Your Golf Game Today Vs 5 Years Ago

I feel my game has improved, no matter what the scorecard says.

My putting is a better now than 5 years ago or even 1 year ago. My ball striking has changed very little in the last 30 years and my hope is to hold off Father Time and keep it that way for as long as possible.

5 years ago I was still at the point where I was only playing once or twice a year so it is easy to say I am better at every part of the game than I was then.

I didn’t play at all 2012. I stopped playing since 2003 well may be 3-4 rounds a year at family gathering. Picked up the game at the beginning of 2014. When I stopped I was a 4 handicap. Now I’m close to 1, 30 yard shorter on my drives and 20 on irons. Much much better “player” instead of “worker” on the course. Now I play golf not working on things.

5 years ago I was barely playing and was still using some old Ping irons

Compared to then, my game has improved a lot despite not playing as much as I would like, but lessons have made my swing much more consistent and playable to the point that my coach has said that a single figure handicap is easily within my capability and potentially could be a low single figure if I keep improving like I have been

Hopefully next season will be the start of a good journey into new territory for my golf game

Back