WITB Radiman and his Callaway goods

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok. Thought it would be fun to do a WITB thread for what could be my favorite bag top to bottom I’ve ever had. I’ll try and go over my reasoning and some basic performance as I go through each spot.

Without further ado. Look at this sexy setup. I can’t stop staring at them 😍

1619568369355.jpeg
1619568394509.jpeg

Alright folks what you just saw is as follows:

Epic Speed Triple Diamond, 9° Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1”, 45.5” with MCC+4 Midsize

Callaway Epic Speed 💎💎💎 9° Set to S/N with a Ventus Blue 6X tipped 1”.

The Ventus Blue is likely one of a small handful of shafts that has just made an immediate positive impact for my game. This year I went down to a 6X instead of the 7X I played last year. I’m not getting any younger.

The Epic Speed Triple Diamond is a pretty special head in my eyes. Reminds me a lot of the triple diamonds of years past. But, this one seems to look a little more compact to
my eye. Has two 8 gram weights in the head. Ball flight is on the neutral side for me. I have a left miss. So, if something is neutral for me, it’s probably got some fade bias in there. It seems to be a mid launch mid to low spin head.

1619568798857.jpeg
1619568819494.jpeg
1619568840390.jpeg

Mavrik SZ 15° Ventus Red 7X tipped 1.5”, 43” with MCC+4 Midsize

As we travel another layer down in my setup you’ll see that I’m still rocking the Mavrik SZ 15° 3 wood that I got in the Grandaddy. This one is equipped with a Ventus Red 7X. The combo is seriously filthy. Never have I trusted a fairway as much as I do this one. This one is cemented in for a long time.

The Ventus Red gives this club a very robust feel through the swing. I can feel the head and step on it without sacrificing anything. The SZ head is pretty neutral for me. I expected this club to hit low bullets. But, it’s actually not all that hard to get air born.

TBH I rarely hit a fairway wood off the deck. It’s mostly a tee club for some specific holes. And honestly, off the tee, it’s not much shorter than my driver. I’ve hit some shots with it that would rival my average drive no question.

1619569141149.jpeg
1619569157330.jpeg
1619569175545.jpeg

21 X Forged UT 21° MMT 105TX, +.5” 1 degree upright with MCC +4

Next on the list is my new 2021 X Forged UT. 21° of loft and currently has the MMT 105TX shaft in it at +.5”. Honestly, I’m not all that impressed with the shaft. I will be either swapping it out for a KBS Tour Prototype 95X or going with a Ventus Blue HB 8 or 9X.

It’s not that it performs poorly. It just lacks a little feel for me. It’s probably a heavier shaft than what I want for the types of scenarios I use this club. For me, a UT is something I can control better than a hybrid. I don’t want fairway wood like distance in that spot and hybrids seem to be rocket launchers. It gets a pretty good mix of usage. Off the tee on some tight par 4’s. Into the wind on some layups. Or, even stepping in one to try and get home in 2 on a par 5. It’s definitely a low launcher right now. Sufficient. But, I think I want to add a little launch and I think the lighter shaft will help.

1619569506642.jpeg
1619569525647.jpeg
1619569544058.jpeg

Apex TCB 4-PW Modus 120X hard stepped 2 times, +.5” 1 degree upright with MCC+4 Midsize

Next, we have my favorite irons since my 2009 X Forged. No surprise that it’s another Callaway set. Apex TCBwith Modus 120X, hard stepped twice, playing +.5” and 1 degree upright.

I wanted to try a lighter shaft this year and just went with something that has gotten a lot of great feedback. I read every review I could find on these and many many others. Was a little worried buying blind. But, I think I made the right call. These shafts seem to take whatever I give them. I never feel like I need to out more into a swing to get performance. And I never feel like they didn’t handle what I gave them. Just a very interesting profile that I’m sad I didn’t try before.

What can I say about the TCB? They’re pretty much the perfect iron. Short blade length, little offset, solid feel, great launch and spin. They’re not that punishing on poor hits either. They remind me so much of the players CB’s I played years ago.

