Your Highest Level of Competitive Golf (So Far)

What levels of competitive golf you have played?

• Total voters
The Morgan ******* Cup.

Grandaddy if I’d venture a guess. Monday night beer league isn’t exactly a knock down drag out matches each week.

Other than some minor betting in my 20's I never played any true competitions until i was in my 50's
Started in leagues about 10 years ago, but the sandbagging has soured me a bit on those.
Played in a few Member/Guest with my dad. Placed second one year and 3rd another.

I played in PGA section events when I first got into the golf business, tried some US Open Qualifiers but never made it.

I started playing competitive golf after I was out of college. I have played club events, qualified and played in state level events and I have tried to qualify (without success) for USGA events. My best USGA result was being an alternate for the US Am and Mid Am but I never got in.

I played in High School and then one year at my branch campus in College, but it was nothing.

It was the MC for me, and not even close. I've never really played any competitive golf other than a couple of monthly medals at my course so the change in pressure and mindset was a huge learning curve.

Golf league,
The 2018 Morgan Cup and the 2023 Myrtle Beach World Amateur.

The Morgan cup was my first taste and I really liked it.
League is fun
The MBWA was a blast and its a different game when there are NO Gimmies. I will be returning in 23 to improve.

I like Competition it makes it more fun usually.

I played in college, made the All Marine team and had a short stint on the mini tours. This was about 120 years ago.

Morgan Cup
League
High School

THP experiences ! The Morgan Cup was great and crazy. Some really great players there

Local leagues and THP Experiences.

Our state's senior amateur is for folks 55+ with an index no higher than an 8. I would like to get it down to an 8 and at least play in the qualifier. It's towards the end of the season, so I have some time. I am 67.

I play a local amateur tour. Not quite to the level of USGA events so I voted it as a league.

My goal is to play in a USGA senior amateur qualifier in 2.5 years. But so far just club championships and club Ryder Cups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High school

I didn’t take up the game with any regularity until kids were essentially off to college so played in a few club championships, match play, intersectional (team Club vs. Club) and few minor league provincial events.

Since COVID basically have stepped back as find time commitment has gotten longer and have had a lot on my plate so haven’t got back into it. I just found that rounds we’re getting longer and longer and my patience had run thin.

Main competition now is 2 man match play that we play probably 80-90% of the time. Lot of fun and variety in various games and partners change every round.

I spent decades mixing it up with the hustlers at Detroit munis, especially Chandler Park. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Back