What do you get out of golf?

Spivey

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
Relaxation? Competition? Social outlet? Enjoyment, I assume, but what else?

Golf allows me to empty my mind of all the day to day stuff at work and at life, while getting a little exercise and competition.

All of it. I love the social side of the game.

Yep, all of it. It's a hell of a game.

In one word? Sanity! I get to relax and disconnect from the problems and just spend time on the course alone or with friends and family, Golf is my outlet and i wouldn't trade it for the world.

Humility.

But I enjoy the time with friends, the feel of a good shot (with the hope of it occurring more often) and the challenge of the game itself. Hell, I got some Scot in my DNA so I feel like I'm getting back to my roots when I play.

Golf taught me to control myself

You forgot credit card debt :)

For me it's the combo of enjoying nature,meeting people and competition

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I enjoy being outdoors and the challenge. I play as a single quite a bit and have met some really good people. It's amazing how everyone is equal with a club in their hands. I have played with Doctors, lawyers and blue collar workers and we all have golf in common. When your on the course it doesn't matter what you do all that matters is the next shot.

Peace - that's all I'm seeking - just peace from the "s" show of a life I've created for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the socialization, being outdoors, the challenge of the game and the feeling of that 1 pure shot that brings me back the next time.

All of it. Love the game and everything that comes with it. Plus it brought me to THP.

Lots o' booty. (Babes dig the long ball.)

Relaxation? Competition? Social outlet? Enjoyment, I assume, but what else?

Golf allows me to empty my mind of all the day to day stuff at work and at life, while getting a little exercise and competition.

All of the above. Competing my against the course, being outside enjoying the weather and company of those I play, both family and friends. My best friends have come from golf.

Stress relief outlet, the constant challenge of improving ones game, the memories made on the course(some of the most hilarious for me are on a golf course).

most recently frustration ... prior to that camaraderie, competition, enjoyment.

Relaxation and the ability to disconnect and appreciate nature. Also I grew up playing sports, so love the competition aspect (you vs yourself, or you vs someone else, you vs the course, etc). And of course sharing a round with good friends (or even new people)

Outside of THP, golf give me an outdoor hobby, probably the only one I have on a normal basis. It has allowed me to connect with people who work in different areas of my plant that I would normally not need to know. It gives me a short escape from the kids, and often makes me appreciate them all the more. It gives me something in common with my dad and brothers who are all very different people than myself.

The challenge and something to obsess over and setting crazy goals to try to meet. Many things in life and work depend on other people. But golf shots and scores, those are all yours and only you can change it. Plus teaches you self control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Frustration??? :beat-up:

Mostly its a relief from "life". But also its the friends I'm with, the challenge to be better, the scenery, being outdoors. I guess I get a lot out of the game!

I like the social aspect of golf (shared suffering???). For me the biggest thing it gives me is something else to do thats not my job. It provides a balance for me that I didnt have before. It is just nice to have a passion in something that isn't my career and a way to compete again. Its great to have goals for myself in the short term and some goals that are further down the road.

I also love the mental part of golf and how for me I am only playing against myself. Some days you win the battle against yourself and sometimes you dont, but it is all a learning experience. My next step is relearning how to deal with "competitive Pressure" when something is on the line.

tranquility. solitude. sunshine. the ability to perform to the best of my abilities, or learn from my mistakes. the social aspect does absolutely nothing for me. I don't dislike it, but if I had my druthers I'd play every round by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of joy especially the 3 or 4 days each week I'm lucky enough to join my daughter on the course.

I get to spend time with my father and my brother. We are all so busy and we don't get to see each other as often, so a guys golf outing is just the ticket. It keeps us close, and at the same time, I just enjoy being out on the course. Its nice to be able to enjoy a game together.

Back