DMV'ers Take On Bulle Rock Today -Live Thread

We're just waiting on the coordinator. Also be sure to find an after round spot that isn't so "sensitive".
That was complete malarkey for lack of a better word.

That was complete malarkey for lack of a better word.
Some people are just looking for a reason to be offended and unfortunately more and more they are being catered to

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A lot of 19th hole talk about doing Raspberry Falls in September and/or Whiskey Creek in October (fall foliage)

Initially, let me thank you for putting this gathering together. As always, had a great time. While I enjoy the company of all my new THP buds, it was particularly great to once again play golf with my long time bud, Jose. It had been much too long since we last played together. It seems that you, Jose and I have been buds for over ten years or more now, time does fly.

Raspberry Falls or Whiskey Creek, give me enough time to get there without getting up with the ducks and I will make every effort to be there. One thing for sure, the THP group is a terrific and fun bunch of guys. I'm sure there are some great ladies as well, its just that I have not yet had the pleasure to meet them.

Mind telling me what that's about?
Restaurant manager came out said some lady called back and complained about our adult language and that we would have to monitor ourselves or we would be asked to leave.

Restaurant manager came out said some lady called back and complained about our adult language and that we would have to monitor ourselves or we would be asked to leave.

WTF...errr I mean WT heck?

Man the conversation must have taken a wild turn after I left.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yea..it was kind of crazy. We thought when she said she had something to talk to us about, that maybe we were getting a discount on the food to make up for the fact that the course was overpriced for the condition it was in. Could have knocked us over with a feather when she said she had someone that complained about "adult language." SMH...

No. Complaint was from when everyone was there. Lady didn't call back until just a few of us left. We racked our brains trying to figure out what she could have complained about... my only guess was the lip comment because she was one or the one about the designer of 17's lack of activity the night before because she is similarly lacking and has nothing better to do than to complain.

The golf was great. Hanging out after great too and can't wait to do it again soon.

Yea..it was kind of crazy. We thought when she said she had something to talk to us about, that maybe we were getting a discount on the food to make up for the fact that the course was overpriced for the condition it was in. Could have knocked us over with a feather when she said she had someone that complained about "adult language." SMH...

No. Complaint was from when everyone was there. Lady didn't call back until just a few of us left. We racked our brains trying to figure out what she could have complained about... my only guess was the lip comment because she was one or the one about the designer of 17's lack of activity the night before because she is similarly lacking and has nothing better to do than to complain.

The golf was great. Hanging out after great too and can't wait to do it again soon.

As I was leaving, the hostess called some lady, didn't know she was the manager to the phone. She responded by saying to whoever was on the phone, "yes I'm the manager, I can help you" If I had any clue as to that was possibly what the call was about...and who could have. Then I would have stuck around for sure, to deal with it.

And of course it would be my joke that was reported, that's been the norm for me lately, and they were two of the PG and PG13 jokes I've told in a long time.

Also, if someone is offended or thinks it's inappropriate. Are you so intimitaed to come over and say, "Excuse me but, I find some of your comments not acceptable for a public area." Again, I didn't even notice anyone else around us, i guess there could have been.

Pretty sad state of affairs in today's society when at a GOLF Course in a BAR setting, you can't say anything that someone might be offended by. I just fricking give up.

Make sure you tell JB that everyone at the Bridgestone Championship better keep it clean during every conversation all weekend...HA

Make sure you tell JB that everyone at the Bridgestone Championship better keep it clean during every conversation all weekend...HA

Well if you're not going I guess they won't have anything to worry about, you potty mouth :p

Well if you're not going I guess they won't have anything to worry about, you potty mouth :p
This made me laugh out loud...well played :clapp:

As I was leaving, the hostess called some lady, didn't know she was the manager to the phone. She responded by saying to whoever was on the phone, "yes I'm the manager, I can help you" If I had any clue as to that was possibly what the call was about...and who could have. Then I would have stuck around for sure, to deal with it.

And of course it would be my joke that was reported, that's been the norm for me lately, and they were two of the PG and PG13 jokes I've told in a long time.

Also, if someone is offended or thinks it's inappropriate. Are you so intimitaed to come over and say, "Excuse me but, I find some of your comments not acceptable for a public area." Again, I didn't even notice anyone else around us, i guess there could have been.

Pretty sad state of affairs in today's society when at a GOLF Course in a BAR setting, you can't say anything that someone might be offended by. I just fricking give up.
I thought the manager should have either told the lady to mind her own business, address it when it's supposedly occurring not callback later, or just listened to her complaint and then just hung up the phone and said nothing to us. She never told us what was "offensive" that we said.

I can tell you I have zero desire to ever play there again after that.

