Would you eat this?

Pass my plate...I'm in. Put the ice cream on the side.

I've never eaten any kind of cheese on a fruit pie. A Mexican pie, yeah, sure.

That said, I like apple pie, and I like good cheddar cheese, so maybe I might try this combo if it showed up in front of me. I probably wouldn't go looking for it.

@OITW , I agree, its good, but pie gotta be warm

Never had it with cheese on it, but would give it a shot.

I know it's done a lot, it doesn't sound great to me together, separately I like them both.

My dad used to do it and I tried it once to see what was what. It wasn't bad at all but I haven't done it since...

No no no no no. The only thing that needs to be on top of my piece of warm apple pie is a big scoop of ice cream.

Ok now I want apple pie.

Cheddar cheese on apple pie.

Some people claim cheddar cheese on a slice of warm apple pie is heaven. I'm on the fence. Cheese belongs in chili and on burgers (not a sammich!!!):D

I'm not that big on apple pie, I'll take cherry instead but if I had to, I'll go for apple pie. But I draw the line at cheese on it. Ice cream? Yes. No problem. Cheese? No.

Thoughts?
I would definitely give it a try. I love cheddar cheese, there's not much that it doesn't make better.

it is really really good.

I can't say I wouldn't try it, but I don't anticipate liking it.

I've heard of people doing this, but I never have. I would at least try it, if it was a good cheese. But then again I like red hot candies baked into my apple pie.
This sounds damn good actually! Are they hard when you eat it? Like would I expect a crunch in each bite or are they pretty melted since they were just baking in a pie?

I love good cheddar cheese. It's not my favorite (that would be cherry), but I like apple pie, too. However, I can't even imagine this would be a good combination.

More than anything, I’m amazed that so many people haven’t heard of it/tried it. I’ve always thought it was a pretty common thing.

More than anything, I’m amazed that so many people haven’t heard of it/tried it. I’ve always thought it was a pretty common thing.
Their just savages and don't appreciate the good things in life! 😎

My grandmother and mother used to serve cheese on pairs and it was pretty darn good so I can't see it being a far reach on apple pie. I would try it and probably like it.

Why not? Best case scenario is it's damn good. Worst case, you pull off the cheese and eat them separately. No downside that I can see.

hardpass.jpg

My wife would have apple pie no other way, has to have some cheddar on the side. Myself, never tried it, got to have some vanilla ice cream on the side.

We (the family) used to put land o lakes white american on apple pie and I still do.

For those that like cheese on your apple pie, bon apetit. I’ll pass

It was my late grandpa's go to dessert. He'd put the cheese and apple pie in a bowl with a little milk! Delicious!

Back