Winn grips - yea or nay?

Do you like them?

• Yea

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 34 64.2%

• Total voters
I'd vote both yes and no if I could. I love the feel, hate the lack of longevity, at least with the OG Dri-Tacs. I can get a year out of a set (around 150 rounds), but that's pushing it and they're completely toast by then.

Like many have said here, I love the feel but am not happy with the durability. That makes them very expensive. I am currently using the Dri-Tac Lite grips on my XXIO
clubs. I use midsize grips and XXIO doesn't seem to have any available. The light weight grips are needed with XXIO clubs so I use Dri-Tac Lite.

Love my DriTac 2.0, allows me to not need a glove, no issues with durability or being slick even in middle of summer.

Winn? No thanks, thank you.

Like many have said here, I love the feel but am not happy with the durability. That makes them very expensive. I am currently using the Dri-Tac Lite grips on my XXIO
clubs. I use midsize grips and XXIO doesn't seem to have any available. The light weight grips are needed with XXIO clubs so I use Dri-Tac Lite.
XXIO uses light grips only on driver and 3-wood. Hybrids and irons are standard weight.

1710609644287.png

But for sub 40 gram grips I don’t know of other options.

I have no negative issues with Winn grips. Used them a ot, and never had a problem with them.

Now, in the next few months, I will be regripping my two bags of TE irons. I will be going to a more friendly grip for arthritic hands. If Winn has something, I will purchase them.

I have no negative issues with Winn grips. Used them a ot, and never had a problem with them.

Now, in the next few months, I will be regripping my two bags of TE irons. I will be going to a more friendly grip for arthritic hands. If Winn has something, I will purchase them.
Have you tried GP CP2? I have trigger finger issues in both hands and the beginnings of some arthritis and the CP2 Wraps are great for me.

JumboMax.

They have everything from standard size grips to the huge monsters that Bryson uses (depending on the model). They're not inexpensive, but they're very comfortable and much (much!) more durable than Dri-Tacs.

I currently have the Golf Pride CPX jumbo grips on my clubs, and I'm developing a love/hate relationship with them. When it comes time to replace them I'll be going back to JumboMax.

I used them once, never again. Not very durable, and quite slippery.

JumboMax.

They have everything from standard size grips to the huge monsters that Bryson uses (depending on the model). They're not inexpensive, but they're very comfortable and much (much!) more durable than Dri-Tacs.

I currently have the Golf Pride CPX jumbo grips on my clubs, and I'm developing a love/hate relationship with them. When it comes time to replace them I'll be going back to JumboMax.
Sounds good, and thanks for the info. I will look at your suggestions. Not worried about the costs per grip. I will try a few out at Golf Galaxy.

Once purchased, I will do my own install. I've done my own work over the past several years.

Thanks again.

Have you tried GP CP2? I have trigger finger issues in both hands and the beginnings of some arthritis and the CP2 Wraps are great for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be looking at everything available.

Im just at very beginning of hand arthritis. It's not really an issue yet. Just going to get a jump on it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be looking at everything available.

Im just at very beginning of hand arthritis. It's not really an issue yet. Just going to get a jump on it.
Take a look at the Golf Pride CPX also, as long as you're shopping around.

Likes: Great (soft'ish) feel, very good grip (when clean), reduced taper at the bottom of the grip.

Dislikes: Light gray color gets dirty easily, grip gets slippery if you don't clean them (very!) regularly.

I haven't had them on long enough to really assess wear, I only have about 40 rounds on them so far.

I haven't had them on long enough to really assess wear, I only have about 40 rounds on them so far.
I see the CPX wearing out fairly quickly in the shop.

I like them. Use them on all my clubs. Have the DriTac midsize on all my clubs and DriTac Jumbo lite on my putter. Love the feel. I get the durability problems people have with them but they generally last a season for me, and I’m fine regripping sooner for the feel.

They are great. I play them without gloves unless the weather is too cold for my hands.
Haven't had any durability issues. I built half my set so replacing them won't be expensive.
Not sure if the low wear has anything to do with either the weather or my slow swing speed.
I've been playing in unusually wet weather most of the time.

Those that are saying no durability, are you referring to the 2.0’s? I’m not seeing any wear issues.

The KBS TGI shafts I bought used to build my T200s had a nearly new set of Dri Tac 2.0s. There ok I don’t hate them just not 1st or even 4th choice.

Yes they feel good when they’re first installed - if you like softer grips. But for me their lack of durability is a big no.
This is exactly what I was going to say.

i like the feel but my driver grip is already showing wear...i want to put the superstroke tour traxions on but i fear those may end up the same way and i already have brand new grips on my irons.

Those that are saying no durability, are you referring to the 2.0’s? I’m not seeing any wear issues.
My experience has all been with the originals, I haven't tried the 2.0s.

My experience has all been with the originals, I haven't tried the 2.0s.

the 2.0 on my driver is already showing some wear...but i have a "special" kind of grip pressure :ROFLMAO:

Yes they feel good when they’re first installed - if you like softer grips. But for me their lack of durability is a big no.
Get Super Stroke Cross Comfort grips. Similar feel, vastly superior durability. (y)

i like the feel but my driver grip is already showing wear...i want to put the superstroke tour traxions on but i fear those may end up the same way and i already have brand new grips on my irons.
If you do the Tour Traxions, I hope you have better luck with them than I did. I thought they were absolute trash, worst grip I've ever put on a club. 🤮 I've been a longtime fan of SuperStroke's putter grips, but the Traxion swing grips are terrible.

If you do the Tour Traxions, I hope you have better luck with them than I did. I thought they were absolute trash, worst grip I've ever put on a club. 🤮 I've been a longtime fan of SuperStroke's putter grips, but the Traxion swing grips are terrible.

noted. i'll stick with my MCC's and probably have the driver re-gripped pretty soon. not even sure why i chose the dri-tac in the first place....oh wait. because, i'm dumb.

“You got to durable, real durable, most ain’t “- Jack Wilson (William Smith).
They certainly aren’t.

Back