Your 2019 Season in Review So Far

So far, I’d say my game is much better than expected. I knew it would take awhile for my game to recover after two surgeries in six months, but I didn’t expect it to come back this good so quickly! I’ve definitely lost some distance, but my short game is keeping scores more than respectable.

Quite happy with my season to this point. I’ve bought and sold more equipment than I care to admit, but it has helped me really understand what works for me and what doesn’t. The Ping 410 hybrid has been incredible for me to perfectly fit the 230 yd gap in my bag. Going back to my old TaylorMade RBZ tour issue 5 wood has been fantastical for my tee and fairway game. I’m still flirting with drivers, but hopeful the M6 will be ruler there. Apex Pros have been nice to me and I’m liking them. Wedge setup with my MGs has just been all around solid. Putting has been a little suspect lately, so I’ve been flirting with my old Ping Redwood Anser, Scotty Phantom X and Ping tyne. During yesterdays round, I used the old redwood and really do like it, but there were an obscene number of birdie putts that didn’t find the bottom (notably, one from 3 feet and one from about 4).
Scoring wise, I’ve shot a few rounds under par for 18 and a half dozen or more for 9. Swing feels pretty good, although I’m working on some swing faults (closed face and alignment out to the right).
Season has been pretty good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am playing the best golf I have ever played in my life this year. Who knew that getting out playing and practicing would be so good for one’s golf game?

I’ve shot personal bests at 4 separate golf courses. I reached one of my goals for 2019 after the first month, and am on pace to reach a goal I wasn’t truly going to go after until next year. I also reached another one of my goals for 2019 in early May. I’m surpassing a goal that I won’t know if I reached it until the end of the year, but still feels awesome to be above what I wanted.

And I have managed to make some fantastic memories and meet some awesome people, through THP and out on local courses. And while golf is still hard, it is also fun

Just trying to get back into the swing of it after not hitting a ball for three years and maybe playing once a year for the four years before that. Frustrating to a degree so far, I want to get back to my old form (5 handicap) but I’m a long way off (it’s only been a few weeks). I’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This year has been a weird mix of golf. We’ve had so much rain here in Illinois that my league has been cancelled almost as much as we’ve played. It’s been hard to get into a groove and then I added a whole bag of new equipment on top of it. I’m loving the gear and just hoping I get get out to play more consistently here in July & August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trying to get back into the swing of it after not hitting a ball for three years and maybe playing once a year for the four years before that. Frustrating to a degree so far, I want to get back to my old form (5 handicap) but I’m a long way off (it’s only been a few weeks). I’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Stick to it man. It's a tough game. But, eventually, if you've been there before, you should find it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Between coaching and really crappy weather, I’ve got less than a dozen rounds in, half of them were on a closed course. Best posted score of 82 worst 96. Had a few decent nines when the course was still closed but in general I just haven’t played enough to even tell where my game is at.

That changes this week. Coaching season is done and I’m in The THP Bridgestone Championship next weekend. I plan to play pretty much all day every day this week. I’ll either sink (likely) or swim based on what I can get done this week.

Usually first part of July starts my real golf season since I won’t be coaching baseball every night the weather is decent.

The year so far has been pretty good, with a few bumps in the road. My handicap is trending lower than it ever has and there is still plenty of room for improvement. I’d still like a bit more time for golf but that’s how the cookie crumbles.

The Morgan cup was a great win to start the year, the Cobra F9 clubs continue to shine, and I’ve tested some pretty good new clubs.

Wet spring but the last few weeks have been hot and dry and my home course is in great shape.

My new driver and 5 wood were from two club fitting sessions and I’m kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I need to have my irons lengthened and bent upright a bit, and get midsize grips on them. My hybrids I am probably replacing with the new versions, also with specs that my fitter recommended.

I got my first ace last week and defended my club championship this weekend. I’ve been playing very well in my leagues and am getting asked to sub and to play in tournaments a lot which is a great feeling.

All in all 2019 has been a great golf year for me so far and I’m hoping the trend continues!

My game has been schizophrenic. Really solid on some days and off of the rails the next. Just getting too many negative thoughts working. Trying to lower my expectations and have fun.

This year has been amazing thus far from a playing golf standpoint. Though i did start the season off later than normal I think my goals of what I really wanted to do this year will be met by the end of the season. Though there has been some wildly inconsistent rounds but I guess that’s golf.

Hopefully the 2nd half of the year continues to be as amazing as the 1st half.

Back