The best shot of the round

Very nice shot! Pretty cool watching the leaves fall in the background in slow mo. Awesome that you got it on video!

Last weekend with the KC outing at Shoal Creek. The #17 par 3 has a rock wall fronting the green and the pin was up front. My tee shot came up just short and bounced high off the wall and landed in the grassy area in front of the wall about 3 feet away. The wall was about 5' high where I was hitting from and the pin about 8' away. I took my sand wedge and hit a flop shot expecting certain disaster...except I hit it perfect and landed just on the green about 3-4 feet from the hole. LSMO witnessed it, it was a thing of beauty on a day when I could do nothing right.

I missed the par putt, of course.

Congrats on the HOI Mystery Meat, that was a great shot!

Congrats on the HIO MM!! That was great you were able to record it.

4th hole at Las Vegas National today, a 490 yd (gold tee's) par 5 slight dogleg left bending in the middle, past where a 235 yd tee shot lands. Hit a solid drive but a little left in the short rough. Got behind the ball and visualized a low draw. Stepped into the shot, smooth swing with the Callaway Big Bertha V Series 3 wood, hit it dead nuts solid in the center of the face with a draw. 4 yds short of the green. Oh man, near orgasmic. :banana:

A 356 par 4 today, hit my tee shot 265 that left me about 90 yards to the pin. Then hit a choked up PW to within 4 feet. And then missed the birdie putt like an a-hole. Didn't even care. The drive and approach were pretty good for me.

Played 9 today and had several good drives. Up the middle between 250-265 with no roll out. But my driver is starting to come around, which is a really good sign for me.

My best shot today was on number 14 (Bide-a-Wee GC in Portsmouth, VA). Hole was playing 422 from the blues today.

I hit a terrible drive that got lucky when I clipped a tree and still found myself in the fairway. The shot of the day was a 3hybo from 223 out that I hit perfectly with a slight high draw. This shot was special to me because I struggle with my hybrid. It's easily my worst club. And for me to only use it once today and hit the shot when it counted was fantastic.

I actually had my 3 wood go 248 today. That's not normal but will keep me coming back for more.

Hit a choked up low 6 iron under some branches through a gap between two trees with a slight draw from about 148 yds right onto the green and it stopped dead. Missed the birdie putt. Ack!

168 yards to pin from the fairway with landing area flat/going away from me, had to cut it about 3-4 yards due to tree limb issues.
went with 7 iron,Dead on target line and cut amount, landed it about 165 yard and released to 4 feet short of hole. Easy birdie

Played yesterday in some gale force winds and on #17, a 340 yard par 4 with water down the left and a crosswind blowing right to left, I think I hit my best drive ever, dead center to the end of the fairway, legitimately measured at about 320 yards. Of course I left my pitch shot short and settled for a par but those are the shots that keep me coming back.

[
.. Showed the pro and put my hole in one ball in the 75 cent ball bin for someone else to use

You are thinking pay it forward will get you some more HIOs do ya? :D

Congrats man, awesome you got it on video. Not a bad idea filming par 3s for references. and even better for HIO memories.

Played yesterday in some gale force winds and on #17, a 340 yard par 4 with water down the left and a crosswind blowing right to left, I think I hit my best drive ever, dead center to the end of the fairway, legitimately measured at about 320 yards. Of course I left my pitch shot short and settled for a par but those are the shots that keep me coming back.

You sure it wasn't a slice with a whole lot of help from the nice buddy wind? :banana:

You sure it wasn't a slice with a whole lot of help from the nice buddy wind? :banana:

Believe it or not, a nice baby draw or that could have been the wind helping :)

A 356 par 4 today, hit my tee shot 265 that left me about 90 yards to the pin. Then hit a choked up PW to within 4 feet. And then missed the birdie putt like an a-hole. Didn't even care. The drive and approach were pretty good for me.

355 yards Awesome and 1 yard not so awesome = Regular Par. That's the rub.

Keep up the good work though, can't sink all of them :p

7471d1baad08220900d6568c41f91f66.jpg

Par 3, downhill green, PW from 148.

Someday it'll happen.

Last weekend with the KC outing at Shoal Creek. The #17 par 3 has a rock wall fronting the green and the pin was up front. My tee shot came up just short and bounced high off the wall and landed in the grassy area in front of the wall about 3 feet away. The wall was about 5' high where I was hitting from and the pin about 8' away. I took my sand wedge and hit a flop shot expecting certain disaster...except I hit it perfect and landed just on the green about 3-4 feet from the hole. LSMO witnessed it, it was a thing of beauty on a day when I could do nothing right.

I missed the par putt, of course.
McRock pulled off a similar shot in July at the same hole, as witnessed by Wubears, Rambler and yours truly.
Fantastic shot!!

Played Boulder City Municipal GC this morning and on the par 5 16th hole, I had 210 to the center pin on the long narrow green. Nutted the Big Bertha V Series 3 wood to 22 feet short right of the hole. 2 putts for birdie. Hit the 3 wood on the right edge of the green and a slight draw brought it back short right of the pin. See the shot.................be the shot. 35 putts for a 79.

Short par 4, pin located in the center right of a kidney bean shaped green, maybe 6 paces from the front right to the flag.
I had a 52 yd shot (per GPS), 3/4 62* wedge, ended up 18" from the hole. Birdie.

Last Wednesday, a 3w that got on the green for a two-putt par. Yesterday, the putt from off the green that went in to save bogey.

Had a 30 foot putt from the fringe with around 18" of break go in yesterday for a birdie. It was probably pure luck, but I'll take it. I get pretty excited when a long putt drops in for birdie.

260 yard 3W into an island par5. Would have to say probably the best shot I have hit all summer!

Back