Workout routine for high school golfer

Farmergolf

Drink Milk
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Hello, My son is a junior in high school. He loves to golf, practices alot and is getting better. He has that 6 foot 140 pound body we had in high school that thought would always be around but unfortunately isn`t anymore!! He is obviously not going to gain a lot weight soon but thought maybe if he could add 5-10 pounds muscle it could help his game. My question is there golf specific workouts/muscle groups he should focus on? We don`t really have much equipment at home other than total gym and heavy set dumbbells. Also could do core/body weight things. He could find a gym if needed other equipment. Thanks

He should focus on overall strength and not just golf specific exercises. He should be trying to increase overall strength by doing squats, deadlifts, chest/shoulder presses, pull ups/rowing exercises and core strengthening exercises. You don’t necessarily need a gym membership, but it’s worth it in the long run to help build the habit of getting stronger.

This doesn’t answer the question but whatever exercises you do, make sure you have him up the calories and that he gets more sleep. At that age, he can put of muscle very easily if he does those things

now for the exercises…
Push-ups, pull ups, dips, lunges, lateral lunges, floor press, squats, rotational med ball throws, plyo metrics all are great and can be done with what you guys have
Again at that age, the program doesn’t have to be world class. He can do just about anything to get stronger and more explosive

check out this guy’s Instagram page. He is S&C for a high school and has lots of good circuits you can do with minimal equipment (@garciaperformance)

or just look up Gambetta Leg Circuit

Hello, My son is a junior in high school. He loves to golf, practices alot and is getting better. He has that 6 foot 140 pound body we had in high school that thought would always be around but unfortunately isn`t anymore!! He is obviously not going to gain a lot weight soon but thought maybe if he could add 5-10 pounds muscle it could help his game. My question is there golf specific workouts/muscle groups he should focus on? We don`t really have much equipment at home other than total gym and heavy set dumbbells. Also could do core/body weight things. He could find a gym if needed other equipment. Thanks
Squats, deadlifts, bench and overhead presses, power cleans. Drink Milk, like you have in your profile, and up the protein intake to fuel the growth.

Thank you for the replies, I will get him started.

Back