No need for you to take the blame, I was the one that made the initial comment regarding the designers lack of sexual activity. But we did not use foul language, we did not use the F-word or any other word one would consider foul. I just can't imagine that would have offended anyone, unless of course we hit a nerve regarding their frustrations. Actually, I don't recall seeing anyone sitting that close to us and we were not talking loudly. So whomever it was had to be easedropping.

Last edited:
Glad you boys had fun! Looked like a great day to be out on the links!

No need for you to take the blame, I was the one that made the initial comment regarding the designers lack of sexual activity. But we did not use foul language, we did not use the F-word or any other word one would consider foul. I just can't imagine that would have offended anyone, unless of course we hit a nerve regarding their frustrations.
Larry, did you hear the joke (I posted it in the Rant thread two weeks ago) that I told in a staff meeting at the request of my manager, then found out that my supervisor went to HR, and said I told an offensive joke to seniors in a meeting...Can she not see me...my gawd, I was the oldest person in the room by a mile.

I just shake my head at some people these days.

Just give them a participation trophy and tell them to go home..

Larry, did you hear the joke (I posted it in the Rant thread two weeks ago) that I told in a staff meeting at the request of my manager, then found out that my supervisor went to HR, and said I told an offensive joke to seniors in a meeting...Can she not see me...my gawd, I was the oldest person in the room by a mile.

I just shake my head at some people these days.

Just give them a participation trophy and tell them to go home..

That's one of the advantages of getting old-the worse for which you can be charged is assault with a dead weapon.

Glad you boys had fun! Looked like a great day to be out on the links!
Definitely was a good group and a good time. Another outing OR TEN like this and we might be a worthy challenger for the DFW crew in #RegionalRivalry

sorry I missed the excitement! Told you guys to keep your thoughts to yourself! LOL

I can tell you I have zero desire to ever play there again after that.

Unfortunately, it has been the norm of the staff and management making this terrifically designed course more unpopular.

I had a rain delay issue with them last year and because of the way it was handled, in conjunction with the high green fee, I won't be coming back unless there's a change in ownership.

I think it was Rob who said the place seemed to be resting on its laurels and I 100% agree. It's a shame too because the course itself is great.

Unfortunately, it has been the norm of the staff and management making this terrifically designed course more unpopular.

I had a rain delay issue with them last year and because of the way it was handled, in conjunction with the high green fee, I won't be coming back unless there's a change in ownership.

I think it was Rob who said the place seemed to be resting on its laurels and I 100% agree. It's a shame too because the course itself is great.

I have no desire to go back to Bulle Rock. Hey, I now have my Bulle Rock bag tag, so no need to return. Now when someone sees the tag I can say "Yep,yep, I was there, I conquered the Rock."

Hell Chris, I live 15 min from there and the only way I will play it is with a group get together maybe once a year like this. I personally think the design is maybe slightly above average - no hole makes me go "wow." The conditions, especially the greens, were always what sold me. If the conditions keep up like this last round, I won't be back -especially for what they charge.

True story, I was going to email you privately about but we're all about inclusion here, so no reason not to share, and I already told a few guys this, so it's no biggie.

I originally hoped to get one or two other guys to go up and play it with me and figured at best, we might luck out and get a foursome, but really just counted on Emart and I. Well he had a freind and someone else jumped in to make it a foursome. That's the way it stood until early last week. Then like two or three guys say they would like to go if someone cancels. So I immedietly think of adding another tee time. My very next thought was to PM you and Brian (The Chosen One) since you guys are so close to see if you wanted round out the foursome. Before I could get even check my messages, the 2nd foursome filled up and 3 more guys had posted they were interested.

So by the time, I called back to Bulle Rock then the last spot had been filled. I was told that was the last time until after 12:30. Don't ask me how the 10:40 spot right before our first group was open then...ha

So I felt really bad knowing it was a pretty easy drive for you and Brian and hoped to reach outside our DMV guys and maybe get something started with the Philly guys (nothings says we still can't)

But that's how fast this went from 4 to 12...I mean literally in less than two hours.

Oh and one thing, I had several phone calls and email exchanges with the course. At no time did any of them ooooze with customer service. Matter of fact a couple emails went unreturned and a very specific request I made about cart partners, got completely ignored.

Ok, better move this to the rant thread...ha

No worries Rob! I wasn't able to make it but am glad you guys had fun. I'll be on the look out for any other outings down that way.

Bumping this thread, as the 2016 version will take place this weekend.

10:10
Emart2173
T2GRN18
OITW
BigBall

10:20
MDGolfHacker
UVAWahoo
CAA_Beat
SHTERP

Back