Your first set of (purchased) Irons?

Those Redline irons were soooo good back when they came out.
They served me quite well until I got fit for the Apex CF16’s and I actually kept using the hybrids for a little while after switching out the irons. I think I donated the set to my wife’s aunt’s high school team (she’s a golf coach)

They served me quite well until I got fit for the Apex CF16’s and I actually kept using the hybrids for a little while after switching out the irons. I think I donated the set to my wife’s aunt’s high school team (she’s a golf coach)
I remember the Adams Redline thread was always busy.

St. Andrews the house brand from Las Vegas Golf and Tennis. I bought them in the mid 80s. I still have them.

TaylorMade Supersteel. Ahead of their time, with scoring lines all the way across the face decades before wedge design caught onto the fad!

A circa 1991 Wilson box set from Kmart.

My second set was Ping G410s.

First set I bought were TM Burner LCGs, 4-PW. Good memories with those clubs.

Still have the 4i in my basement as I used it with multiple other sets afterwards. A good buddy who isn’t much of a golfer has the 5-PW for when he plays twice a year in outings.

New. Off the shelf

“What was the first set of irons that you purchased?“

There is really only one answer to the original question. First set purchased is first set purchased, and it could be new or used, as we saw in some of the responses, prior to the change in parameter. ;)

Not positive but I think the first set I purchased with my own cash was a used set of Arnold Palmer Tru Matic‘s, late 60’s era blades. Yikes

New was either Ping or Titliest.

First set was a knock off brand of King Cobra , think the brand was Ultima or something. My first real set was a set of Titleist 990's

Power Bilt Citations

The first set I purchased on my own was from GigaGolf. Don’t remember the model but they were essentially Callaway X18 clones. I played with them for about 10 years before purchasing a set of Cobra Speedzone’s.

Used set I bought in 86 was to replace Hand me Down Top Flight Blades. Wilson Cavity Backs which lasted all og 6 months when I came apon a Mint set of Ping Zings including Blondie 5W-Driver. Played those thru Twins Birth in 99, then again during Covid when I got back into Game. I still have them cuz I can feel them staring at me as I take my Srixons for a Round.

iu

2007 Cobra FP with probably too stiff a steel shaft.

Nike CPR 2 set with hybrids. Those things were rocket launchers. The hybrids were money.

I think one of my brothers still has the hybrids in play.

1697717164854.png

That I bought with my own money? Ping iSi Nickel irons. Bought them used in 2001-2002. Played with them for a long time.

IMG_1227.jpeg

I did but by this time I was in Rochester. I picked these up at the Nevada Bobs there.
That's funny. My first job in high school was at Rainbow Foods in Maple Grove.
All of the Rainbows have been closed now.

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

Tommy Armour 845's & I still have them ;)

1697717675556.png

First set of irons I bought with my own money were Callaway X-20s

A used set of Callaway X-20 irons was the first set I bought. First set I ever played was Ping Eye 2, but those were handed down to me

That's funny. My first job in high school was at Rainbow Foods in Maple Grove.
All of the Rainbows have been closed now.

Pouring Austin Powers GIF
I know this is off topic for the thread, but I still can’t believe I used to have to wear a tie to bag groceries.

I know this is off topic for the thread, but I still can’t believe I used to have to wear a tie to bag groceries.
We obviously worked at different stores :ROFLMAO:

A set of Walter Hagen internationals, 1966.

Back