Your right hand when putting?

I feel like my stroke is right hand dominant. My left is just there to help hold the club square.

I keep my right hand out of the stroke as much as possible, it’s been the best thing for me via fitting, to the point I place about 40g under the right hand to quiet it.

It's why I switched to claw grip, basically removes my trail hand from the stroke entirely. It does help that I'm naturally right handed putting left handed though.

That notion will send shivers to the scaredy-cats.

My putting stroke is already pretty right hand dominant, I dare say my whole golf swing is right hand dominant, so that thought doesn’t bother me at all

No. It's how I putt and it feels amazing. Letting the putter head release past the hands is an amazing feeling.

Last edited:
Even when using a grip that is supposed to take the right hand out of it, such as left-hand-low, or the claw, I always feel my right hand is dominant. The sensation is one of "pushing" as opposed to "pulling" the putter through.

I'm not Tiger, I don't putt well. But that's ok. And I can practice.

My putting stroke , there so many variations, but I dont think about my hands on breaking putts I
rely more on my back shoulder muscle to rock my shoulders , this might old style but works well for me

I am usually focused on left hand...I think, or a squirrel off in the distance. I do point my right index finger down the shaft and suppose I don't ignore it entirely.

Something I'll think about next practice session.

I’m finding that the grip itself plays a much bigger role than I’d realized. Been bouncing around with SS2.0. SS1.0. Pistol, PP58, and a few others over the past several months. Releasing the head seems harder with bigger grips.

I try to keep both my hands quiet in my putting stroke. I just want them to hold the club, while my arms, and shoulders (triangle) do the work. It's the same with my chipping.

Now sometimes, just out of the blue, my right hand get too active, which causes me to pull putts to the left.

I’m a straight back putter so I don’t try to do anything with the right hand other than letting it stick around for the ride.

Back