall, 78” span. I contribute it to my large hands 😂

Long enough.

That's what my wife says.

Back