Winter golf Style...

Not a 4 season guy but when I gets cooler I wear Bobby Jones, Puma, TM, Nike and UA.

UA cold gear under a polo, and then I have a fleece jacket that I have found doesn't restrict my swing as well. I'll also put a winter hat on if it's cold/windy enough.

Obviously you want to layer. I like to go tighter against the body, and looser as I go out. You'll lose a little motion, but being warm is better.

Two other things I have learned as key for cold weather. First, get a good pair of large mittens. They are easy to take on/take off between shots and will keep your hands warm. Two, even if you think you have enough on, wear rainpants as the top layer. They do a great job against the wind and help keep you warm, without adding much bulk. If you get too warm, easy to pull off..

I usually go with an Under Armour cold gear mock turtleneck, golf shirt and a vest or 3/4 zip. If it's windy/rainey I might put a lightweight waterproof windbreaker over that. I go with the standard golf pants and can throw the FJ rain pants over them if I need to. FJ winter gloves and standard baseball style cap unless it's really cold then it's a tuuk.

I wear Under Armour golf pants, winter golf gloves, a fleece beanie, and this jacket:

5212d884f8313076ff664f83463e5cfa.jpg

It's down through the body, and then UA ColdGear sleeves. So warm and toasty on the parts that don't move, and the sleeves don't restrict my swing at all. I've worn it in temperatures from 30° to high 40°'s with no issues.

Thats Pretty damn nice looking there !!!! ***NOTE***

Same as a lot of other users, UA or Nike base layer, both top and bottoms. Really like the infared UA stuff. Then layer with a polo and if necessary a rain jacket or a ProQuip jacket that has the down in the body and more movable material in the arms and back. Works great.

Don't forget the WinterSof gloves. FootJoy makes a good pair
of winter gloves you can play in. As someone that doesn't play with a glove I find them a little Bulky but my members love them.

-Jay
@frostypga.

74f69b085960f5738d004ff27f72f7c0.jpg

This is my go-to, lol.

I played in temps down to the mid 20's (f) 2 years ago without wind and wore long johns, jeans and my rain pants with thick wool socks. On top it's all about breathable, non-restrictive layers. I usually have some form of UA-type compression shirt designed for the cold (reebok and saucing running also have some good stuff) with a wind proof shirt layered over and a thin down vest. Hat and normal golf gloves, although I wear one on each hand to protect against the cold air. And after east shot I put on my ski gloves for warmth.

A little vacation next week and these temps just couldn't hold up so if we can get 27 holes it means starting about 11am when the temp could still be in the 40's.

It's all about the layers, even mid-40's with clouds and a 15 mph wind can be rough. Then the sun comes out, wind dies down and you're a peeling layers off wishing you had shorts on...

I haven't found warm weather gloves I like but just bought a new pair of Mizuno Thermagrips to try out. Always try to play a Black Friday round with some hearty friends so hopefully they'll get used again then...

Nike hyperadapt jacket and pants. Nike Hyper warm top and bottom. Nike element pullover. With winter golf gloves. Nike vrs skull cap.

I just picked up the new under armour storm 1/4 zip. Its definitely thinner then my current cold weather 1/4 zip. I'm interested to see how warm it is.

Attachments

• V5-1264965-405_HTF.jpg
    V5-1264965-405_HTF.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
My objective is to play more this winter, especially since less golfers are out and about.

Today in DFW, it was low 50's in the morning, slight wind --

State Apparel Pants
IceBreaker Merino Wool base layer Shirt short sleeves
State Apparel Polo
Galvin Green Insula Jumper

By the time I warmed up, the Jumper was off, and I was warm and toasty. Impressed by the State Apparel Kit - pants are warm and water repellant.

For colder weather - I have a Long Sleeve Base Layer - Merino Wool or Synthetic, add the jumper, and the GoreTex PacLite Waterproof. If' it's really cold, a merino wool sweater instead of the Jumper.

Also have neck gator and beenie. and Cross Gloves between shots.

For waterproofs and rough weather, I use Nike HyperAdapt Jacket and Pants; and recently made a Galvin Green Investment of GoreTex PacLite for Layering.

Last edited:
Under Armor or the like shirts with a polo, 1/4 zip over that.
Golf slacks with maybe wind pants over those when the wind is cutting.
Beanie and gloves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back