If you have one, what's in your backup bag?

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Yesterday I had to play my backup bag, that I threw together about two hours before tee time. Surprisingly enough, it performed very well for me at a course I had never played before. My playing partner, who is way better than me commented that my entire backup bag is better than his gamers. Do people have a backup bag, and do they play it?

Driver: Cobra F6 (50% FIR, so can't complain)
Fairways: Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 4W and 7W
Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100 4H and 5H (the 5H was my go to club yesterday ... I can't believe how well I hit this. I remember TroutBum telling me once to never take these out of the bag, and I see why I shouldn't have ... maybe the EX9's will get the boot).
Irons: Wilson Staff F5s [7i-GW] (First time I played these I struggled. This time, no issues at all. A bit of a hook with the 7i off the tee, but on the deck these all gave me a great high ball flight.
Wedges: Wilson Staff TW9's (an easier wedge for me to control than the PMP's - though in yesterdays round I only had the 52 in the bag because I was testing the Cleveland CBX's).
Putter: Happy Putter Mallet (I love the blade, so the mallet gets the backup spot. Just as deadly though).

I don't really consider it a backup bag, but rather extra clubs I seem to have accumulated. That said, I like everything that is in this bag and would happily play them

Driver: TM R1
Fairways: n/a
Hybrids: n/a
Irons: Hogan PTX irons
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Squareback

Last edited:
I have a backup bag at our condo in Florida. It currently is made up of an XR Pro driver, X2 Hot 3 wood, XR Pro 4 wood, Wilson Staff V2 irons, Wilson and TM wedges, and a couple different putters. I don't score any differently with this set Than I do with my normal bag, but I will need to bring a different putter now that I've gone arm lock Kutcher-style with my putting.

A bunch of extra putters and a few random woods and wedges is all I can claim in a backup bag. No extra iron set so the "backup bag" would not be a viable option to grab and hit the course with.

Cobra SZ400/ Saber Tour Vector 75
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14*
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 18*
Wilson PI5 4-PW S300
Maltby M GW-LW R300
Rife Island Aruba

Just a bunch of random clubs and shafts the pretty much fill up 2 bags sitting in the garage. No actual back up bag, but I could put together a decent set out of what I have if I had to.

Which backup bag? :alien: I kid (sort of). In my back-up bag, I have:

Driver: Callaway Epic
Fairway: Ping G 3W
Hybrids: Cobra (from like 10 years ago)
Irons: Ping i200 (#StaffProto irons went into game bag)
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB
Putter: A lot of them

Adams speedline driver 10.5 stiff
Medicus 3wood stiff
3-pw BridgeStone J33 dgs300
Taylormade RAC 54 degree sand wedge
Cleveland 2135 8.0 putter

DR: Callaway Epic
FW: EXOTICS CBX
HY: Callaway Apex (2)
IR: Wilson-Staff V6
W: Cleveland RTX3
P: Scotty Cameron Circle T Buttonback

DR: Callaway Epic
FW: EXOTICS CBX
HY: Callaway Apex (2)
IR: Wilson-Staff V6
W: Cleveland RTX3
P: Scotty Cameron Circle T Buttonback

your backup bag is better than my bag :(

Ummm...

Driver - Adams Bul 5000
FW - XR16 pro 3w
Ping G5 3iron
PING i10 4-PW
Vokey SM5 50/54/58
One of my extra putters

This past season it was

Driver - Callaway Epic SZ 10.5

FW - Callaway BB mini (14)
Callaway Epic SZ (18)

Hybrid - Callaway Steelhead (22)

Irons - Callaway Apex CF16
5 - AW

Wedges - Callaway MD3 56*, Callaway PM grind 60*

Putter - Odyssey O-Works 2Ball.

I've gamed this bag about 25% of my rounds this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My back up bag is my 2015 #TheGrandaddy bag

Driver - 816 DBD
Woods - GBB 3w & HW
Irons - Apex CF-16 5-AW
Wedges - MD3 52/54/58
Puttter - VLine

I actually have 2 back up bags but they are empty haha. Well not truthfully, as one has all my grandfathers old Lynx clubs and his old persimmons woods. My old college team bag is currently empty but its nice and light weight for those days I used to walk. But now I have a push cart so that never happens.

While I don't change gear as often as some folks around here, I do tend to hang on to sets I love. So, I may be a bit of a hoarder in that I could currently put together several back up bags. And, my current gamers are prepped to become the main backup bag after a little trip in December.

Aside from my current WITB, I've played rounds this year with Srixon z965s, TM r7 tp and Titleist 962 irons. My only backup woods at the moment are a Ping G driver, and a TM r9 4 wood.

Driver- Cobra F6+
3 wood- Cobra Tour Issue Bio Cell+
Hybrid- Hogan VKTR 18*
Irons- Adams CC1 Black
Wedges- Vokey SM5
Putters- Several back ups

your backup bag is better than my bag :(

Haha, I've got a pretty cool side job here that lets me play some pretty cool stuff for reviews.

The gamer bag though, all paid for and I'm sort of proud of that. Doc Miles though might not be, so lets not tell her. LOL

Well, I have a
Titleist 907 and a Cally 815
816 3w
XR 4 hybrid
z545 irons
Various MD wedges
White Hot Pro 7

And then there's the bag full of other random stuff.

No backup bag, but my bag of extras contains:

Tour Edge XGC6 driver
TaylorMade RBZ driver (my dad can't hit it, so I traded him my XR16 that I wasn't playing for it)
Callaway X2 hot 5 deep
Hopkins 55° and 60° wedges
Cure CX2

My backup bag is basically a whole Walter Hagen boxed set from DSG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bag of extra clubs include: Ping G25 4-iron, 3, 4, and 5 Callaway XR fairways, a 25 degree XR hybrid, a Big Bertha V driver, a TM Burner (2007) driver, and an Odyssey Versa V-line mallet putter.

Not really a back up bag, but a bag of my extra's that I've built for visitors or my wife on the occasion when she plays.

Driver: TM R7 Draw or Callaway XHot
FW: Cobra SZ 5 metal
Irons:TM R7
Wedges: Cleveland RTX (52) and TM TP RAC (56)
Putter: TM Rossa

My spare bag:
Driver-XR 16 10.5
Fairway - XR 16 3W and 5W
Irons - Apex CF16 4-AW
Wedges - MD3 56 and 60
Putter - Toulon Columbus

Driver: XR16
Fairways: Heavenwood
Hybrids: 18* X Utility
Irons: Titleist DCI 962 2i. XR 3i, Razr X Black 4-PW
Wedges: SM5 56*, 60*
Putter: Odyssey Divine Line 2-ball

That's 15 so I'd never really use the 2i, except for fun.

Driver - Titleist 910D2
FW - D200 5 wood
Irons - 712 AP2
Wedges - J40
Putter - Whichever Byron, Piretti, Toulon, or Odyssey I'm in the mood for.

Back