YouTube gets NFL Sunday Ticket

This is a big step in streaming services taking on the traditional TV providers and probably a nail in the coffin for direct TV. Not sure it will change my cable situation, but it will add in to the equation when my comcast contract expires.

The biggest shock to me is how much some people are paying to watch TV. $300 just for football? I never priced it before but I was imagining like $6.99 a month tops. I stopped watching MLB when they took it off the networks, sure hope the NFL doesn’t go the same way.

The biggest shock to me is how much some people are paying to watch TV. $300 just for football? I never priced it before but I was imagining like $6.99 a month tops. I stopped watching MLB when they took it off the networks, sure hope the NFL doesn’t go the same way.
I mean, the cost just to get into the door of a single football game is in many cases well over $300 for a family of 4. And the viewing experience at home is superior. $300 for any game you want and redzone is a steal.

I mean, the cost just to get into the door of a single football game is in many cases well over $300 for a family of 4. And the viewing experience at home is superior. $300 for any game you want and redzone is a steal.

I suppose. I watch football 3 days a week and pay $0 so it just seems strange to me. But then the Cowboys sucked for 25 years yet are now worth $8 Billion so I guess I’m in the minority on thinking that’s a lot of cash to pay.

I had youtube tv for a while and it was a good experience. Depending on what they charge, I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra to cover the cost for the TKT if it was spread out over a year.

I dont think I would pay any more than 10-15 dollars a month for Sunday Ticket. Currently just stream everything. If I good package deal comes available with Youtube TV, it may be worth it though.

Well that’s a definite bummer… have had no issues with Direct TV and actually enjoy it more than cable. Won’t be cutting cord anytime soon so I guess it’s off to RedZone I go next year.

$100 promotion until early June to get things going

I’ve seen where they are going to let you add 4 games to one screen at a time? I hope this is the case. I’m probably pulling the trigger this year. I missed it last year. Redzone is awesome entertainment but you don’t really see the flow of every game.

Going to miss DIRECTV giving me this for free every year 🥲

Going to miss DIRECTV giving me this for free every year 🥲
Yea, it was so easy to get. Just call up and talk about leaving and boom Sunday Ticket was free.

I’ve seen where they are going to let you add 4 games to one screen at a time? I hope this is the case. I’m probably pulling the trigger this year. I missed it last year. Redzone is awesome entertainment but you don’t really see the flow of every game.
This would make sense as they did the same during March Madness.

This would make sense as they did the same during March Madness.
If it does I am going to pull the trigger. Our xFinity internet stinks and I can get that for cheaper and youtube tv is cheaper than what we have currently. I just have enjoyed having it all on one bill. It just makes sense at this point. Only thing preventing me doing this really was the ticket.

Just spoke with a YouTube rep about the Sunday Ticket.

Only having an option for 2 streams per account is just a PITA. I know I am not the normal customer, but when my basement is setup like a sports bar and we have different games on up to six tvs, I don't see how I am going to only show a game on two of them.

I understand they don't want you to share with multiple people so limiting it to two only allows the share to one other I guess, but they should allow a way to upgrade to more streams. I understand I can just purchase three accounts to show on six tvs, but that is crazy at over 1000.

Just spoke with a YouTube rep about the Sunday Ticket.

Only having an option for 2 streams per account is just a PITA. I know I am not the normal customer, but when my basement is setup like a sports bar and we have different games on up to six tvs, I don't see how I am going to only show a game on two of them.

I understand they don't want you to share with multiple people so limiting it to two only allows the share to one other I guess, but they should allow a way to upgrade to more streams. I understand I can just purchase three accounts to show on six tvs, but that is crazy at over 1000.
Yeah, they need to figure this part out.

And we officially signed up.

Last day for the $100 off Sunday ticket promo. I’m all signed up.

Back