Would you buy a pair of Chuck Taylor Golf Shoes?

Would you buy them?

• Yes

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • **** NO!

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
1590672471328.png

If Converse were to produce a Chuck Taylor golf shoe, would you buy them?

Just never got into that style.

Yes. Hi Top Black.

I never liked those as regular shoes, so **** no.

Canvas - probably not ... grass is never dry enough for canvas shoes. Especially when I play in the long grass so much.

Canvas - probably not ... grass is never dry enough for canvas shoes. Especially when I play in the long grass so much.
They can be waterproofed. I have the denim Nike shoes that Brooks was wearing at pebble last year and they are reliably waterproof.

Keeping then clean on the other hand...

I played in Chucks in high scholl and college basketball.(Yes I am old) I tore my knee when I went to leather All- Stars. Still the canvas was so unsupportive.

Hell no. I’d like some ankle support.

They can be waterproofed. I have the denim Nike shoes that Brooks was wearing at pebble last year and they are reliably waterproof.

Keeping then clean on the other hand...

Waterproof spray? I need this... I hate wearing my chucks out and then rain hits.

Why not just get those spikes you add to the bottom of shoes?

But frankly I dont see much comfort or stability in those, I used mine primarily for heavy lifting

chuck taylors NEVER did anything for me
i was on the other end of the spectrum for this, in 1987 i was 7 years old, thats when the birth of a shoe has always been near and dear, nike air max.

Waterproof spray? I need this... I hate wearing my chucks out and then rain hits.
Nope, waterproofed from the manufacturer. Probably a waterproof membrane on the inside of the material.

Hard pass on these.

Most likely no.

Nope... but I do rock these on the course and love them.

1590674338346.png

Can't stand the look of Chucks, so...

I have the LunarLon soled Chucks that are much more comfortable. It would be a fashion piece and not functionality so I understand the people that would say no.

I voted yes because there was no "maybe" option. My little girl loves Chuck Taylor shoes. I'd assume she'd like them as golf shoes, too, so I'd buy her a pair.

I'm not sure I've ever had Chuck Taylors on my feet before.

I played in Chucks in high scholl and college basketball.(Yes I am old) I tore my knee when I went to leather All- Stars. Still the canvas was so unsupportive.

I wore them playing high school basketball back in the late 70s.

Definitely can’t see myself ever wearing Chucks on the course

They always ran too narrow for me and they don't have any support. I don't mind the look I just never found them comfortable.

I would because I like zero drop, minimalist shoes, so those would be right up my alley. I wouldn't because Converse is a subsidiary of Nike, and I don't buy anything Nike, so I voted no.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Even in high top they would look ridiculous

Back