If 20% is the average for hitting this green, I estimate I would hit this green

• Greater than 20% of the time

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • About 20% of the time

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Less than 20% of the time

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
More than 20% of the time. I’m 2/2 as it stands, but I know mathematically I’m gonna mess up.

336A3C5D-EE59-4E44-9316-2BB5C627B1B6.png

From the championship tee.

I would say 3 tries and I am on. The wind is certainly a factor though. 33%

Smartarse

No, because it confirms 0% for me.

i watched it again the other night. "if you like golf you'll hate this shot." haha i love it

20% seems pretty low. I’m sure I could be between 30-40 so I’ll take the over

Probably less than 20 percent.

Huge green with a short iron - I'd hope I'd fare well if the middle of the green was my target. Walking up to the tee with a 1-stroke lead in the Players though, I'd rate my chances at 0.1%! hahaha

From what distance? On Thursday the hole played at 125 yards. I think I could get 2 of 5 (40%) on the green from there. But on Friday, it played at 145 yards. 1 out of 10? That green is not very big.

If it was on the front 9, 60%. But it's the 17th hole and my back is sore and i'm hot and tired from the rest of the course. 20% if I'm lucky.

I am pretty sure I could hit the green. Though I am not sure if the ball would stay on it, lol.

1 try? Possibly
I would like to think I could hit it 20% of the time.

The scorecards says whites are 115 and the forward tees are 92.
I'd say 50/50 from either of those two distances as I am used to playing an executive course with tiny greens.
No chance at 145 yards. Even if it lands on the green it won't hold.

Hitting the green? Pretty high chance (depending on wind of course). Getting close to the pin? Pretty darn low.

Did you guys see the segment today where they put a tracer out on the course on a random day when amateurs were playing and tabulated results? It wasn’t pretty.

Going by my stats for the 2 clubs I’d play, I’d put my chances somewhere between 30-41%. That’s my approach for stats for all holes. I’d assume I have a better chance off the tee but with water and slopes I wouldn’t count on it on that tee box.

Did you guys see the segment today where they put a tracer out on the course on a random day when amateurs were playing and tabulated results? It wasn’t pretty.
Yes. That is the same day, and the same data as the article I reference in the opening post on this thread.

Less than 20% no matter what tee. I think that any ball I play is endowed with the magical power of a water dowser.

Back