Your Favorite of 2023 - Irons

This one is hard for me.

Edel SMS Pro, PXG 0317 CB, Titleist T100, and Callaway Apex Pro as well as CB’s all crossed my path of ownership this year.

They’re all ******* excellent irons.

My favorite though? Oof. It’s a tie with T100 and Apex CB.

Ping g430 for ease of use
Srixon ZX5 mkii for blend of looks, playability etc

For me, the Titleist T150s provide the best overall combination of performance, looks, feel and fun. I would add that the Cobra King Tours feel better and are more fun, but I just can’t get quite the same performance out of them, which allows the Titleist to edge them out ever so slightly on my personal list of “favorite.”

This one is hard for me.

Edel SMS Pro, PXG 0317 CB, Titleist T100, and Callaway Apex Pro as well as CB’s all crossed my path of ownership this year.

They’re all ******* excellent irons.

My favorite though? Oof. It’s a tie with T100 and Apex CB.
I can’t remember now, but did you ever spend some time with the Cobra King Tours or CBs?

I can’t remember now, but did you ever spend some time with the Cobra King Tours or CBs?
I bought the CB’s at one point, yeah.

Cobra King Tour. And that’s coming from Zx7 MKII as well as a new T150/200 combo. Cobras are just so good.

Tour Edge E723's

For the year I’d probably have to say Srixon ZX5mkII. but I’ll probably be going back to my t300s.
Yeah 2023 I would say the Srixons. But for 2024 I am going to be having a big shootout with my new Srixon ZX5mkII with Recoil 95 vs my T300s with new Dart V TSPX.

Apex Pro CBs for me.

Mizuno JPX923 HMP

Mizuno JPX-923 HM Pros.

Played them for well over 100 rounds throughout '23 until today. Never tempted by another set. It's been quite a while since I last said that about another set.

Cobra CB. Not close. Not even remotely close.

Back