Your Last Topped Tee Shot?

I want to say Ballyhack 🤔

I had some bad ones there but I don't remember a full on topped.drive there.

Someone remind me

If not that weekend, about a month ago when I tried to play smarter off a shorter hole and took a 3w teed too far down and went almost nowhere :(

It hasn't happened in a while but the times I topped a tee shot was always on the first hole when I didn't get to hit any warmup shots. So every time I went to the range I would hit the driver one time on the first hit. For a while it would be a topper every time. Then fine after that. I don't know how much was mental and how much was just not warmed up. But now a mishit on the driver is hitting a pop up that looks like an 8 or 9 iron shot.

In May, 10th hole at Lawsonia

I was speaking to a friend of mine who is really really good and he was playing with a couple of tour players and topped his drive on the first tee.

When was your last topped tee shot?
2/3 of my last rounds I topped 1 drive…. I can’t stand doing it… I would rather hit a center face block then top it

3 weeks ago. I do it a few times a year.

so frustrating

This past Sunday - still managed to par the hole though.

Two rounds ago actually. :(

Topped a 3 wood off of the tee a few rounds ago. Rarely "top" the driver, but will hit it thin off the heel and get a nasty low hook out of it that only goes 100-150 yards (if it doesn't hit something first haha)

I actually did this probably 3 weeks ago if I recall. With a 3 wood. This does not happen to me much lol.

August 23, 2023 Driving range ..... no one saw it but me and a high school kid. I paid him off to not talk about it

Past Saturday. Came right over the top trying to hit a fade. Bottom grooved that sucker right into the front of the tee box

Oh man I didn't top one at all last night, which is rare.

So it would've been last Friday August 18th.

Yesterday during league, Par 3 Carry over water, for some reason tried to swing harder, topped it into the gully. Just dumb.

My last round. I struggled so bad out of the box all day. By the 15th hole I was so over the round. I just wasn’t even focused or caring and topped it bad. Damn near missed the ball completely.

4 rounds ago i absolutely sh1t the bed. i have excuses, but it was still such a frustrating day. i know i topped 2-3 tee shots. since then my play and scores have been dramatically better. #golf

Yesterday 15th hole, 3W, to a wide open fairway, top It into the creek 25yards in front of the tee.
Re-Tee smoke one down the right side of the fairway…..

I was speaking to a friend of mine who is really really good and he was playing with a couple of tour players and topped his drive on the first tee.

When was your last topped tee shot?
Last round had an embarassingly topped drive!

Monday night in league on #7. 50 yds FML!

2 rounds ago. Topped and hooked a 4h about 40 yds into the water.

Last Sunday (8/20). First hole of the Club Championship. Had to play with a group of A-flight even though I was in B-flight. Topped my tee shot about 18 yds. Managed to par the hole (389 yd; par 4) after chipping in, but the (mental) damage was already done.

Played in the state four ball yesterday. Standing on the first tee, this thread of all things pops up in my head. Hit a good drive. However my second shot a sidehill downhill approach with a hybrid was as topped as you can top a shot.

Wednesday.... first tee for my mens league... right into the frickin' water. :(

Wednesday.... first tee for my mens league... right into the frickin' water. :(

Mine was Wednesday... last tee for my men's league... right into frickin' water. 🙁

Ended up w/ a triple to shoot 43 😡.

My dream is for topping the ball to be rare enough that I can pinpoint a date in the past. I'm struggling with weight transfer with driver, so the accurate answer is more like "maybe half the driver holes in every round".

Yesterday.

Like an elephant's behind, it was high and stinky while covering maybe 20 yards, just past the red tees so I lucked out.

I lost 15 balls, so that is a leading indicator of the round.

Only five in tall grass, rest were in house backyards, or going down the local streets that line the fairways of the Links.

My playing mate who is a member there downplayed it during supper at his restaurant.

Worst round in ten years.

I did manage to salvage 3 pars but the snowman was out and about all over the Links.

Back