your MLB teams hall of fame locks

Blue Jays - no one?

Reds:
Joey Votto

Lock: Verlander
Almost certainly: Altuve

There is a good chance for some of the youngsters, but too soon to throw out the "lock" for them.
Dusty as well.

The question is if Verlander gets 3 WS rings in Houston does he go in as Astros or Tiger? Right now I say Tigers hat but that can change I think.

Lock: Verlander
Almost certainly: Altuve

There is a good chance for some of the youngsters, but too soon to throw out the "lock" for them.

i think you are referring to scott rolen. and if you are i agree. i love scott rolen he was one of my favorite players for a long time but sorry he is not a hall of famer.
The steroid era has left the whole thing changed... so many guys "disqualified" but it's not like they're not vote someone in every year.

Reds:
Joey Votto
I don't get this one, he's had a solid career, but his numbers just aren't there. 355 career homeruns..😕 He's going to need to stick around another 5-6 years and get over 450 to even have a shot. His only 2 HOF comps are Edgar Martinez, and Gil Hodges and they are both fringe. That's not great 😕 In his prime he was on track, the problem is, his prime just didn't last long enough.

None on the current roster who I would consider locks. Rafael Devers is probably the best bet to achieve the necessary credentials. Although the credentials don't seem to be what they used to be so he may be closer than I think....

I don't get this one, he's had a solid career, but his numbers just aren't there. 355 career homeruns..😕 He's going to need to stick around another 5-6 years and get over 450 to even have a shot. His only 2 HOF comps are Edgar Martinez, and Gil Hodges and they are both fringe. That's not great 😕 In his prime he was on track, the problem is, his prime just didn't last long enough.
HR’s and number of hits aren’t the sole contributors they once were to get into the HOF it’s not the caveman era qualification system or the old school one for that matter. He’s on a short list with Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, Roger Hornsby to lead the league in several years for OBP. Over a consecutive 8 yr stretch he had 40 more walks than strikeouts. Pujols had over 200 more strikeouts at times with less at bats. Over a 17 yr career Votto sitting at 80-95 averages, on another note Pujols is only 12 yrs older than me my ass 🤣.

He’s definitely getting in though, right? MVP in 2010 basically same numbers as Larry Walker who is in. Scott Rolen just went in. If Rolen got in Votto is in.

Craig Kimbrel yes for sure

Not sure if any locks other than that - closest might be Bryce Harper

He’s definitely getting in though, right? MVP in 2010 basically same numbers as Larry Walker who is in. Scott Rolen just went in. If Rolen got in Votto is in.
Rolen and Walker had the Gold Gloves to help their case. He's a franchise player, but a fringe hofr. He might get in, but it won't be a lock. I suspect it will take him the full run to get the call.

HR’s and number of hits aren’t the sole contributors they once were to get into the HOF it’s not the caveman era qualification system or the old school one for that matter. He’s on a short list with Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, Roger Hornsby to lead the league in several years for OBP. Over a consecutive 8 yr stretch he had 40 more walks than strikeouts. Pujols had over 200 more strikeouts at times with less at bats. Over a 17 yr career Votto sitting at 80-95 averages, on another note Pujols is only 12 yrs older than me my ass 🤣.
😆 I'll give you the Pujols, id say he's 2-3 years older. He performed great last year though. I just see Votto as a really good player. That being said, some of those get in too. But he's far from a sure shot.

😆 I'll give you the Pujols, id say he's 2-3 years older. He performed great last year though. I just see Votto as a really good player. That being said, some of those get in too. But he's far from a sure shot.
He’s what the future of the hall of fame will be going forward.

Mariners all-time HoF list is short. Ichiro will be first ballot, Felix Hernandez will probably be borderline. Robinson Cano won't go in as a Mariner.

No current players are even close as of yet but Julio Rodriguez is off to a great start.

Mariners all-time HoF list is short. Ichiro will be first ballot, Felix Hernandez will probably be borderline. Robinson Cano won't go in as a Mariner.

No current players are even close as of yet but Julio Rodriguez is off to a great start.
Cano isn't going in anyways

He has no shot.
After the PEDs, I tend to agree. But that was in the twilight of his career and stats say he is one of the most productive 2B ever. Voters will probably treat him like A-Rod (which I don't necessarily have a problem with). Guess we'll see.

Since pitchers today no longer throw complete games and there's little chance at 300 wins, he has to be considered. He was dominant at his best and he's been good for a long time.
In the same category as Felix Hernandez. One of the unluckiest losers of all time, and an underrated career.

Btw, on Felix's Mariners HoF induction tonight, George Kirby pitched a complete game shut out with a no decision - turned team loss in the 10th - exactly reminiscent of Felix's career.

For anyone that didn't follow their careers

Back