What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played both the supersoft and chrome soft today. Really liked both. Hit long drives with each. Actually like the supersoft off the putter better and was able to make it check hard on high pitches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

B330-RX again. Yup, still awesome :D

Went back to the B330-RX today after about 6 months of playing the Callaway Chrome Soft ball. They are really similar, but enjoyed my round today with the B330-RX. To me it seems to stay on line a bit better on miss-hits.

Bridgestone e5. Was okay.....liked it off the tee but performance into greens was so-so. Durability was also very iffy as I saw several scuffs that I typically don't see pretty quickly.

I've been playing the Duo for the last month or so and it is a very good ball for me, especially as it gets colder. I love the durability couple that with good distance and you have a winner on your hand. I do have to think before I hit iron shots to make sure I am overshooting greens.

Chrome Soft •• that I found at Torrey. Played 9 holes there and 15 holes today with it before some idiot stole it from me saying it was his. Felt good. Didn't get to compare it off the tee with any other cally ball only a pro v1x. Wish I could say more about it but my game was off last two rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the feel and results of the 2013 Bridgestone e6 rather than the 2015 e6.

330RX. Still one of my favorites. If I can keep finding deals on them I'll keep buying!

Tried out the top flite BOMB lately, had them for so cheap i had to try them.

They do play short compared to the ProV1, but seem to react to spin very well and hold up great to agressive milling.

All in all for the price of them, they are a decent ball from Top Flite. 6/10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TM Lethal. Such an underrated ball.

Yesterday I played the Titleist "test" ball. I was impressed.

The ball is a little whiter than the ProV1 and B330RX that I usually play. I did not notice any significant distance difference or performance on full and partial iron shots. Around the greens I also saw no appreciable difference but the ball did seem a little softer than the usual balls.

I did not think the balls were quite as durable as the ProV1 or B330RX but not so much that I would not play it in any competition.

Towards the end of my round I lost my Supersoft but found a Wilson Duo and finished the round with it. Nice ball. Drives long and short game wasn't too bad compared to the Supersoft. Thinking I may try the Duo spin next. I'm still on the fence with the DT Trusoft. Tim

I prefer the feel and results of the 2013 Bridgestone e6 rather than the 2015 e6.
Now that I've played the DT Trusoft ball for 2 rounds, I'm starting to like it too. Doesn't seem to be any gain/loss distance wise per club from the e6 ball, but the Trusoft has a nice feel hitting it with driver, 3 wood, all irons, wedges & the putter. Gonna play a few more rounds with the DT Trusoft and see if I can describe the full shot feel in a way I/we can understand.

played an optic yellow Callaway Supersoft last weekend. The temp was about 45*, but i didn't seem to lose too much distance. I don't know if it was an abberation or not, but it seemed like I was getting a higher ball flight on my iron shots, specifically wedges... this is compared to the Qstar and chrome soft. I will say... this ball feels great off of the putter

Played yesterday with the Titleist TEST ball, black number.
No complaints - It stayed in the fairway (for the most part), did not have any big slices or hooks. It stayed relatively close to its ball mark on approach shots with mid and high irons and wedges (I can get the urethane balls to spin back), did have some run-out with the 4 and 5 irons, more than expected. No real opinion on greenside shots - most were from the bunker or chip shots. No pitch shots or "atypical" shots to speak of.
This ball seemed to jump off the putter face more than other balls that I have used - I sent a lot of balls long, which is unusual for me. Not as much greenside spin as the ProV1x.

Played today with some "refurbished" ProV1x balls. I lost three, two should have been found in the grass on the edge of the rough, but whatever. One of the balls seemed to be a little shorter off the tee and with my irons than the other two, but it could have been because the conditions today were a little different than usual (colder, a little wind). I like the ball, but the inconsistency among balls may become a problem. Luckily, I can lose these balls pretty quickly, so they will be out of the stash within a month or so.

My last 9 hole round was played with an optic yellow Bridgestone B330-RX ball. I have played the whites earlier in the year and had no complaints. I went to cheaper balls while going through some body and swing pains. No sense hitting good stuff into the woods when nothing is working. I just happened to pick these up on the way home because the reward money would be running out in a few days. This ball seems to travel a ways with my slower than average swing speed. It also seems to be a "straight" ball for me too. As my game has progressed and my distance reading has gotten better finds me hitting the greens on some long approaches. Too bad there is about a week left to the season, things are just getting into the fun stage. This ball seems to react as any other good ball by not running off. I know the club has a lot to do with it but I was impressed with any of the iron shot approaches when I did my part. They ranged from 150 to 180 yards away and a few were coming in from not the best angle so there was not too much green behind the landing zone. It was very predictable and rewarding. I probably should have grabbed a box of whites because optic yellow just doesn't show up as good for me especially when there is many weeping willow leaves scattered about. If I could have an orange ball flight and white the rest of the time, I'd be a happy camper.

Somebody gave me a sleeve of new pro V's for my birthday, I still can't get myself to use them. I'll probably use them as putting balls in non-regulation rounds. I used a bunch of TM urethane balls, they're not at all bad.

So as good as balls like the Wilson Duo perform well in cooler, fall/winter golf, are there balls whose performance really suffer in the same conditions? I noticed I played a Pro V1 for a few holes recently and it seemed to really lose distance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bought a dozen of Callaway SuperHots with a gift card on sale. Did not like the way it felt at all. Went back to the Nxt Tour S. Playing tomorrow with Q-stars, Love those in Tour Yellow.

