Your next set of irons

What’s currently in the bag is setting a very high bar for what’s next. What I’m looking for is the appearance of lesser offset, a rounded, thin top line, and a forgiving leading edge. Ideally in a brushed finish, and helping me boost spin a little bit.

I want them to be pre-release because I'm in a THP Experiencing getting the privilege to play them before just about anyone else (besides the other participants of course) :cool:

Strong lofts

Very similar to my current irons but with graphite shafts. And probably one flex softer as well. I'm not getting any younger.

I love what I’m playing right now, but if I were to change I’d go back to the Apex or PXG P irons. Those were both really nice.

Recently switched from GI irons to players distance. Main drivers were less offset, ability to launch higher & control distance, and look at address.

I have two sets of irons (ZX5s and T100s) and I am really happy with both sets and could easily have either set in the bag. If I was playing the T100s I would say something a tiny bit bigger which the new T150 supposedly are. I don’t have a lot I could improve on the ZX5. They sit beautifully behind the ball are a bit bigger than the T100s and I have them blended with ZX7 PW/AW which flow awesome.

I am such a club **** I am sure I will be fondling T`150s and Apex Plus at some point.

More ball speed. Do well with my short iron up to the 8i but seem to lack beyond there. Went 6,5 hybrids currently but there almost to long.

A half set for travel that is less likely to get stolen. Maybe it would help to have pink shafts like those new Paige LA Golf shafts?

My next set has great potential… currently play sms pros and I didn’t think I would get a new set for a long time….well then a granddaddy contest says that will change in December ….. being fit by legendary fitters and a great apex line coming out … that could change my bag like I was expecting…
So what am I looking for? Something that fits me better than I’ve ever had before and helps me with consistent ball striking and accuracy that I am lacking

I want something that blends the best combination of distance and forgiveness, that works best for my sometimes good/bad swing. No aethetic pre-reqs, just some amazing irons please!

December has me very excited to see the Apex lineup, and whatever else is on offer.

Need more height out of my next set. I’m naturally a low ball hitter and want to hold more greens.

ZX7 or the new T150 would be my recommendation

The T150 looks gorgeous, but I'm a little concerned they're a lot like my 0317ST which I am hot and cold with.

I'm looking for something similar looking to my Sub70 659.

I think new Apex Pro or Zx7 or Ping I230 might be closest.

Apex pro with Modus 120 right now I think is clubhouse leader

I love all the responses we've seen so far. As someone who has been pondering new irons...or whatever my set will be...my thoughts go a million different directions. Obviously this past week we saw some awesome new Titleist and Callaway sets. There's also been a draw to play something maybe a little more forgiving like say a Paradam, AeroJet, or G430. Then of course the draw to something smaller like some of the new options that have hit recently or like a Mizuno forged, or i230. My thoughts are a legitimate mess.

improved turf interaction without sacrificing any of the performance i’m currently enjoying. bonus points if they’re a little smaller and a little softer.

Looking for more distance, better spin, tighter dispersion, great feel and look. I have a feeling all will be met with the options in the new Titleist line.

I want them to last. I had the i500s and cracked the face on 4 of them. Now my i210s are falling apart after 18 months. I might just go with blades since I know those won’t break. Also they should look good and have great feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what I'm looking for but it's gonna be 0317 CB's...

I don't know what I'm looking for but it's gonna be 0317 CB's...

I got the CBs a couple of weeks ago and they are everything I was looking for in a new set of irons. Spin, height, feel, and incredible looks down by the ball/in the bag.

Just a touch more forgiving on toe strikes, and V sole, or something like it.

Back