Winn grips - yea or nay?

Do you like them?

• Yea

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 34 64.2%

• Total voters
Love the feel. But they tear up too quick. So I'm a no.

I played them when they first came out, and loved them. But didn't like the poor durability. Moved on to Iomic and Star, which feel great, and last a long time.

Yes they feel good when they’re first installed - if you like softer grips. But for me their lack of durability is a big no.
Can't do them anymore. Like the feel, but Lamkin last 2-3 years where Winn barely a season

Like many others here, love the way Winn Dri-Tac feel but durability is lacking, especially for the price. Perhaps mine is the "1.0" version.

I play 2-3 times a week (one of the primary benefits of living in central FL!). Installed the Winn on a 20° hybrid a couple of months ago and it already shows definite wear / rub marks where my thumbs rest at address. Granted, this hybrid gets a lot of play, it is my "2nd shot" club on most long holes but it should be good for more than 20-30 rounds.

Not a fan

I used to like them when I played them 7-8 years ago but they wore out too quickly and were slippery particularly in humid conditions. Haven’t used them since and the CP2’s I use now last probably 3-4X longer.

No for me, get too slick in humid conditions

I used to like them when I played them 7-8 years ago but they wore out too quickly and were slippery particularly in humid conditions. Haven’t used them since and the CP2’s I use now last probably 3-4X longer.
Exactly. I have put a bunch of customers that were Winn players into CP2 and none have expressed any dissatisfaction nor requested a re-grip with something else.

Because of the arthritis in my hands, I'm going to try a couple of them. If they help reduce the pain, I don't care that durability might be an issue.

Because of the arthritis in my hands, I'm going to try a couple of them. If they help reduce the pain, I don't care that durability might be an issue.
Also try CP2. I have some painful joints in my hands and the CP2 are great.

Not a fan. I like the Golf Pride MCC +4.

I wouldn’t use any other grip that the Winn grip I currently have on my putter, but I haven’t seen any grips for the rest of the bag that particularly floats my boat.

Back