1619569887556.jpeg
1619569906803.jpeg
1619569926134.jpeg
1619569945996.jpeg
1619569964296.jpeg
1619569990653.jpeg
1619570013207.jpeg
1619570034228.jpeg
1619570062942.jpeg

Ran out of attachment space haha.

MD5 Jaws 52, 56 (bent to 58), and 64 KBS 610 Wedge Shaft, +.5” standard lie.

Getting closer to the bottom end of the bag you’ll see that I’m still playing the MD5 wedges I got from the Grandaddy. They’re great wedges that are extremely versatile. I haven’t had enough rounds to wear the grooves down, so no need to replace.

Last year I was trying to figure out which 3 wedges I should put in play from the 52, 56, 60, and 64 I had. I decided to dump the 60 and bend my 56 2 degrees weak.

1619570598662.jpeg
1619570700573.jpeg

Toulon San Diego Stroke Lab 34.5” 1 degree flat

Here we are. The bottom of my bag. Rounding it out with a classic milled blade putter. I’ve always been a Newport 2 kind of guy. So, when it came time for a new milled option, I immediately gravitated to the Toulon San Diego. Love the feel and it’s very well balanced.

1619570847364.jpeg
1619570864971.jpeg
1619570882018.jpeg
1619570899876.jpeg

Honorable Mention

2021 Odyssey Triple Track Ten, 35” standard lie, stock Odyssey grip.

I used some expiring shop credit to snag this bad boy. It’s a gorgeous putter but I’ve always been a blade guy. I’m going to give this a fair shake though since it seems so easy to line up. It will all come down to me being able to control the speed. I will be bringing it in to get bent flat to match my other putter. Probably cut it down a little bit too.

1619571095138.jpeg
1619571110779.jpeg
1619571128018.jpeg
1619571179854.jpeg

Last edited:
Now for the trimmings.

This year I went back to the Ping Hoofer. It’s a light weight simplistic design with a basic 5 way divider. The dividers are straight and I hate when they’re not and the clubs slide into each other. Plus growing up, everyone had a Ping Hoofer haha.

1619571657877.jpeg

Next is something I’m pretty new to. Some sick Swag head covers. I ended up pulling the Greatest Hits 2.0 Special. I contemplated selling it. But thought it looked pretty unique, so it went in the bag! Rounded it out with some Concentric Skull Azalea wood covers. I never see these out in the wild so I thought it would be cools to have.

1619571786633.jpeg

Next, let’s dig in the pockets shall we? I usually have an ample supply of Moorhead Country Club plastic tees. For one, that’s the club I’m at, and two, they’re free haha. I use some Hideaway ball markers I got from my trip in 2019. Also a Hideaway digit tool. I like keeping them with me on the course to remind me of the experience. I also have a repair tool I got from the Ryder Cup in 2016.

Then, don’t want to be that guy. But, if you see me on the course, there will be music playing. So, I have my trusty Puma Sound Chuck.

My ball pocket will have a good supply of CSX or CSXTT at all times.

Then my Bushmell Pro XE rangefinder will forever be clipped on the side.

1619572030427.jpeg

Oh! I almost forgot.

1619572059598.jpeg
1619572076363.jpeg

It’s just a seemingly simple 50 cent piece. But I’ll never let it go. My Dad isn’t really the sentimental type. But, one day when I was playing with him 5-6 years ago, I didn’t have a ball marker on me so he borrowed me a 50 cent piece. He always has a handful of them in his bag. It’s pretty much all he’s use to mark his ball. After the round, I forgot to give it back. Next time out, he asked me for it. He’s protective of his favorite ball marker I guess. Told him I’d get it and bring it next time. I found the coin and got to thinking. My Dad isn’t a spring chicken and golfing has been getting harder and harder for him each year. I knew we didn’t have a lot of rounds left together. I decided to stash the coin away and told him I must have lost it. He doesn’t know that it’s in the bottom of my valuables pocket.

A few years later, he had a quadruple bypass and hasn’t been the same. At 78 years old and with heart problems, we may have played our last round together. I don’t really know. But, I’ll always have this coin to remind me of the time we spent on the course.

Last edited:
Radi that bag is looking amazing!!!!! Can't wait to tee it up in Aug and see you hit some bombs.

Ran out of attachment space haha.

