Your Current Club Battle

I need to work on my swing more than my clubs right now, but I'm considering changing wedges from Cleveland to Callaway MD or Vokey.

My current battle is between Cobra F6 irons and Ping G irons. I have both and am unsure. When I put a good swing on them, I hit the Cobras higher and maybe a touch longer, while the Ping's are unbelievably accurate with the same swing. I think the decision will come down to my mishits. Right now, the Pings appear to be generate better results on mishits.

Cobra F6 3/4W set to 16*, -1" versus the W/S FYBrid 19.5*
This battle is a tough one. On the course this past weekend, and I hit some great shots with the Cobra. At the Heritage Golf Club in Wake Forest, I pulled this out for a tee shot on the 298 yard par 4 #16. Left me with 81 yards to the pin. That means this club is about 10-15 yards longer than the FYBrid, which means the battle probably isn't between these two clubs, but whatever club I need to pull out to allow me to properly gap the top of my bag. Thing is ... do I pull a wedge and if so, which one? I think my only other option is to pull the 6i, but it's my 160-170 yard par 3 club. Last resort (and the most expensive) is to increase the gaping with the wedges and go 54 and 58 as opposed to the 52/56/60.

This battle is a tough one. On the course this past weekend, and I hit some great shots with the Cobra. At the Heritage Golf Club in Wake Forest, I pulled this out for a tee shot on the 298 yard par 4 #16. Left me with 81 yards to the pin. That means this club is about 10-15 yards longer than the FYBrid, which means the battle probably isn't between these two clubs, but whatever club I need to pull out to allow me to properly gap the top of my bag. Thing is ... do I pull a wedge and if so, which one? I think my only other option is to pull the 6i, but it's my 160-170 yard par 3 club. Last resort (and the most expensive) is to increase the gaping with the wedges and go 54 and 58 as opposed to the 52/56/60.

You can go set GW/54/58. Or even 54/60 or 56/60 if these two are relegated to specific tasks/shots (i.e. 56 out of bunkers, 60 when short-sided) Trust me. Assuming you typically use your 52 as your club around the green, I assure you that the C200 GW is more than capable for that particular task. Actually better, IMHO. If there is one slot in the bag where I would say the C200 is clearly superior to the XR Pros I have now, it's that one.

Wait until next week, but definitely give it a go.

Had my first round out with the XR 3 deep in the 3w slot in place of the Fly-Z. Only used it off the tee but the results looked promising. If I can manage to hit the 3 deep off the deck decently the Fly-Z is likely out. Even if I can't the Cobra will be hard-pressed to keep the slot.

I am not a very good chipper and have bought the club. Need to get rid of something so thinking of getting a 58* wedge and getting rid of the 60* and 56*

You can go set GW/54/58. Or even 54/60 or 56/60 if these two are relegated to specific tasks/shots (i.e. 56 out of bunkers, 60 when short-sided) Trust me. Assuming you typically use your 52 as your club around the green, I assure you that the C200 GW is more than capable for that particular task. Actually better, IMHO. If there is one slot in the bag where I would say the C200 is clearly superior to the XR Pros I have now, it's that one.

Wait until next week, but definitely give it a go.
Yeah, if I want more options at the top of the bag, it probably makes more sense to have the 52 on notice and roll with the 56 and 60. I tend to use the 52 inside 60 yards for those pitch shots, and chip shots that require a lot of roll to a pin on the other side of the green. I imagine the GW would work pretty well in that slot if I practiced it enough. The only other place I use it is in bunkers that require me to go an appreciable distance either to get out of the green, or with the pin a good distance away.

Right now it's become the battle of the cures for me, between the RX3f and the CX1!

Yeah, if I want more options at the top of the bag, it probably makes more sense to have the 52 on notice and roll with the 56 and 60. I tend to use the 52 inside 60 yards for those pitch shots, and chip shots that require a lot of roll to a pin on the other side of the green. I imagine the GW would work pretty well in that slot if I practiced it enough. The only other place I use it is in bunkers that require me to go an appreciable distance either to get out of the green, or with the pin a good distance away.

I'm willing to bet you could take that GW out and reliably hit most of the shots you hit with your 52 inside 20 minutes.

As far as longer bunker shots, have a look at that nice wide sole - shots like that are gravy. I've even used it out of greenside bunkers when I was too lazy to go back for my 55*

I'm in driver dilemna hell. I have had great rounds hitting my 3wood off the tee the whole time, and I've had good rounds with hitting my driver alot. I do rely on the driver too much though, and when a hook or slice appears mid round, I don't put it in the bag like I should. I recently bought a 14 degree mini driver. I've been gaming that so hard the past couple rounds, that I feel like I've gotten my swing into a real groove. So I traded my old 9 degree driver, and 3wood in for a 12 degree driver, and a 3woodHL. My coach said a 12 degree driver with my swing should fit much better, but I wanted a bigger faced 3wood to hit off the tee too.

So for now I'm going to try and game

12 degree driver r15
3woodHL r15
5wood adams tight lies 2
4hy adams tight lies 2
6-pw jpx 850
50-56-60 degree s5 mizunos
putter

And see how it goes.

Cally V Series 3W vs Cally 816 Alpha 3W

Hogan TK15s vs Cleveland RTX 2.0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only battle is a small one. It's between my Mizuno MX-200 7-iron and Mizzy MP-52 7 iron.

I play the MX for the longer irons and MP for shorter. 7-iron is the usual tipping point but I'd been struggling with my irons until recently.

So, let the games begin.

My fairway woods dont work ..... maybe the shaft, maybe the indian, maybe both.

3 Wood Battle! (just waiting on shipping)

Nike Vapor Speed
vs
Adams Tight Lies Titanium

Two completely different clubs, my TLT 5w is just stupid fun to hit, I'm hoping the Adams knocks the Nike onto the classifieds

I'm really struggling to find something I like for the hybrid spot in my bag. Hopefully a few more launch monitor sessions and I can iron it out.

just got a heavenwood from CPO today but now the dilemma is figuring out which club to take out of the bag. The most similar club would be my 17 degree hybrid, but I am hesitant because I hit that one well too...

Back