Would you strike this deal with your spouse or significant other???

• Play out the rest of the fall season 5 or 6 weekend rounds.

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Hang them up for the year, Play two rounds on a trip to Vegas with buddies.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
I'd take the deal. But off topic, some of these responses are definite eye openers. I can't believe some people still think that way.

^^^This is what I am doing, just planning ahead in case I hit a road block. I am not that big of a dummy...well maybe, but that's neither here nor there.
Got ya. Sorry about that, I just responded as how I read it.

That being said, can you offer something else, instead of giving up golf like extra chores, an extravagant night out, naked favors, etc?

Good luck on your negotiations!

Why do so many relationships in this country involve the man sacrificing what he loves doing?
It can also be viewed as comprimise, not sacrificing. if someone always gets what they want without the other party getting anything they want, then that's sacrifice. But if you give a little now and then to gain something, then generally I consider that fair.

This would be my response:

85ea8cb8b88b753985536075ef528975.jpg

You do realize your wife is on the forum now don't you :foot-in-mouth:

Buy her a shiny trinket or something...problem solved...

Got ya. Sorry about that, I just responded as how I read it.

That being said, can you offer something else, instead of giving up golf like extra chores, an extravagant night out, naked favors, etc?

Yeah I suggested naked favors...she laughed. :disapointed:

It can also be viewed as comprimise, not sacrificing. if someone always gets what they want without the other party getting anything they want, then that's sacrifice. But if you give a little now and then to gain something, then generally I consider that fair.

You do realize your wife is on the forum now don't you :foot-in-mouth:

My wife let me skip out on our 10th anniversary to play in the Morgan Cup.

She's pretty awesome that way.

I think its well thought out and I'm sure she'll accept your bargain.

In the mean time of you want your clubs to get used send them my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what the situation is for you at home (young kids, etc) so I understand the need/want to find common ground to take this trip.

With that said if it isn't happening at the expense of family events or the budget it shouldn't be a negotiation. IMO you set a dangerous precedent of future events of this nature and her wanting/expecting some sacrifices on the back end. I would just propose the trip and feel her out. If agreed to maybe do the laundry, clean the house or give her some time for herself, but I would not be giving up anything other than I'm gone for this amount of time is it ok.

As much as it sucks, I think a "1 for 3" trade for an experience that doesn't come along often is one of those where you just have to suck it up and do it.

I just hate for you that golf season ends at all more than anything.

If I were admit about anything my wife would never object to me doing it. We just don't work that way, we pretty much discuss everything we do and how we feel about it. Not that its right or wrong, we just have a very 50/50 relationship with a lot of shared responsibility. I have never had to travel for work, nor has she. Leaving one another at home alone with the kids is just not something we do real often so its natural for us to discuss these things. If either of us said to each other, "I am doing this" it would be weird for us. That being said, she has never put her foot down on anything I have wanted to do and neither have I on anything she wanted to do. There is always a way for us to make things happen when one of us really wants to do something.

I can see the time away being the problem. Leaving a spouse alone to handle little ones can be stressful. If you have family close by, why not arrange them to watch your kids for the weekend you're gone? This way you get your vacation, and wife gets a weekend to do whatever she wants on her own (or with her girlfriends).

I'd play the rest of the year. Not that Vegas with my buddies AND golf wouldn't be sweet, but I just wouldn't want to spend that extra money. I'd rather stay home, play MORE golf and save my cash. That's just me though.

Everyone has to live their family life the way they choose to so I would never judge you based on whatever you decide to do. That being said when my kids where babies I didn't play as much as I do now cause to me I wouldn't do it cause I'd feel that would be me taking advantage of my wife. Now that being said let me ask you this, if your wife's sister or mother called and asked her to go on a girls weekend do you think your wife would come to you making a deal about, if you let me go I won't go to their house for the next 6 weeks. I think that's just kinda silly. I would just ask her if she minds me going and if she did I just wouldn't go I wouldn't negotiate it.

Everyone has to live their family life the way they choose to so I would never judge you based on whatever you decide to do. That being said when my kids where babies I didn't play as much as I do now cause to me I wouldn't do it cause I'd feel that would be me taking advantage of my wife. Now that being said let me ask you this, if your wife's sister or mother called and asked her to go on a girls weekend do you think your wife would come to you making a deal about, if you let me go I won't go to their house for the next 6 weeks. I think that's just kinda silly. I would just ask her if she minds me going and if she did I just wouldn't go I wouldn't negotiate it.

If my wife came to me with a girls weekend in mind, I wouldn't even hesitate before saying yes. Your example doesn't really work for us because she doesn't have a hobby akin to golf. I spend at least 25 hours a month doing it, and who knows how much money. She never complains, I do really try to go the extra mile in the afternoons after I get home. At this point in the season its kind of a "haven't you golfed enough" situation.

Why do so many relationships in this country involve the man sacrificing what he loves doing?

Because women get to carry a growing person inside of them that completely changes their bodies, and may even kill them. Honestly, I think it is more than an even trade.

I don't see why you can't just do both, but I don't have kids.

No golf for 2 months prior to a golf trip sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Because women get to carry a growing person inside of them that completely changes their bodies, and may even kill them. Honestly, I think it is more than an even trade.
This is the truth, Not to mention that I personally play a ton of golf while she takes care of our three kids. I could sacrifice a lot more golf...luckily she doesn't ask or expect me to because she knows what it means to me.

This would be my third golf trip of this season...she hasn't batted an eye on either of the first two.

I don't see why you can't just do both, but I don't have kids.

No golf for 2 months prior to a golf trip sounds like a horrible idea to me.

This changes things, there are a lot of logistics involved with children school age and younger. Like I would have to find a relative to drop them off in the mornings as my wife is unable do to her work schedule.

I'd most likely go home and say, honey I'm going to Vegas to play golf with some buddies ya wanna go with me and hang out at the spa? She'd say no just be careful and have fun. I would never make her barter she wouldn't make me. Just sy you're going lol I know that's not realistic for lots of guys so do what you feel is best for you guys

Last edited:

Childbirth is biologically natural for almost all women. From my experience women being in control and command of their male partner (so-called) is unique to western/American society.

Byron, I don't think that's a bad deal. So special rounds in Vegas and you get to spend more time with your family. Win win to me

I'd most likely go home and say, ho eyes I'm going to Vegas to play golf with some buddies ya wanna go with me and hang out at the spa? She'd say no just be careful and have fun. I would never make her barter she wouldn't make me. Just sy you're going lol I know that's not realistic for lots of guys so do what you feel is best for you guys

Funny, my wife responds to Ho Eyes as well. We should hang.

Byron, honestly I understand where you are coming from. My wife thinks I golf too much and its a constant discussion about how time is spent, God help me when we have kids. Fortunately I've learned in the last year to placate her with other trips etc.

As for going to Vegas...if it took giving up home golf for a memory making experience with good buddies, absolutely! I love golf excursions, especially with close friends.

Byron, I don't think that's a bad deal. So special rounds in Vegas and you get to spend more time with your family. Win win to me

Exactly Blu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back