Your 2016 Golf Goal

I've got a bunch of goals, and I think they're all attainable with some work on my part.

I want to get my handicap down to the 14-18 range by the end of the season.
I want to either join a league, or at least play a minimum of 9 holes a week.
Stick to current drills, and any additional drills I get from any (if any) upcoming lessons.
Go to the local par 3 course once or twice a week to work on the short game.
There's a couple people who I've GOT TO BEAT this season. They shoot in the high 80's low 90's.

1. Play with some THP'ers!
2. Get more consistent with my long irons.

I would like to play injury free for the first time in a few years. None of the injuries were from golfing, but they all hindered my game.

The same goal as I have every year and its never any different. Try to keep improving, appreciate and enjoy my time on the course.

Shave off 4-6 strokes consistently by mid-summer and then 2 more by end of season.

So I really have been reflecting on my golf goal from the 2015 golf season and that was to lower my handicap to single digits. I put in a lot of work and was able to drop it from a 12 to a 3.9. I mean I put in a lot of work. Anyway I really have been trying to focus on my goal for 2016! So my question is...What is your golf goal for 2016?

My goal for 2016 is to shoot at least one round under par. Last year I shot my first ever even round of par (72) and I want to continue to work hard on my game to hopefully shoot under par! Dare I say in the 60s! Can't wait to hear everyone's 2016 golf goals!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I want to play more rounds with Pringles. Just so I can watch him hit a 2iron. :alien:

After a painful 2015 season where I managed to get my cap down to 9, I want to to just continue to improve. Made huge strides in my putting and chipping last year that really helped my game even when my wrist fell apart. Not going to set any scoring goals because I've found that it causes me to put a lot of unnecessary pressure on myself when playing. Just want to go out and have fun, then let the scores happen.

Shoot a round of par or better. Shave 3 strokes off my HC. Make some eagles!

Lower the handicap to 4 or below, get into a THP event, and not break my foot for the third year in a row.

To walk at least 60% of my rounds this year. I want to practice more this year. Got away from it last year and really felt it hurt my game.

So I really have been reflecting on my golf goal from the 2015 golf season and that was to lower my handicap to single digits. I put in a lot of work and was able to drop it from a 12 to a 3.9. I mean I put in a lot of work. Anyway I really have been trying to focus on my goal for 2016! So my question is...What is your golf goal for 2016?

My goal for 2016 is to shoot at least one round under par. Last year I shot my first ever even round of par (72) and I want to continue to work hard on my game to hopefully shoot under par! Dare I say in the 60s! Can't wait to hear everyone's 2016 golf goals!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My goal is to be on the course with you the first time you shoot 68 this year. :clap:

My personal goal is to regain control of my golf ball on a consistent basis. I need to find a way to better quantify this in an attainable goal.

Your 2016 Golf Goal

I hardly played in 2015 due to my daughter being born, so my goal is to play a lot more golf in 2016 (3 months in and I've already achieved my goal :). )

shoot a score better then my PB of 75. Overall shoot more consistently in the 70's

To shoot consistently in the 80's. Only 3 out of 20 rounds in 2015 were in the 80's (87, 87, and 84) so I want to improve that dramatically.

Keep practicing more, and hopefully PLAY more this season.

I want to again qualify for the National Championship in October. That's first and foremost on my list.

If I could win a major that would pay my way in, that would be even better.

I want to improve my handicap by at least 2-3 strokes. Currently at 17.4... I'd like to be in the mid 14 range come the end of the season.

If I can reduce the penalty strokes in my rounds by half, I'd very likely reach all the goals listed above.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

To break my personal best score which is 96 would like to break 90 with a lot of short game practice I think I'll get there I'm currently a handicap 26 playing on a course with par of 70 so could be tricky..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistently shooting in the 80's. Staying out of the 90's this year would be so nice, stated off with a 99 then down to a 93, so slowly getting there

Get back down in the 7's with my cap, it has gone the wrong direction lately but I'm confident that it will be back based on my ball striking, short game has struggled mightily but I can fix that soon.

My goal is to be as close to scratch as possible. Im a 6.4, and I think I have the game for it, just need more time to play haha

My goal is very similar to the OP, I want to shoot under par. Battled a few injuries and didn't play as much as I'd have liked to last year. This year I want to practice more and get my cap back down and try and shoot in the 60's.

My goal for 2016 is to ale dramatic swing change and get more upright

My goal is to break 8 and be able to stay there. I feel it is a very achievable goal if I improve my putting and short game.

My 2016 goal is to get to a 5. Unfortunately I'm a person who if I do not practice regularly, I tend to lose my swing thoughts. So I am going to have to play a lot, practice a lot, but I think I can do it. My approach shots need some work, as does certain chips/pitches. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I'd like to have no scores above 79 in 2016, no matter yardage or rating. Basically I want a TRAVELING 3 or below index. One of the goals for this year was to shoot par or better and I accomplished that once already so I'd like to do it again a few times this year. Also want to shoot par or better from the tips at my course 7300 yds, 75.2/148

My goal for this year is consistency. I want to score with an 7 stroke spread, 75 to 82. I want to swing consistently tempo wise. I want to watch the ball get hit by the golf club, then move my head. I've been playing golf a long time and I want to end my golf playing days with a consistently smooth swing.

Back