MD5 Jaws 52, 56 (bent to 58), and 64 KBS 610 Wedge Shaft, +.5” standard lie.

Getting closer to the bottom end of the bag you’ll see that I’m still playing the MD5 wedges I got from the Grandaddy. They’re great wedges that are extremely versatile. I haven’t had enough rounds to wear the grooves down, so no need to replace.

Last year I was trying to figure out which 3 wedges I should put in play from the 52, 56, 60, and 64 I had. I decided to dump the 60 and bend my 56 2 degrees weak.

View attachment 9005578
View attachment 9005579

Toulon San Diego Stroke Lab 34.5” 1 degree flat

Here we are. The bottom of my bag. Rounding it out with a classic milled blade putter. I’ve always been a Newport 2 kind of guy. So, when it came time for a new milled option, I immediately gravitated to the Toulon San Diego. Love the feel and it’s very well balanced.

View attachment 9005580
View attachment 9005581
View attachment 9005582
View attachment 9005583

Honorable Mention

2021 Odyssey Triple Track Ten, 35” standard lie, stock Odyssey grip.

I used some expiring shop credit to snag this bad boy. It’s a gorgeous putter but I’ve always been a blade guy. I’m going to give this a fair shake though since it seems so easy to line up. It will all come down to me being able to control the speed. I will be bringing it in to get bent flat to match my other putter. Probably cut it down a little bit too.

View attachment 9005587
View attachment 9005588
View attachment 9005589
View attachment 9005590
I just bought the TT Ten tonight and loved the first round with it.

Great write up on your new bag! The irons look awesome.

That is a great set of clubs, love the iron choice.

Great bag, and write up!

That is a gorgeous looking bag, and my eyes were immediately drawn to the headcovers!

Sweet looking bag!

Just curious.....was the modus 120 TX an option for you?

How is the double hard step working for you......you beast!

Great write up and that’s a heck of a bag. Enjoy.

awesome bag!! Ventus Red has been the one thats really intrigued me for a year now. ive played both black and blue already with success but Red seems like the perfect fw shaft

Radi that was freaking awesome man. I love that you have stayed with Callaway through the bag.

Just curious.....was the modus 120 TX an option for you?

How is the double hard step working for you......you beast!
You know, I never asked about the tx. I was told when I ordered to pick a shaft that Callaway had listed. Some reviews I’ve read seem to suggest that the modus 120 could be a little soft feeling. So, I decided to try and tighten the feel up. They feel phenomenal.

those TCBs have been intriguing since we first saw info on them. i love that you're seeing so much success this early with them. great setup, my man!

those TCBs have been intriguing since we first saw info on them. i love that you're seeing so much success this early with them. great setup, my man!
I hope that they move them from limited to at least a somewhat full release. They're so good.

awesome bag man.. Tell me what you think about those .610 wedges shafts.. I just got some and I am waiting on them being installed.. I think it is funny that we walk similar bag lines. I went with the 120s and not the 125s.

awesome bag man.. Tell me what you think about those .610 wedges shafts.. I just got some and I am waiting on them being installed.. I think it is funny that we walk similar bag lines. I went with the 120s and not the 125s.
I like them a lot. Since they're clubs I am not putting a full swing on all that often, it's hard for me to say that they feel or perform any differently than other wedge shafts. I like the weight and balance though. When I do put a full swing on them, I definitely never feel like the shaft is struggling to keep up.

Awesome set up Radi!!!

beeyooooteeeful

That is a sweet bag. I could and would play it with nary a complaint. It's got all the things I love. :)

You know how I feel about most of the rest, but I love that the SZ 15* FW is still there. That thing is so hard to outdo it's silly. Great setup, man!

That is a sweet bag. I could and would play it with nary a complaint. It's got all the things I love. :)

You know how I feel about most of the rest, but I love that the SZ 15* FW is still there. That thing is so hard to outdo it's silly. Great setup, man!
Probably my favorite club that I got from the Grandaddy. It took me a few rounds until I figured out what a weapon it was off the tee. Hit high towering shots over trees to take on dog legs or flighting it down for a low draw to run down the fairway. It's dangerous.

That is such a sweet setup Radi! Great stuff man.

Back