Your favourite golf analyst/announcer?

For guys that aren't exactly the A teams, I like Curt Byrom & Billy Ray Brown. They just remind of the mellow attitude I like to have when I'm playing golf.

Feherty. Used to be Johnny Miller. They are/were not afraid to call out a choke.
I don’t know their names, but all of the European tour people are a joy to listen to.

Edit: by far my favorite on CBS is Colt Knost

Last edited:
Faldo is my favorite. I just like his English style.

Count me in the Feherty camp.

It's Faldo's nose breathing whine we hear every time when he's on broadcast, correct?

Put me down for SVP. Listened to his show back in the day and loved it, and so that along with his style just makes me appreciate it when he's on the broadcast.

Ferehty and Bones are my favorite on course.

Nance in the booth

Not sure I have a favorite, but I can safely say Faldo is ******* terrible. Between the filling of the time ranting about graphite shafts to mumbling to a point of no return, its just gawd awful. Loved watching Phil pretty much put him in his place during his time in the booth last year. Ironically enough, I like Faldo quite a bit personally. Good guy to be around and a quick wit.

He was asked about one of the young guns(I think it was Morikawa) on tour a few years ago and had nothing insightful to say about them. Must not do any research.

I would like to see Brandel get a shot in the booth if he wanted it. He is one knowledgeable guy.

Reactions: JB
I really enjoy Bones. I also enjoy Terry Gannon but that’s because I remember him as a college basketball player for NC State in the early 80s.

Faldo. Hands down. He has his opinions yes. But 6 majors, 41 wins, ranked No 1 for 97 weeks total gives him the cred to put some weight behind those opinions. Plus years ago at The Players he was walking by the driving range and I called his name out as he walked by. He took the time to stop and sign a couple autographs for me, shook my hand and we even spoke for a good 10 mins. I’m sure he was very busy but never acted that way. That cemented him as my favorite for sure.

Count me in the Feherty camp.

It's Faldo's nose breathing whine we hear every time when he's on broadcast, correct?
Correct, that 6 time major winner fella 👍.

Not sure I have a favorite, but I can safely say Faldo is ******* terrible. Between the filling of the time ranting about graphite shafts to mumbling to a point of no return, its just gawd awful. Loved watching Phil pretty much put him in his place during his time in the booth last year. Ironically enough, I like Faldo quite a bit personally. Good guy to be around and a quick wit.

Always appreciate your insight sir!

Like Pepper, Faldo and Feherty. Azinger is the worst. I think Morgan Pressel is off to a great start and only see her getting better.

Paige Mac

Mark James.

in the US, Bones and Knost.

I don't know what to say - no favorite, because they all have something that hits me in the wrong way. But I haven't heard SVP.

I listen but not for more than a few minutes - Nantz is too melodramatic, but nice guy, good voice. Faldo - I will listen without paying much attention. Chamblis - I will stop listening after two minutes. He and Justin Leonard are an odd pairing that seems to work. Robotic Justin versus the Mouth.

Duval - not bad, pleasant and unassuming. Dottie - I would not piss her off - she was very combative during her career - will listen to her because if I don't, I fear her hand will come through the tv and grab my neck. Morgan Pressel - pleasant, has potential.

Since I speak southern I like Charley Rymer on Morning Drive. Thought anyone that replaced Miller would be an improvement. Also like Feherty, seems to know what he's talking about.

I really like SVP and Sean McDonough when ESPN gets coverage (which is too often). Would like to see them move to CBS. Hate Andy North and Curtis Strange.

NBC: I like Dan Hicks and Zinger. Love Feherty and Maltbie. Bones is excellent. I miss Miller, who was the GOAT. But it was time for him to get out. Never been a fan of Gary Koch.

CBS: Their whole crew is slipping. Nantz is still listenable, I guess. Faldo is the worst. Verne should stay home from the majors. They let him hang on too long. Baker-Finch, Nobilo and the Immelmans are just ok. Knost is the only one I really enjoy.

Terry Gannon
Bones McKay
Jim Nantz

My favourites are Miller and Feherty and I don't care much for Jim Nance.

Back