Would you really know!

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
So my question is... if you were blind folded would you really know what ball you are are playing?

For me the the answer is somtimes.... how about you???

Putting and chipping I could probably tell a urethane ball from a cheap, 2 piece ball. Other than that, heck no.

Nope not a chance

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Nope not even close

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

blindfolded maybe. though it's been awhile since i've really tested other balls. but headphones or earplugs, no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Depends on what the choices are. But probably not.

Between rock flites vs softer compression balls...most likely. Now, if you say pro v1 vs chrome soft vs z star vs tp5...etc, probably not.

I couldn't tell and I might hit the ball better blindfolded!

my 3 normal balls being wilson duo, chromesoft and z-star XV I can tell the difference between those 3

Nope. Plus after I cracked my ankle from trying to hit the ball blindfolded I wouldn't care as much about the ball through my girlie-man tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubtful

Probably not.

Very unlikely.

Only when comparing low compression balls to a standard ball and even that is a slim chance... Especially off the tee.

Probably not

Maybe. Nike Mojo/Topflite(Top rocks) vs something low compression (Wilson) due to the sound off my irons.

I believe I could tell the difference blindfolded between a Callaway Warbird and a Supersoft. Maybe even a Supersoft and a B330 RXS. Almost certainly not a Supersoft and Staff Duo. Perhaps a Warbird and a B330RXS, but I wouldn't bet on that last one.

Not a chance.

Putting and chipping I could probably tell a urethane ball from a cheap, 2 piece ball. Other than that, heck no.
Pretty much this.

No chance.

Well, blindfolded, I'm gonna whiff, so, no I would not be able to tell what ball I just missed.

Negatory, ghost rider.

I'd never be able to tell brand, that's out. I'd only be able to tell what works and what doesn't. I'm confident that I've been very objective in my ball search so I'd think a blind elimination test among balls already familiar with just might boil down to my 2 or 3 favorites.

I could probably tell I was not playing my regular ball off the driver or putter by feel and sound. But probably could not tell if I was using the same ball specifically, but could tell if it was a likely a different compression than what I usually play.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Blindfolded? Yes.

Now if you put earmuffs on, no.

Back