You know your addicted to golf when...

Saw a Girl High School player yesterday during tryouts, golfing with a walking boot on.

you sell your profitable tech company and start a golf company! Like I did...

When your friends, family, kids, boss, employees, coworkers, wife, girlfriend, investors, attorney, doctor........ all know that on Fridays from 7-2 you are 110% unreachable unless the ER or the coroners office are involved in said phone call to you. Even then expect a terse response.

I play on Fridays 7-2.

Hmmm. 7 to 2. I have to assume that's 7AM to 2PM. That's 7 hours. I assume you are getting 36 , or at least 27, in? Or is a leisurely brunch somehow involved?

When you buy 2 new drivers in two days. ;)

Hmmm. 7 to 2. I have to assume that's 7AM to 2PM. That's 7 hours. I assume you are getting 36 , or at least 27, in? Or is a leisurely brunch somehow involved?
It’s at least a 7 hour day when I play. Like tomorrow. It’s an hour drive each way to the course, I get there an hour early to hit a small bucket, practice putting and chipping, and not have to rush anything. 4 more hours to play.

You know you're addicted to golf when...

...you play in the middle of August even though every inch of your body is soaked with sweat by the time you finish getting the clubs out of the cart trunk.

You run your hip bone into the corner of the kitchen island and when you wake up in the morning with it throbbing in pain, the first thing you do is see if it effects your hip turn! And yes, yes it does! Hope it's better by Sunday! 😩

Quick bfast on the way. 10-15 swings on the range, 10-15 chips, 10-15 putts and off we go. Afterwards lunch at the course. And at no point do we rush!

You tee off with 3W instead of driver because the ground is too frozen to tee the ball up.
January in Myrtle Beach one year, literally needed a hammer to get a tee in the ground.

Tried to win a long drive contest with a broken collar bone.
Took the cast off a ruptured Achilles a week early to go on a golf trip
Buy four sets of irons in one year, a year you couldn’t play due to a torn patella tendon

You know your addicted when:

You have heart surgery on a Monday. Tuesday surgeon makes his rounds. Asks if I have any questions. Yes doc...when can I return to normal routine? Doc says take it easy and in moderation. I said does that mean I only play 9 holes Saturday?.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know your addicted to golf when the putter company symbol is now your avatar. :laughing: :laughing:

When you have 2 holes left of an unspectacular round and thunder is booming well into the distance but you just HAVE TO finish this 9 out. I admit it was dumb and I usually don’t tempt the weather gods but I really wanted to finish and the thunder was way away. See:
View attachment 8957386
You do realize that lightning can travel 20-25 miles from it's point of origin right? I'm not afraid of the normal things that many people run from, snakes, spiders etc. But lightning will send me running for the indoors every time.

Another bonus is that when the sun goes down, IT COOLS OFF! Not like here, where our air is sometimes coming at us straight out of the Gulf of Mexico, and it can be 70-75* overnight!

Boo hoo! It's 12:30 a.m. here and it's 90 right now with the overnight low at 5 a.m. of 85.

When you are practicing swing positions while in line at the store.

You do realize that lightning can travel 20-25 miles from it's point of origin right? I'm not afraid of the normal things that many people run from, snakes, spiders etc. But lightning will send me running for the indoors every time.
Yes it was not smart and I do not recommend. I should have packed it up and headed in.

Each spring after the winter layoff from the game hope springs eternal that this will be the year where everything clicks, lol. I still get spring out of bed as excited for an early morning tee time as I did in 1978 as a young teen just starting this wonderful game.

... you are a THP member :)

Latest one ... When under doctor’s orders for no activity until follow up appointment and a little chipping and putting (not really activity, right?) became playing a few and then some holes with a great young guy who is leaving for a pga golf management degree program.

When you turn your parents yard into a full 18 hole plastic ball course and you get misty eyed when the hardware store that sold the solid balls instead of those awful wiffle balls closes up.

Mom “ a young mans heart is supposed to turn to love in the spring, not golf!”

Only time(s):eek: that I was nearly struck were on-course. 100 yards gets your attention. o_O
Both times, however, no warning from clubhouse and it came in quick. We were running with our push carts to get back to the clubhouse both times.
That's a bad feeling.

I've been snowed and sleeted on! Played in some really cold weather with the course ponds all frozen over! At 67, i'm hoping to have gained a bit more sense!

You act as though 35% humidity is a problem. Figured that you are from Cali! Try 95* temps with 85-90% humidity! I visited Napa Valley in August back when I was in the wine bidness. Hot as Hell, but low humidity. 110* was no issue for us. Why? Without the humidity our clothes weren't plastered to us like they would be back home! Our sweat was allowed to evaporate in that dry air!

Another bonus is that when the sun goes down, IT COOLS OFF! Not like here, where our air is sometimes coming at us straight out of the Gulf of Mexico, and it can be 70-75* overnight!

I've been to Arkansas and Oklahoma in the summer before. I have brother in Arkansas and a sister in Oklahoma. I've been there when its mid 80's and thunderstorm or mid 90's and no rain. I will say the mid 80's didn't feel hot at all but I didn't like the constant wet feeling. The airport felt like a mist in the air. Indoors. The mid 90's were hot but no worse than the low 100's we get here in Central California. I preferred the mid 90's over the mid 80's and storms. My face couldn't stop sweating. Our overnight lows this week are in the 70's. That is when its nice because our humidity is only in the 30's.

Its supposed to be 112 in a couple days. We're not in the desert so it isn't a dry heat. I don't care where you are, anything over 105 is hot. I lived in Vegas a couple years. There are stretches where the overnight lows don't dip below 100. Its like you never get a break for a few hours there. There's heat everywhere this time of year. Its just a different heat and what you're used to. If I ever move to Arkansas I probably won't like the rainy days but the others aren't too bad. Doesn't feel any different than what I'm used to. Lower temps with higher humidity feels like higher temps with lower humidity to me.

You wake up, it's storming outside, Thunder, Lightning and pouring down rain yet you drive to the course anyway hoping it's over before your tee time.

Back