Would you take a membership at Augusta National?

The limitations suck too bad. I'd have to decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take it with NO problems. I would choose option 2 it's not that bad of a drive or flight down there, plus there is a small window of playing time anyway. Not to mention we have family in Charleston so I can drop the wife and kid off at the beach on the way. Then option 3. I would make new golf friends down there and still play with all my buddies back home like normal. Option 1 is not a choice at all.

There are some caveats. Two of the three conditions exist below, you can pick the two. Would you still accept the membership?

1. It's the only course you could play for the rest of your life.

2. You can not move from your current place of residence to be closer to the course.

3. You can not bring guests to play.

Looks like I am one of the few that would accept the invite.

I would and I would pick #2 & 3.

Still no for me

I'd do it, 2 & 3 would be the conditions. I would binge play 3 or 4 times a year.

No. I would want to bring a guest sometimes nor I don't live close.

Based on the restrictions... no

No, not with those restrictions. Not worth it.

I'll pass.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd take #2 and #3 - as a member, you've got a place to stay on course, so I'd travel down there a few times a year to play. #1 would be an absolute deal breaker.

No. that place is a dump.

Those three conditions are just too much.

Not a chance even if I was in the US

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

A big no for me. Of course, I think Augusta and the Masters are the hyperbolic epitome of what is wrong with golf.

No
I could almost deal with it being my only course, but shortly after the Masters, they close the golf course for the summer months.

No
I could almost deal with it being my only course, but shortly after the Masters, they close the golf course for the summer months.

Hard to play when they close from the end of May to mid October..... But I would probably do it. Even though people are saying "they're not my kind of people" (which is hard to say as the membership is kept secret) I think you might run into some interesting and very successful people.
"Not my kind of people" ..... Who is the snob now?

Last edited:
Nah, the state between here and there is a minor hinderance.

Given that I'm already on orders to move to Augusta, I'm going to choose to ignore that bit about not leaving my current residence. It's not like I'd quit my job for membership.

And so, since I'm moving to the Fort Gordon area and planning to buy a home there...sure, I'll be a member.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Absolutely No! One of the joys of playing, for me, is the guys I play with. It could be a goat track and I'd take that over Augusta, with the caveats posted.

Not with those stipulations.....plus you have to remember the course is closed all summer so you are very limited when you could play.

Nope. I personally dont like the stuffy attitude of the club, so Id pass on that.

Back