Would you buy a pair of Chuck Taylor Golf Shoes?

Would you buy them?

• Yes

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • **** NO!

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

Who is Chuck Taylor and why would I want to wear his shoes?

I owned these back in the day when they were retro cool. But that’s a hard no for me for golf.

I’ve owned a few , none recently think my last pair was 8 years ago

Never heard of Chuck Taylor. I'm guessing a basketball player. I probably had some similar shoes sixty or so years ago.

Thats a heyyy No from me. I have some of the sneakers and there have been times when I’ve walked long distances in them and damn near went crippled. They are incredibly uncomfortable on long walks.

I wore them playing high school basketball back in the late 70s.
Same here. Hated them then, still do. Give me some hightop Dr J leather cons to consider ... might be a different story.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When I was kid you didn't shop for sneakers you went to the store and the salesman asked what color Chucks do you want & high or low tops? Now they are just a fashion statement, but I 've come to realize they offer no comfort or stability compared to other athletic shoes. So no, I would not want them in a golf shoe.

And only because someone asked....Chuck Taylor was a basketball player years ago but mainly a shoe salesmen for Converse. He developed great contacts with all the coaches of his time. He died in the late 60's. I met several Converse reps who knew him and said he worked non stop to get the Canvas All Star placed with school and stores. Also he was an avid golfer. And he probably wouldnt have worn them ether.

Why not!

The funny thing is we have a guy at my home course that wears them almost every round to golf, and they don't have spikes, his tempo and balance is incredible!

I gave up trying to pass as young and cool 40+ years ago. Hard no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back