Your Stats Vs The Pros

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Pros are the absolute best in the world at this game we all love. Below are a few of the Tour Averages. How do your Stats Measure Up? Any stats where you might be better than them? Any stats where you are shocked how much better they are? (Obviously its ok to estimate if you don't keep official stats).

Driving Accuracy: 59%
Greens in Regulation %: 66%
Scrambling %: 57%
Putts Per Round: 29

Please hold while I consult Arccos

I think I would actually have a chance to be ahead of them in 2 of the 4. I think my driving accuracy would be higher than them (obviously at way less distance). I also think my putts per round would have a chance. However that's because my greens in regulation are definitely less than them. So I give myself more opportunities at easy one putts.

I find the 57% scramble rate so ridiculously impressive. Sure I have rounds like that sometimes, but over the course of the year there is absolutely no way I sniff close to that

Please hold while I consult Arccos

I need to get that for the coming year. Would be really interested in seeing mine for real.

Only thing I come close is putts per round. I was surprised by my driving accuracy.

Numbers are bit surprising

Driving accuracy is 64%
Approach is 60%
scrambling 32%
avg putts per round 35.2

guess I know where I need to improve haha

I need to get that for the coming year. Would be really interested in seeing mine for real.
I bet your driving accuracy would be around 84% lol

Let's see what GHIN has to say. I'm sure it won't be pretty.

I bet your driving accuracy would be around 84% lol

(y) Haha see above. That's about my only shot at them, maybe putting. Although I'd be about 50 yards behind the average. 80 (or more) behind Bryson

Fair enough. Which of theirs do you find the most impressive?
I'm probably closest in putts. My Arrcos data isn't much help because there are times I didn't go back to adjust the putts actually taken. Best estimate based of that data and the scorecards I have where I kept up with is 33ish per round.

My FWs are about 40-45%. GIR is about 40%. Scrambling, I have no idea.

Numbers are bit surprising

Driving accuracy is 64%
Approach is 60%
scrambling 32%
avg putts per round 35.2

guess I know where I need to improve haha

Those are damn solid numbers. I actually thought you'd be higher for scrambling. Guess it goes together with putting :mad:

I fall a bit short in each category over my last 20 rounds.
  • Driving Accuracy: 59% - 34%
  • Greens in Regulation %: 66% - 27%
  • Scrambling %: 57% - 26%
  • Putts Per Round: 29 - 32.6

Those are damn solid numbers. I actually thought you'd be higher for scrambling. Guess it goes together with putting :mad:
Yeah based on that I should be scoring better. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I fall a bit short in each category over my last 20 rounds.
  • Driving Accuracy: 59% - 34%
  • Greens in Regulation %: 66% - 27%
  • Scrambling %: 57% - 26%
  • Putts Per Round: 29 - 32.6

(y) Solid Putting Numbers.

The PGA Pros are the absolute best in the world at this game we all love. Below are a few of the Tour Averages. How do your Stats Measure Up? Any stats where you might be better than them? Any stats where you are shocked how much better they are? (Obviously its ok to estimate if you don't keep official stats).

I have not been paying much attention lately but I would say driving accuracy 59% seems low for them and mine has to be close to that or slightly better. GIR for me is definitely lagging behind that lately. Scrambling for me is a little behind that as well. Putts per round depends on how good my scrambling looks is haha. It’s probably a little higher then that but not too much higher.

Mine for all 2020 rounds (it's not pretty!):

Driving Accuracy: 44% (-15% from Tour Average)
Greens in Regulation %: 28% (-38% from Tour Average)
Scrambling: (No stats)
Putts Per Round: 33 (+4 from Tour Average)

Average score to par:
Par 3s: 3.89
Par 4s: 5.07
Par 5s: 5.62

Overall scoring:
5% birdie or better
33% par
37% bogey
21% double bogey
4% triple or worse

I don't know my stats, obviously my putting isn't close to the 29 or I believe I'd shoot under every round....
I have to think my driving accuracy is up there and even more now due to the B21 thank you again THP and @JB your the man!
Greens I'd like to say I gotta be 50 or better.
Scrambling, oh boy my chipping can be fantastic to dreadful so that's low..
If I think of putting all those together and averaging them out could you be a 8 handicap or better, yeah this fits it I believe.

Mine for all 2020 rounds (it's not pretty!):

Driving Accuracy: 44% (-15% from Tour Average)
Greens in Regulation %: 28% (-38% from Tour Average)
Scrambling: (No stats)
Putts Per Round: 33 (+4 from Tour Average)

Average score to par:
Par 3s: 3.89
Par 4s: 5.07
Par 5s: 5.62

Overall scoring:
5% birdie or better
33% par
37% bogey
21% double bogey
4% triple or worse

Well there's a reason we all have day jobs..... Haha. I do think we get a bit numb to how good they really are from watching on TV.

Not really close. The only one that I'd be close to is possibly driving accuracy. At least yesterday anyway, I think I only missed 3 fairways (78%). Grant it I used my 2-iron off 4 of the holes & I don't miss fairways with that. :)
Putting .... not even close. I average about 34 putts per round. Which is not good. That's the only way I score, is if I'm putting well.

Driving Accuracy: 59% - 53%
Greens in Regulation %: 66% - 22%
Scrambling %: 57% - 38%
Putts Per Round: 29 - 31.7

I have not been paying much attention lately but I would say driving accuracy 59% seems low for them and mine has to be close to that or slightly better. GIR for me is definitely lagging behind that lately. Scrambling for me is a little behind that as well. Putts per round depends on how good my scrambling looks is haha. It’s probably a little higher then that but not too much higher.

Agreed. I thought their driving accuracy would be higher. Last year Furyk was the leader at 75%

I'm doing okay.
Per the Grint
1. 71%
2. 41%
3. not sure
4. 31.7

Back