Your Favorite of 2023 - Golf Balls

Wilson Triad. Seems custom made to my game.

Chromesoft gets the win because my best round was shot with it

Rediscovered a small stash of Pinnacle Exceptions that I forgot I had. Love this ball. It’s long, great feel with all clubs, holds greens just perfectly. Definitely my MVP ball of 2023.
FYI- it’s a rebadged Titleist NXT (exact same ball)

Kirkland V3

Prov1 X.

Same as last year: Maxfli Tour X

For the price, just not a better ball out there. 4 dozen for $110 when DSG runs a sale (about 4 times a year). I do really like the Chromesoft X, but not for the price difference.

Pro V1

Callaway CSX

CSX LS 360 Triple Track. The alignment may finally fix my tendency to aim the putter face to the right. After the first 10 rounds the results are promising.

Srixon Z Star XV

Titleist Tour Speed with Q-Stars on deck.

Outside of a couple of rounds with the Maxfli Tour and Tour X, I played the Tour B XS and CSX-LS.

Chrome soft was my ball all year. I will be looking at all of the new balls coming out and excited to see the new Callaway lineup.

Was a big fan of the Vice Pro Plus Drip this year. Golf balls are stupid expensive here and these have been without question the best value for money that I've been able to find.

Vice Pro Plus Shade.
Looks incredible. Great performance. Best feeling 4 piece ball. Good price.

Having said that, I'm switching back to Maxfli Tour (yellow), because it's a little cheaper, and I prefer my balls a little softer.
(I had moved to Vice because Maxfli didn't have any yellow balls last year, and they had raised their prices.)

Srixxon Q-Star Tour.
Played this ball for the better part of 2 years now. It's a great value for a 3 piece ball when the discounts are on.
It gives me everything I want out of a ball.

Honorable mention goes to the Chrome Soft, It's an amazing ball that checks all the boxes.

Srixon Z-Star XV Divide. They are found at a great price and somehow they seem to fly straighter off the tee than my other ball (Pro V1) without giving up much in any other area.

Chrome soft X has been the main ball for the last couple of years, either Triple Track or the 360 Triple Track

Played a few rounds with a Bridgestone Tour B RSX over the cooler months but always go back to the Callaway ball

Srixon soft feel hands down the best for me.

I always liked the Bridgestone e6 ball. Have used it for a long time. They seemed to help my slow swing yardages off the tee.

A while back I wanted to buy some cheap, "soft" practice balls. I found Pinnacle Soft balls for $19 for a box of 15. I was pleasantly surprised how well they played.

I ran a comparison between the two balls for about 3 weeks. Both play, and practice. Distance, durability, accuracy, and short game. They basically played the same, except the Pinnacle ball was a little longer (carry) off the tee. Maybe <3 yards average.

So, here was my thought. 15 Pinnacle Soft balls for $19, or 12 Bridgestone balls for $24.

I think I will be going with the Pinnacle Soft ball for 2024.

Z Star XV. Although I like feel of Z off Putters face more.

CSX in a landslide. It wasn’t close.

Back