Monsta golf ball today.
I like this ball - it moves enough with irons, I can spin it back with short irons and wedges, feels good off the putter. Stayed in good shape, no real scuff marks on it.
Good distance, too.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Since I was out there solo today I decided to play a few balls and only keep score for my first shot.

I played the usual suspects:

Nike RZN White (volt)
W/S Duo Spin
DT TruSoft

Nike RZN:

This ball is just a solid performer for me. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love on here. It's great off the driver and feels great off irons and wedges. I have no problem getting this ball to check and stop. It always lands within a foot or two of its mark on the full iron shots. In short wedge shots it's extremely comparable to everything listed. The firmest feeling off the driver in the bunch. Just a good all around ball for $21.99/doz

W/S Duo Spin:

First time out with this ball and didn't notice a huge increase over the duo. Also a solid ball. This was definitely the softest of the bunch off the driver. It's almost a tie for mor me when compared to the Nike RZN white as an all around performer. For some reason this ball felt almost "marshmallow-ish" off the driver on a few swings but ball was still on the FW each time I took a crack with it. This ball also produced the same distance gains as the DUO did for me. It did have a SLIGHTLY better feel for me than the DUO but don't know yet if it merits the price increase. Verdict is still out on this one

DT TruSoft

I think this will be my gamer for the foreseeable future. It does everything well and is very comparable to the Nike RZN off the driver but with a slightly better feel to it. This ball also flights considerably lower for me off the Driver than the above balls. One of the best feeling balls off irons and short wedge shots. Actually this ball and the duo spin felt very very similar off irons and short wedges but felt I could control the DT TruSoft just a TAD more. When I hit it well struck ball with the driver with the DT Trusoft it just felt solid. You get that "I crushed that one" feeling that the above mentioned balls didn't give me (maybe the Nike on a few). This is also the ball that produced the most spin for me with wedges. On a 130yrd Par 3 (slightly elevated Tee) I hit a GW 10yrds past the flag and this ball spun back 5ft. On iron shots this ball was either right next to it or just under its landing mark. Never passed it. I also see the distance gain on flushed shots that i saw with the Duo. Solid ball from Titleist

Last edited:
Bridgestone B330 RX today.
When I hit it well, it was spectacular! Love it around the greens and off the driver. Was able to get some good spin with this ball (sucked back a 7i 4 feet from 165 yds).

There are a lot of soft low compression balls on the market today, sometimes too soft for my liking, my swing speed is only about 90 mph, but strangely I like the feel and sound of a higher compression ball when I hit. Being a higher handicap player I won't spend a whole lot of money on golf balls so I opted for the Top Flite XL distance golf ball and just love it. Anybody else have similar feelings about golf ball compression?

There are a lot of soft low compression balls on the market today, sometimes too soft for my liking, my swing speed is only about 90 mph, but strangely I like the feel and sound of a higher compression ball when I hit. Being a higher handicap player I won't spend a whole lot of money on golf balls so I opted for the Top Flite XL distance golf ball and just love it. Anybody else have similar feelings about golf ball compression?

IMO, I feel that a 10 cap should be playing a higher quality ball than the Top Flight XL. Take a look at the three mini reviews below. Any one of these balls would be an improvement over what you are playing today. And they are all reasonably priced.

Since I was out there solo today I decided to play a few balls and only keep score for my first shot.

I played the usual suspects:

Nike RZN White (volt)
W/S Duo Spin
DT TruSoft

Nike RZN:

This ball is just a solid performer for me. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love on here. It's great off the driver and feels great off irons and wedges. I have no problem getting this ball to check and stop. It always lands within a foot or two of its mark on the full iron shots. In short wedge shots it's extremely comparable to everything listed. The firmest feeling off the driver in the bunch. Just a good all around ball for $21.99/doz

W/S Duo Spin:

First time out with this ball and didn't notice a huge increase over the duo. Also a solid ball. This was definitely the softest of the bunch off the driver. It's almost a tie for mor me when compared to the Nike RZN white as an all around performer. For some reason this ball felt almost "marshmallow-ish" off the driver on a few swings but ball was still on the FW each time I took a crack with it. This ball also produced the same distance gains as the DUO did for me. It did have a SLIGHTLY better feel for me than the DUO but don't know yet if it merits the price increase. Verdict is still out on this one

DT TruSoft

I think this will be my gamer for the foreseeable future. It does everything well and is very comparable to the Nike RZN off the driver but with a slightly better feel to it. This ball also flights considerably lower for me off the Driver than the above balls. One of the best feeling balls off irons and short wedge shots. Actually this ball and the duo spin felt very very similar off irons and short wedges but felt I could control the DT TruSoft just a TAD more. When I hit it well struck ball with the driver with the DT Trusoft it just felt solid. You get that "I crushed that one" feeling that the above mentioned balls didn't give me (maybe the Nike on a few). This is also the ball that produced the most spin for me with wedges. On a 130yrd Par 3 (slightly elevated Tee) I hit a GW 10yrds past the flag and this ball spun back 5ft. On iron shots this ball was either right next to it or just under its landing mark. Never passed it. I also see the distance gain on flushed shots that i saw with the Duo. Solid ball from Titleist

Still love the SR2...but may well switch once Chrome Softs become easier to get hold of at a comparable rate.

Back