your MLB teams hall of fame locks

yes, Cutch is borderline. i have always liked him and hope he gets in.

If he finishes strong this year, posts another solid season in 2024 I think he can get it. Especially if he can lead the Pirates to a playoff birth next season. Which is possible.

If he finishes strong this year, posts another solid season in 2024 I think he can get it. Especially if he can lead the Pirates to a playoff birth next season. Which is possible.
i think he needs a couple more season. his numbers are good but he is a great guy and has another thing working in his favor that i will not say on here. i hope he gets in. i would vote for him.

i think he needs a couple more season. his numbers are good but he is a great guy and has another thing working in his favor that i will not say on here. i hope he gets in. i would vote for him.

Yeah. MVP and reputation might really help him.

i agree very similar, i think wagner gets in next year. not sure why but the voters just don't like relivers.
Wagner never got over being booed for throwing 99. He can suck it.

kinda sorta yes.....but i guess if harper had a career ending injury he might not make the hall, it would be close. JT would and Kimbrel would but maybe not harper.

you and I disagree on JT. I don't think he's a hall of fame lock.

I just want to see the argument for him being a hall of famer at this point in his career. Maybe I'm missing something.

He's hit over .280 once.
Finished in the top 10 for MVP once
broken the 75 RBI total twice

Goldschmidt-Fringe He's in the hall of really good, maybe a 2nd or 3rd ballot HOF'r.
Nolan Arrenado: I think he's pretty close to a lock
Going back to last year:
Pujols: 1st ballot
Molina: 1st ballot

I just want to see the argument for him being a hall of famer at this point in his career. Maybe I'm missing something.

He's hit over .280 once.
Just giving you a hard time. I agree he’s not there yet. Not sure if he’s on the path at all to be honest. 2x gold glove, 3x all-MLB, 3x silver slugger are the biggest things working in his favor at this point.

Just giving you a hard time. I agree he’s not there yet. Not sure if he’s on the path at all to be honest. 2x gold glove, 3x all-MLB, 3x silver slugger are the biggest things working in his favor at this point.

I love hall of fame debates. Hell @sposey013168 still says Matt Carpenter is a future HOFer

He's hit over .280 once.
most "experts", i put experts in quotes because who knows what an expert is anymore, say he is the best, or one of the best, catcher the last 10 years. if you are considered the "best" for that period of time i would think you should be in the hall. his stats will never be like those of regular position players, no catcher is.

JT Realmuto is definitely not a lock for the HOF. I'd struggle to make an argument for him to even get some votes.

most "experts", i put experts in quotes because who knows what an expert is anymore, say he is the best, or one of the best, catcher the last 10 years. if you are considered the "best" for that period of time i would think you should be in the hall. his stats will never be like those of regular position players, no catcher is.

Enter Buster Posey

Enter Buster Posey

That's a great comparison for current catchers.

3 WS Rings
MVP
Rookie of the Year
Career .302 hitter
Much better than average defensively including throwing out runners trying to steal
Inspired a rule change :LOL:

Well... it is the Hall of the Pretty Good now.
i think you are referring to scott rolen. and if you are i agree. i love scott rolen he was one of my favorite players for a long time but sorry he is not a hall of famer.

N
i think you are referring to scott rolen. and if you are i agree. i love scott rolen he was one of my favorite players for a long time but sorry he is not a hall of famer.
Harold Baines got in. That made it the hall of very good

jeff kent is a big snub in my opinion. he is one of the best hitting 2nd baseman of all time. he played during the steroid era and was never thought of as a guy that took them.

Back