Worst shot of the round?

The 34" putt I missed back on the 6th hole for birdie...

Definitely the 1/2 swing 54* that I chunked from A position on 18 after a bombed drive yesterday. Wedges are killing me lately, I need a couple buckets worth of short iron and wedge only practice...

Worst shot of yesterdays round was an attempt to hack back to the fairway out of the long fescue on a par 5.
I used the 7 iron just to pop it out maybe 20 yards and I got it to go about 3 feet.
Well, on 2nd thought, maybe the worst shot was the 2nd attempt to get it out of the fescue with the 7 iron.
Or...maybe the 3rd attempt. Then I lost my cool and tried a 4th and finally the 5th came out....so you take your choice :mad:

Anyway, the par 5 turned into the a 10 and a thoroughly dissapointed golfer. . . . .

Worst shot of yesterdays round was an attempt to hack back to the fairway out of the long fescue on a par 5.
I used the 7 iron just to pop it out maybe 20 yards and I got it to go about 3 feet.
Well, on 2nd thought, maybe the worst shot was the 2nd attempt to get it out of the fescue with the 7 iron.
Or...maybe the 3rd attempt. Then I lost my cool and tried a 4th and finally the 5th came out....so you take your choice :mad:

Anyway, the par 5 turned into the a 10 and a thoroughly dissapointed golfer. . . . .

I did exactly the same thing on a par 5 (and took the same score) last week. You are among friends here...:beat-up:

Yanked a drive into the road left of the first tee today. Held my breath and listened closely, but no damage done.

Got a little two excited to attempt a second shot that I could have landed on the green on a par 5. Pulled out my 1 iron which I can usually at least land close to the green from the fairway. Thinned it right into some of the roughest grass on the course. Ended up double bogeying the hole when it should have been an easy par/ good birdie attempt. One bad shot turned it into a bad hole overall.

For the life of me, I have no idea what was going on in my head, swing, or body in that moment to make my right foot slip back like it was in a bunker. It felt so weird. And throwing my hands at it a bit to cover for it made me go long. The fact that it was a partial wedge, which I really excel at, makes it seem even more strange.

Wedges here, wedges there, wedges everywhere. May need therapy to get rid of the memories of Sunday’s round.

It was, in fact, in a yard. 😕. Dogleg attack gone wrong. Tee'd 3.

Last edited:
Tuesday, the drive after my near hole in one was on a wide open 487 yard par 5. I topped it 169 yards, took bogey. Classic ABFU :banghead:

A skulled chip right to the otherside of the green and rolled into the deep bunker. Good times, good times.

The worst shot of the round today was actually one of my best strikes. I smoked a 3H out of the rough on the longest par-4 on the course.

It's too bad I meant to pull the 5H. 🤬

Pulled my tee shot through some trees on a drivable par 4 and couldn’t find the ball. Ugh!

You know that bunker shot I was complaining about? The one where the club went right under the ball and the ball didn't go anywhere?

Well at the range yesterday I had this horrible realization it might have been me. See I was practicing flop shots on the mat and did the same shot. The ball went straight up about a foot in the air and straight down. :eek: I think maybe the club was a little too open.

I think if I get this right I might be able to do that backwards trick shot Mickelson does. :ROFLMAO:

Chunky wedges, thin wedges. Sure there were good wedges too, but these killed me!

Pulled my drive and hit a tree. Drive went maybe 75 yards. Had to hit a 3 wood to 50 yards and almost holed out for a birdie. Even though the drive was horrendous I managed to save par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I skanked a driver on a super easy par 5. If I hit it halfway decent, I have a mid iron into the green but I had to chip out to have the same mid iron in.

my brain said 5i, my hand grabbed a 9i...hit the 10% of the tree that is solid when my punch was too high...

Same GW and a similar distance to the one on the hole with my best shot yesterday:

1629741974271.png

🤬 it into the brush, where I had to chop it out with the ball 3 feet behind my back foot. Double bogey from ~105 yds out.

Then, because this one wasn't enough, I did nearly the same thing with a 9-iron on the next hole, except that it stayed in some grass.

2 drives today yanked left that were gone right off the club. So disappointing.

I yanked this 4i left directly into the heart of this tree. Thank goodness for the backward bounce it got out of it.

The 9i location is down in a deep dropoff, a completely blind shot. I knocked it on the green and just burned the edge on the 24' par-saving attempt. That would've been a nice one to have fall.

1630203500667.png

Chunked a 6 iron 100 yards short into a lake on a par 3 with my 6 iron following said ball into the lake.

110% my drive on the 18th; almost a complete cold-top with the driver that managed to dribble out to a non-respectable 30ish yards or so:mad:

Even though it was by best round of the year, that doesn't mean there were a few stinkers...

The worst (especially given the situation) was a 60* from about 75 yds that I chunked so badly it only went about 30 of those 75. The real bad part is if I had just managed to get it on the green, I would have had two putts for a 75, which would have been my lowest ever on a par 72 layout. I ended up settling for a 76 and tying my lowest. Still a great round but this hurt!

Back