X.Man's 30day Prep for the Gauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
So with just over 30days I want to dial in a few things in preparation for The Gauntlet. I'll be posting things from irons swings, to putting, to Driver..etc...

I welcome any and all feedback regardless of who you are rooting for for the event. #TeamAJ

I'll start with my 7iron. I am currently working on trying to shorten my backswing as well as trying to get rid of unnecessary hip sway towards the ball (sliding into it). But maybe there isn't cue or something else I am missing.

https://vimeo.com/162528899

https://vimeo.com/162528952

Love it. I will be following along. Just don't get too good! #TeamJRod

Love your swing, looking forward to following your journey.

I can't wait to follow your journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin good man! Get that work in!

Great looking swing X man. Good luck on the journey.

Good Stuff X.. Can't wait to follow The Guantlet, year in and year out, it's one of the best events to follow all year.

you sure can put a hurting on a golf ball.

there's not a lot to take issue with in that swing. with your length and that swing, i don't know how you're not sub 8. i only saw a couple things:

- in the face-on video, at impact and in the finish, your weight seems to be centered on the instep of your left foot. and it looks like there isn't much forward shaft lean at impact. i'd like to see your weight pressed down on the balls of your left foot, maybe even rolling to the outside of that foot. if you can keep your head relatively still instead of racing forward with your weight, and maintain your spine angle, i think that would produce a really powerful efficient draw.

- in the down-the-line video, it looks like you are aimed to the right of your target, and hitting a straight pull. i think a more square alignment and some forward shaft lean will get that ball started just a little right of the target and gently drawing back.

i recall your miss being a hook from when we were on the range together, but i really think that's a weight distribution thing. i think if you're getting that weight more fully to the left side, it will be hard to hit that left-going-left shot.

just some thoughts. but it really looks good, bud.

Good luck buddy. I can't help you with your swing but your beard game is good to go!

So with just over 30days I want to dial in a few things in preparation for The Gauntlet. I'll be posting things from irons swings, to putting, to Driver..etc...

I welcome any and all feedback regardless of who you are rooting for for the event. #TeamAJ

I'll start with my 7iron. I am currently working on trying to shorten my backswing as well as trying to get rid of unnecessary hip sway towards the ball (sliding into it). But maybe there isn't cue or something else I am missing.

https://vimeo.com/162528899

https://vimeo.com/162528952

Make sure the toe of that club is pointed at the sky on the back swing. It a bit closed and that is why you saw that pull. We spoke about the length of that swing. It's a bit long and could get erratic. You'll be playing target golf in AZ. And you won't be playing from the desert. Try to not allow you head to be moved by your shoulder. This should shorten the take away a bit.

Good luck brother!! I'm heading to the range tonight if you're free.

Looking good partner. #TeamAJ FTW

X.Man's 30day Prep for the Gauntlet

Make sure the toe of that club is pointed at the sky on the back swing. It a bit closed and that is why you saw that pull. We spoke about the length of that swing. It's a bit long and could get erratic. You'll be playing target golf in AZ. And you won't be playing from the desert. Try to not allow you head to be moved by your shoulder. This should shorten the take away a bit.

Yeah one of the things I noticed was the length of the swing when you pointed it out to me. Really trying to stay shorter.

When referring to the toe pointing at the sky, is that related to wrist bow or hands? If so what are some cues that can help me to have that toe pointed at the sky

Freddie: For him hitting a 7 iron do you think a slightly narrower stance would help here at all or be beneficial? For some reason it looks a touch wide in the face on shot.

Yeah one of the things I noticed was the length of the swing when you pointed it out to me. Really trying to stay shorter.

When referring to the toe pointing at the sky, is that related to wrist bow or hands? If so what are some cues that can help me to have that toe pointed at the sky
I think he mean when you pull the club back to get it the toe of the club pointing straight up when its around parallel to the ground. Thats how i read it anyway

Take your normal grip and then out your thumb up on your right hand. Make your back swing and that thumb should be pointed up to the sky. The thumb will mirror the toe of the club.

Freddie, isn't toe of the club pointed to the sky technically an open club face relative to your spine angle and arc of the swing?

I think he mean when you pull the club back to get it the toe of the club pointing straight up when its around parallel to the ground. Thats how i read it anyway

OK if that's the case then I know what panda means because he's mentioned to me before. It's almost like a slight roll of the forearm as the shaft goes parallel to the ground. Now that makes sense on what I need to do

OK if that's the case then I know what panda means because he's mentioned to me before. It's almost like a slight roll of the forearm as the shaft goes parallel to the ground. Now that makes sense on what I need to do

This is my exact swing thought on the way back.

Freddie, isn't toe of the club pointed to the sky technically an open club face relative to your spine angle and arc of the swing?

2f4dd6c0c01e4c3f41c87f4f3915d9bb.jpg

89a0109246d0ffa0088a2556af90cb03.jpg

33326ba40b15458d367bd2aafc6232ec.jpg

You want the toe of the pointed up at each hip. This is will close at impact as you release the club. At the speed X swings, I closed club face means a pull. Toe up for X means square at impact.

You want the toe of the pointed up at each hip. This is will close at impact as you release the club. At the speed X swings, I closed club face means a pull. Toe up for X means square at impact.

Got it... thanks.

Is this closed? I've been taught this takeaway. Maybe it's a different method?

1f3970734aa0632c582b67631bc8af2a.jpg

i think both are ok, kinda depends what the student's miss is. if x was hitting slices or high weak shots this would help. i also think if his first move away from the ball was to suck the club inside and behind, or roll the face open, this would help. but as a rule i think you see most really good players with the toe pointed more up than the picture you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back