Worst shot of the round?

Hard driver pushes to the right my last round.. not sure where that came from.

other than a couple snap hooks from my driver, My worst shot on Sunday ended up costing me 3 more on the hole.

I got to within 40 yards in 2 on a Par 5 hole, which is amazing for my game as I am not a long hitter normally. I set up for a chip shot with my 58* because I had to go over a bunker and stop it pretty quick. I ended up hitting it fat but because of the hard ground, the club bounced up and I thinned it across the green. I proceeded to chip it one more time and didnt get to the green, then Putted it where it ran all the way back down the the bottom of the green where I two putted for a 7!

For me it was a bad third shot into a par 5 on a quirky hole that gets in my head. Caught a tree and resulted in a triple..

Does camera shot count?? :LOL:. This is live round at it's finest. You think you got a good one on video, and look back and the phone is face down on the ground. Lol

About 10 years ago, first hole tee I hit a power line dead center about 50 yards from where I hit, ball game back and landed 10 yards in front of me. Will never forget it or the loud smack against the power line 😂

You know that bunker shot I was complaining about? The one where the club went right under the ball and the ball didn't go anywhere?

Well at the range yesterday I had this horrible realization it might have been me. See I was practicing flop shots on the mat and did the same shot. The ball went straight up about a foot in the air and straight down. :eek: I think maybe the club was a little too open.

I think if I get this right I might be able to do that backwards trick shot Mickelson does. :ROFLMAO:

Watch out for your noggin! I had a 68* I could hit myself in the head with.

Played after work last night, and for the first 5 holes I was hitting baby fades off the tee as I didn't have time to loosen up before teeing off

So you can guess what happened when I got to the 6th hole, which is a dogleg right with trees (OB) left.....yup, a big old hook resulting in a lost ball
Did the same again on the par 3 7th hole with an 8i that I turned over and it bounced OB as well :banghead:

Par 5, sitting 75 yards out in a bunker and proceeded to hit a 56* about 120 yards, over the green and into the trees 🙃

Which one? There were so many 💩 shots it was hard to keep track as to which was the worst. Which was the most frustrating? Hmmm... on the 9th hole when I finally hit a decent tee shot = yes it took 9 holes, I blocked the second shot into the woods because I couldn't play a single hole on the front 9 in a playable area. The round was so bad that I stopped keeping score on the 4th hole after the 4th triple bogey and decided it was a practice round.

Topped my drive 20 yards and couldn’t find the ball. The next drive went 307 yards. Golf is dumb!

Feel like I have one of these each outing: ball sort of sitting up on the rough near the green; I'm chipping with my 58*, and the club basically goes under the ball and ball pops up and lands in the same rough about 4 yards in front of where it was before.

So very frustrating. Though I never seem to learn :LOL:

I had a few bad ones today but one that stick with me. I had a really bad start but had just played the middle 7 holes at even par which is incredible for me and put me on pace for a really good round.
My tee shot on a par 3 was right of the hole leaving a tough chip but was really just trying to put it within 15 feet. Picked my head up and shanked the chip into the bunker. That led to a triple which cascaded into a bunch of doubles and triples to finish. Never recovered mentally and am still frustrated at myself for that one.

Did something today I have not done in a very long time. Had a 145 yard par 3. I normally hit a 9 iron for this. But for some reason I pulled my 6. Hit a perfect shot and was flying right at the flag. And then kept going right over the flag into the top of trees behind the green. It was pretty funny when I realized what I had done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to lay up with my 7 iron and hooked it about 165 forward and 35 left.
Then hit a great 100 yard shot in front of people where I had hit my ball almost onto their tee box

Stone cold top of a driver into the rough. Manage to dig a 5w out of the thick stuff and still 180 to go on a par 4. Was a long day.

duff.png

Tried to hit a 5 wood from some deepish rough yesterday. The ball went all of 5 feet forward.

Lots of choices but have to go with a straight up chunked 9i from position A on an easy par 4 which led to a double bogey. In hindsight it kinda set the tone for the round...

It wasn't just one. I 4-putted today. I just feel like I needed to put that on the record somewhere. 4-putt ✅

Earlier today on a short dogleg Par 4, I stripe my drive down the middle of the fairway 275 yards leaving myself an easy 60-yard pitch to the pin.

I proceed to chunk my pitch shot, with the ball advancing 35 yards into a green side rough.

Sucks, but not the end of the world, as I looked at the upward sloping green. Just need an easy chip. Next shot, I thinned my chip with the ball shooting over the elevated green, skipping past the cart path, and into bushes.

I take a drop and proceeded to pitch my ball onto the green but it’s now rolling downhill back towards the rough I was in earlier.

A light chip and two putts later… I wound up with a snowman on the Par 4.

Damn, things can really turn from “sitting pretty” to “dumpster fire” in a hurry.

Screenshot_20211122-205703_Chrome.jpg

Oh yeah @That post , that happened. I'm my defense, the second 'putt' was from about 30y off the green. :LOL:

View attachment 9046624

Oh yeah @That post , that happened. I'm my defense, the second 'putt' was from about 30y off the green. :LOL:

It's somehow comforting to know you can in fact be a fallible putter. :LOL:

Considering your putting stroke I am trying to wrap my head around how a second putt could have possibly been from 30y off the green and the only rationalization I can come up with in my mind is that Gizmo must have grabbed the ball and ran with it. :LOL:

It's somehow comforting to know you can in fact be a fallible putter. :LOL:

Considering your putting stroke I am trying to wrap my head around how a second putt could have possibly been from 30y off the green and the only rationalization I can come up with in my mind is that Gizmo must have grabbed the ball and ran with it. :LOL:
He has nudged a friend's ball before. Like, that's not ours, get this thing outta here! :LOL:

No, it was from above a hole on a ridge from about 10' to start. Basically just breathed on it, but because of the slow trickle it wiggled and lipped past, and it finally stopped about 25 yards back onto the fairway. 😕 I had to go get a wedge. Clipped that to about 2". By the time I got my putter in hand it had started rolling back down again though, to 20'. 2 putt from there, and I basically walked up with it to tap it as soon as it stopped.

The tournaments are over, so they put some pins in places that definitely wouldn't meet USGA standards, and the greens just went dormant and are slick as hell. Add in the leaves and it's a pretty wild ride out there. Actually, I probably should have played more seriously and posted a bad score. :LOL: Might have to do that after the holiday.

Yesterday had 201 yds on my second shot into a par 5. Topped it right into the woods.

Sunday afternoon skulled a shot from the greenside bunker, probably 70 yards past the green :(

CHUNKY ******* IRONS AND WEDGES. Ground was soooo soft today and I was having issues.

Back