Big Thank You to Callaway Golf and Carlos Caliente

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So I would like to take quick second and give a big thank you to Harry Arnett, Aj Voelpel, and Alex "Carlos Caliente". I just went out to San Diego and the west coast for the first time in my life and while there I played Torrey Pines and got a private tour of Callaway from AJ. So let me give a little back story of how everything happened.

I first asked on this board if anyone out there would like to play golf with me while there and Alex "Carlos Caliente" answered the call. He not only played golf with me but he picked me up at the hotel, drove me to golf and us to Callaway for the tour. I had a blast playing with him and meeting him for the first time. I look forward to playing with him again when he makes it out my area of the country.

Now second I sent a tweet to Harry Arnett asking if any of the zoocrew would like to join us for our round. I had no real thought he would answer but he did. Within an hour he tweet me back and said that he was out of town but he attached other members of the zoocrew to the tweet. AJ then replied telling me that they had meetings that day, but when I was done to come by Callaway and he would give me a tour of the place. This blew me away because I never imagine that this would happen or had I thought about it. Well he gave me and Alex one hell of a tour. While there he introduced us to most of the zoocrew that was there along with both Sean and Tony Toulon and Anthony Taranto. I got to see a bunch of cool stuff that I can not talk about and got a little swag from Aj.

The hospitality of the guys at Callaway was unbelievable. They all took the time to actually ask why I was there, we had real conversations and ended up shooting the sh*t like I was one of them. Once again I can't say thank you enough to everyone that I meet at Callaway and to Alex for being so nice.

PS: In-N-Out burger was okay but it really did nothing for me. I guess here on the east coast we have burger places that are as good or better. Don't hate me for saying that. But the surf in San Diego was great and I am ready to move lol.

Last edited:
So I would like to take quick second and give a big thank you to Harry Arnett, Aj Voelpel, and Alex "Carlos Caliente". I just went out to San Diego and the west coast for the first time in my life and while there I played Torrey Pines and got a private tour of Callaway from AJ. So let me give a little back story of how everything happened.

I first asked on this board if anyone out there would like to play golf with me while there and Alex "Carlos Caliente" answered the call. He not only played golf with me but he picked me up at the hotel, drove me to golf and us to Callaway for the tour. I had a blast playing with him and meeting him for the first time. I look forward to playing with him again when he makes it out my area of the country.

Now second I sent a tweet to Harry Arnett asking if any of the zoocrew would like to join us for our round. I had no real thought he would answer but he did. Within an hour he tweet me back and said that he was out of town but he attached other members of the zoocrew to the tweet. AJ then replied telling me that they had meetings that day, but when I was done to come by Callaway and he would give me a tour of the place. This blew me away because I never imagine that this would happen or had I thought about it. Well he gave me and Alex one hell of a tour. While there he introduced us to most of the zoocrew that was there along with both Sean and Tony Toulon and Anthony Taranto. I got to see a bunch of cool stuff that I can not talk about and got a little swag from Aj.

The hospitality of the guys at Callaway was unbelievable. They all took the time to actually ask why I was there, we had real conversations and ended up shooting the sh*t like I was one of them. Once again I can't say thank you enough to everyone that I meet at Callaway and to Alex for being so nice.

PS: In and Out burger was okay but it really did nothing for me. I guess here on the east coast we have burger places that are as good or better. Don't hate me for saying that. But the surf in San Diego was great and I am ready to move lol.

My thoughts on In-N-Out are well established.

That being said sounds like a blast. Being so close to San Diego and having been to Callaway a number of times I am spoiled and sometimes forget how awesome the entire area is.

Sounds like a phenomenal experience all the way around!

Firstly, you are wrong about IN-N-OUT. Secondly, WOW! That really was an awesome gesture from Callaway (and from Alex who sounds like he was the perfect host).

#FiberLaunch

Those guys at Callaway are 100% class!!!

Great work Alex and the Callaway guys truly get it

Can’t wait to meet the Zoo Crew next month! Really nice for them to offer up that kind of hospitality!

Big Thank You to Callaway Golf and Carlos Caliente

Buddy it was great to meet you in person and it was a great day. Golf was 50/50 but the afternoon more than made up for it. Fun time with zoocrew. Glad you had a great time and can't wait to tee it up again in April with you while I'm out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So cool. But not surprising. Alex really should work for the San Diego/Carlsbad Visitors Beauru.

He is the consumate hosts. Did the same thing for me several years ago. Except I got treated to the fine cuisine of Costco!! I'm not joking about that!!

Those Callaway guys can be darned hospitable...

Also, I agree about In N Out. When in San Diego do burritos...

This doesn’t surprise me one bit. Cannot wait to meet them in December! Well done guys!

So cool. But not surprising. Alex really should work for the San Diego/Carlsbad Visitors Beauru.

He is the consumate hosts. Did the same thing for me several years ago. Except I got treated to the fine cuisine of Costco!! I'm not joking about that!!

We talked about that

The bar continues to be raised by Callaway and Alex.....well, we're running out of good things to say about him!!

PS: In-N-Out burger was okay but it really did nothing for me. I guess here on the east coast we have burger places that are as good or better. Don't hate me for saying that. But the surf in San Diego was great and I am ready to move lol.

Alez367 (aka Carlos Caliente) is a 1st class guy and fantastic golf partner. I met him at the Bridgestone Championship 2016 and had a chance to pair up for a round in August at Torrey Pines North. I can't say enough good things about Alex and obviously you experienced the same. Awesome bonus for the private tour of Callaway. Boom goes the Dynamite!!!

Rob you know I keep it classy and only the finest cuisine for you.

Sounds absolutely awesome, but honestly, not at all surprising on the part of Callaway being so welcoming!

Sings like a fantastic trip! Torrey and Callaway HQ is a solid day, to be honest though, I'm not surprised by any part of the day. Good people involved all around making good things happen.

That's awesome. I love Callaway all around. I feel the same about In & Out but loved Smash Burger while in San Diego

Excellent story Patrick. Can't wait to hear all about it in person.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Rob you know I keep it classy and only the finest cuisine for you.

And I appreciate it buddy.

Glad to hear it, they are top notch. You lost me on yourblast paragraph though.

Awesome story! Carlos and Callaway are seriously top notch!

Callaway is awesome. In-N-Out is awesome, Torrey Pines GC is awesome, but SOCAL sucks! (Highest taxes, welfare & some of the dumbest laws in the nation). I live down here and can’t wait to move outa state upon retirement, like the rest of my native Cali friends are doing.

what a fantastic story! thanks for sharing. the zoo crew just gets it, and while it’s no surprise that they did something like this, it’s still badass!

what a fantastic story! thanks for sharing. the zoo crew just gets it, and while it’s no surprise that they did something like this, it’s still badass!

They totally do. In every single way

Back