Your Highest Level of Competitive Golf (So Far)

What levels of competitive golf you have played?

• Total voters

bkuehn1952

Making Bogies Since 1960
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.4 Index
I have played in City and County championships. Played, not won.

About 20 years ago I had a goal to play in a qualifying round for the USGA Senior Amateur. I was 50 and age eligibility for the Senior Amateur was, and still is, 55. At the time, one had to be about a 5.0* or 6.0* index to play in a local qualifying event. My index was approaching the magic number. Eventually, however, I realized that at a 5.0 index, I would be one of the worst entrants. Potentially I would be the guy who shoots 112 and get a letter from the USGA telling me not to bother trying to qualify in the future.

How about the rest of you?

Note: current index eligibility is 2.4

THP Experiences for me 😆

Playing against a group of other THPers at the Victory Cup last year.

I wish my high school was funded enough to have a golf team. I was actually somewhat decent back then lol.

I know this sounds completely outlandish and I have plenty of small goals leading up to it but my ultimate goal is to qualify for a SR Open when I’m 50 (7 years).

THP Events - and I am very happy with that :cool:

I’ve been playing in some state open qualifiers and matchplay tournaments. Mostly college golfers who compete so not really going in to win. Just looking to play competitive golf on courses that I know. Have wanted to put my game to the test against pressure.

Unfortunately that’s been a resounding fail for me. I was on track to post an 89 from 7000 yards in the state match play qualifier. However blew up on the last hole (12) and shot a 99. Also had a (9) on hole 10.

Unfortunately for me, recovering after a bad tee shot is hard. I was suffering from massive heat exhaustion during that round and having to carry 200 yards of water on 18 killed me.

I’ll probably play less competitive this year but it all depends on what is available. I would love to play some flighted tournaments where I feel like I have a chance

Men's league - won with son
Club Championship- won in 2013 and 2014
Lackland AFB - Team championship 1995

I do the leagu/club tournaments yearly. Local stuff not so much…..the ones I’ve done I feel many of the folks are way too serious for the game the have, I mean seriously we can talk and have a little banter going, it’s just not as enjoyable as it could be imho

State/Regional , though in Canada i'd call that "provincial"

Did not play in college as played other sports. Took up at 23

Played in our club championship for the first time this season. That was a big learning experience for me.

THP experience for me as well. Want to do something competitive locally some day.

Edit: Just looked a couple up and my first event would be in the Senior division🤪

Last edited:
Played in a mini tour event in 1980. Just had to see how good I was. Stunk it up pretty good but was hitting driver past the other two in my group.

Went back to the paint business in Memphis.

I won some events on Tiger Woods golf so practically a Tour Pro.

Played in leagues and "Open" flighted tournaments around the country. Nothing too competitive as have never played a gross only tournament.

I just play in a winter sim league but my long term goal is to compete in the US Open qualifiers

The Quest Cup is pretty much the only competitive golf I've played unless you count charity scrambles.

Was an alternate on my high school team other than that. Nothing.

THE Morgan Cup

That surpassed my lone season on a very small high school JV team as a senior.

Winning the Morgan Cup a few times :cool:

Nothing for me.

Are there any current or former PGAT THPers?

I have played in Junior, high school, college, club events, a state amateur, state opens(as a club pro) and a NCAA D2 National tournament.

None of the above...

Some tournaments, a THP event included.

All of the above except for the pro stuff.

A few AZ THP league events, a couple local leagues, and the annual guys' trip/tournament I've played with a bunch of friends/coworkers for 22 consecutive years. I won't count the tons of charity scrambles, as I don't really consider those "competitive golf".

Just Spark Golf leagues and the Budget Golf Championship, and i'm not sure the Spark Golf league should count as competitive.

Nothing for me.

Are there any current or former PGAT THPers?

Unlikely they would say but it's very likely. I've spoken to PGA players and LPGA players in my years on golf forums. A forum the size of THP i'd say would almost certainly have.

Back