ZBeekner4’s Journey to the 2019 Grandaddy

Great video, loved the excitement! Looking forward to following your journey and seeing how the new bag looks after your trip once pictures are allowed to be shown!

Loaded question, but what one thing are you looking forward to most. I know I'd have 1,000 exciting things running through my head daily if I were preparing for this, so what one thing keeps speaking to you saying "I can't wait to do that!!"?

Love seeing this! It was cool getting ready for The Grandaddy and taking the forum along and watching my teammates do the same!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Congrats again!

Subscribed

Loaded question, but what one thing are you looking forward to most. I know I'd have 1,000 exciting things running through my head daily if I were preparing for this, so what one thing keeps speaking to you saying "I can't wait to do that!!"?

GREAT question. I only think about this 2-3 times per hour of each day lol.

To answer your question, I’d probably lean towards the hangouts with my teammates and the zoocrew. The airport transportation, the bus rides, meals, Al’s house, etc are going to be a blast. Being able to rub shoulders with the minds behind one of the biggest and arguably best brands in the business will be incredible. Plus getting to hang out with my teammates and spend so much time together experiencing the greatest golf event of all time in Callaway HQ and the hideaway is something I really can’t wait to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT question. I only think about this 2-3 times per hour of each day lol.

To answer your question, I’d probably lean towards the hangouts with my teammates and the zoocrew. The airport transportation, the bus rides, meals, Al’s house, etc are going to be a blast. Being able to rub shoulders with the minds behind one of the biggest and arguably best brands in the business will be incredible. Plus getting to hang out with my teammates and spend so much time together experiencing the greatest golf event of all time in Callaway HQ and the hideaway is something I really can’t wait to do!

Thanks, I like that answer. The community that is THP and the Grandaddy. It's why I'm here, and why most of us are. You can always get fit for new clubs, go out to the course and play, but being with the people that make this event is going to be beyond spectacular! Forging real connections that will last so long. Best of luck, can't wait to see the progress.

2nd Post Updated with WITB and pre-fitting thoughts. Let me know what you guys think!

Great thoughts in the video.

Wow ball choice is a bit of a surprise to me given I’ve seen you swing before but no doubt you’ll be fit into a great option come December

Wow ball choice is a bit of a surprise to me given I’ve seen you swing before but no doubt you’ll be fit into a great option come December

In what way? Honestly I may be wrong about the ERC....

Awesome thoughts Zack. ERC does surprise me, but play what works!

In what way? Honestly I may be wrong about the ERC....

You seem like the perfect player for CSX.

You seem like the perfect player for CSX.

Hmmm. Maybe I am? You may know better than me. I know I have a steep swing and I generate A LOT of spin, so I need a low spin (for irons and wedges) ball so I don’t spin balls back off the front of greens and so they don’t balloon so much that I lose distance

zack- i would be curious about feel for your ball selection. erc soft is so much softer than the avx. i played avx for a little while when it first came out, and i didn’t care for it.

i would venture to say erc is almost too soft feeling, especially at your ss. csxtt feels so much better, but i think you will spin it way too much.

i do think erc soft will be the right ball for you, but time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zack- i would be curious about feel for your ball selection. erc soft is so much softer than the avx. i played avx for a little while when it first came out, and i didn’t care for it.

i would venture to say erc is almost too soft feeling, especially at your ss. csxtt feels so much better, but i think you will spin it way too much.

i do think erc soft will be the right ball for you, but time will tell.

Thanks for the thoughts Chris. Im curious to see my results but I’m excited to test out all the Callaway balls and figure out what works for me. I’ll certainly be updating in this thread once I get some on the course.

What do you spin more into greens: Irons or wedges?

What do you spin more into greens: Irons or wedges?

Definitely wedges

Thanks for the thoughts Chris. Im curious to see my results but I’m excited to test out all the Callaway balls and figure out what works for me. I’ll certainly be updating in this thread once I get some on the course.

How were you planning on doing your testing? I was thinking it might be good to play each ball side by side against your current AVX to see which one most closely aligns with it.

How were you planning on doing your testing? I was thinking it might be good to play each ball side by side against your current AVX to see which one most closely aligns with it.

I’ll use my gamegolf tracking and compare all the numbers over a few rounds. But I’ve played the AVX for so long that I’m guessing it’ll be easy to see while I’m playing.

Well this seems eerily familiar...

Glad to see you started this. I've enjoyed our chats and all the rounds over the past 3 years. I couldn't be happier for anyone to be going than you.

1. Glad you'll be rid of that damned Aeroburner hybrid...you hit it way too well :D
2. You've been wanting an iron change for a while...
3. Don't doubt your iron game, you're a very good stick in general and that will work itself out with rounds. You know all I did is grind on putting and short game...formula hasn't changed for that place out there.
4. You are going to love the non-golf aspects...excited to see you embrace this journey and your team make the event their own.

I'll be following man...

Oh yeah, I've been playing the ERC these last few rounds...not sure how I feel about at my swing speed, but I would definitely compare it to the CSX again.

Alright latest update: Got in 18 holes today at a municipal golf course that I’ve played 4-5 times. I bought a sleeve of ERC Soft to play and test against the AVX and ultimately see if it’s a good fit for my game. (One of my goals)

Couple of notes: I split the 9s using the AVX and ERC to gauge for the days conditions, etc. It was a breezy day so I’m taking my observations with a grain of salt as some of this could be attributed to wind.

Off the face of the driver and 3-wood, the erc feels very soft but in the I-just-hit-the-sweet-spot kind of way. Big fan of that feeling.

My mid to short iron shots are very important to me cause that’s where spin has such a major impact. 1st PW I hit using the erc was slightly into the wind but I had plenty of club to account for that yet it came up short of the green entirely which was a bit surprising. The next 2 holes I had essentially 8-iron distances to the pin (but with the wind instead of against it) and one was perfect, the next went long. Right now, it’s too small of a sample size to judge but I’m trying to gauge this particular part of my bag.

Chipping and holding greens was similar to my previous ball in the AVX. In general they are less spin than many other premium balls but that’s there MO so I’m used to one hop and stop with no spin back. I had a full sand wedge into a par-4, hit it right at the pin, landed about 2 feet in front of the pin (as shown by the ball mark) and stopped next to the cup. Plenty of stopping power.

I’ll say this. Triple track is underrated. If you’re a “line” putter then this is something you need to try. It really helps me find my line easier and I know when I hit it, it’s starting on that line.

Just starting with the ERC but so far, it’s fitting nicely in my bag. If there are differences, I haven’t picked up on them yet. Oh and I shot a +2 74 today with 5 birdies using the ERC.

love the updates my man! keep it up!!!

love the updates my man! keep it up!!!

Thanks. May be a while before I get to play 18 again. But my son starts his first 2-day-a-week school at the end of August which will give me some consistency to play. It should be a big benefit, Especially leading up to December

Just got caught up in your journey. Really good content so far and loving your info. I am an AVX guy also and I really like the ERC but I found I like the Chrome Soft better and a closer comparison to the AVX for my game, fwiw!

Just got caught up in your journey. Really good content so far and loving your info. I am an AVX guy also and I really like the ERC but I found I like the Chrome Soft better and a closer comparison to the AVX for my game, fwiw!

Interesting....I’m putting the erc through the paces for now but I’m planning to test the CS as well. Now that I see you’ve played all the above balls, I really want to try the chrome soft.

I’ll certainly be posting more about that in here.

I’ve been a bit overwhelmed at work but should have a few days to play next week and weekend. Lots to come for sure.

Back