Your Biggest Front to Back Score Swing?

40 on the front - 5 pars, 4 bogeys, 13 putts.

50 on the back - 1 par, 5 bogeys, a double, a triple and a quad. 16 putts.

49-36 It was ridiculous and to think my partners thought I was just hung over!!!

If memory serves me correct it was 39 from with a 54 back, not a fun back nine!

38 on front, 49 on back for me. Played the first 12 holes 5 over par, and the last 6 holes 12 over par.

Shot a -1 35 on the front and a 49 on the back.. Geneva National... I cried a little..

Sorry so long...Iowa has 4 Major Amateur Championships, the last of which was my favorite, The Tournament of Champions each Aug. Must be a club champion or near top of Iowa points list for invite. During the 1960's and and 70's it was played on a good 9-hole course as opposed to some better 18's for political reasons I presume. Anyway, I was 18 the first time I won our club championship and was excited to play in it. They set the course up very hard and fast which was easy in Iowa in Aug. With no practice round I was caught be surprise just how fast. First 9 in blistering 48 (simply could not handle the speed and firmness of the greens)...then 2nd 9 on the exact same holes mind you in 33. Shot 67 the next day and 69 or 70 the last. Learned at least 2 big lessons; value practice rounds and that I was a competitor.

Last edited:
63 on the front. Slow play, hot day and not enough to drink. I would have quit at that point, but the course is a full 18 hole loop, the halfway house is the farthest point from the clubhouse. At the halfway house, got drinks (in the bag, too) and a snack and the group in front asked if we are annoyed about their slow play. I replied "not yet" and they got the hint. all good, shot 39 on the back.

61 > 41 and the 41 was with an 8 on the 18th hole.

I can think of several times I had a 10 stroke swing... Not even sure how that is possible. Some times it seems crazy to have a 10 stroke swing in two 18 hole rounds let alone in the same 18 holes!

I'm sure there are some that I've had that are bigger swings. BUT, the one that sticks in my mind was during the League Championship Tournament my Senior year in H.S. this is the one that stings the most. On our home course, I made the turn with a +1, 37. Then on the back nine I ended up making an Eagle on the Par 5 17th and a par on the 18th to card a +12, 48 on the back for an 85! I didn't medal of course, and we ended up taking 3rd at a team, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd going with a best 4 scores on a 5 man team, totals of 301, 302, 303.

Can't count how many times I've gone 35-45 in my life - Argh!

54 front (18 over) followed by a 36 (even par)

Crazy day.

46/34 all pars in the back with 1 chip in birdie.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

32-47 Hit 3 OB on number 11

I can think of several times I had a 10 stroke swing... Not even sure how that is possible. Some times it seems crazy to have a 10 stroke swing in two 18 hole rounds let alone in the same 18 holes!

Update: went 48 -35 today 13 strokes. The one under 35 was my first sub par 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: went 48 -35 today 13 strokes. The one under 35 was my first sub par 9.

That's a good turnaround, anyway.

My biggest swing is 12 strokes, I think.

I had a round this summer that was 47/36. It was one of the most frustrating rounds of my life.

32/55 par 72 course. I just kept getting worse and worse. Actually started on hole 9 with a double and continued on the back.

The one that jumps out the most to me, is the first time I shot 38 on the front...and then followed that up with a 49. Yuck.

And then there was an office outing where I ended up riding with the most annoying doofus in our office. Lipped a putt on the front for a 40 (still should've been 39), he made a bunch of idiotic comments, I started drinking, and shot 57 on the back. YES!

So 17 strokes...final answer.

Twice this week I shot my handicap on the front nine 42 & 43 and followed both of those with a back nine 37.

Without warming up, 56 front and 40 back. All three birdies happened in the back 9.

my guess would be about 12 or so. my real blow up was with putter one round, 9 putts on front, 18 putts on back nine in the same round!

I shot seven under on the front nine of Oliva's Park which was 29, inquired about the course record, then proceeded to shoot a 49 on the back nine.

Back