2015 THP Bridgestone Championship Disney Extra Rounds Thread

I've updated the 1st page list with everyone expressing interest.

Monday round - consider Waldorf Astoria course?
Tons of tee times available there Monday morning - let's play there.
Screenshot%202015-09-07%2007.46.40_zps2uv75ozx.png

On Friday, we should shoot for the Grand Cypress. I've played there before and really enjoyed it. Plus with multiple courses, we can get a good variety in and not play the same course twice.

Here are my thoughts:
  • 7:30 AM tee times on some combination of East/North/South course - $79/round.
    • What do you recommend locals?
  • 12:30 PM tee times on the New Course - $79/round.
    • There are currently a 12:30, 12:40 and 12:50 tee time available.
  • This will get us back to the hotel in plenty of time.

How does this sound?

Based on the tee times, I'm gonna have to pass. You guys have fun.

if you have room, I might be able to do Friday am, though personally I'd rather play the new course than the 9-hole tracks but that shouldn't drive what the group wants to do. might also be able to do Waldorf on Monday, again if and only if you guys need an extra man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Friday, we should shoot for the Grand Cypress. I've played there before and really enjoyed it. Plus with multiple courses, we can get a good variety in and not play the same course twice.

Here are my thoughts:
  • 7:30 AM tee times on some combination of East/North/South course - $79/round.
    • What do you recommend locals?
  • 12:30 PM tee times on the New Course - $79/round.
    • There are currently a 12:30, 12:40 and 12:50 tee time available.
  • This will get us back to the hotel in plenty of time.

How does this sound?
On the Friday afternoon I am a bit errie, as my hotel is quite a bit away from the Gaylord palms and I will need to get packed up and head over. Do not want to be late....maybe I will do early morning round only Friday .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

if you have room, I might be able to do Friday am, though personally I'd rather play the new course than the 9-hole tracks but that shouldn't drive what the group wants to do. might also be able to do Waldorf on Monday, again if and only if you guys need an extra man.

Me too but there are no early tee times for the new course.

All

Do we just want to do one mid morning round instead on Friday? Does that work better for all?

You realize they string two 9s together to make 18 :alien2:

You realize they string two 9s together to make 18 :alien2:

I don't follow?! the 3 9-hole tracks don't do a whole lot for me, I'd just be playing to meet some other thp'ers.

I don't follow?! the 3 9-hole tracks don't do a whole lot for me, I'd just be playing to meet some other thp'ers.

Well if you view them at separate 9s and don't like 9 hope tracks, them I see your point. But they are designed to make up several golf courses of varying difficulty.

Well if you view them at separate 9s and don't like 9 hope tracks, them I see your point. But they are designed to make up several golf courses of varying difficulty.

I just don't like the layout of any of the 3, not that they're 9-hole courses.

I'd be good for the morning round on Friday. Any of the NSE combo for me is fine, I love them all.

I'd be good for the morning round on Friday. Any of the NSE combo for me is fine, I love them all.
I have a message into the course so lets see what they come back with.

Some extra rounds sound great. Thanks for taking point on the arrangements OP. I still have to work out if I can get in to Orlando early enough to make that 3:00 on thursday (currently my flight gets in at 1 but there may be an earlier one). I'm in favor of a later morning round on Friday, at what sounds like the preferred course among the chatter, since I'm not really keen on playing 36 that day. Are any of you who are committed to play Monday staying that night? I ask because I fly home late Monday and would really appreciate the use of someone's shower after the AM round.

Finally, is everyone staying at the event resort for these earlier days or somewhere else?

Some extra rounds sound great. Thanks for taking point on the arrangements OP. I still have to work out if I can get in to Orlando early enough to make that 3:00 on thursday (currently my flight gets in at 1 but there may be an earlier one). I'm in favor of a later morning round on Friday, at what sounds like the preferred course among the chatter, since I'm not really keen on playing 36 that day. Are any of you who are committed to play Monday staying that night? I ask because I fly home late Monday and would really appreciate the use of someone's shower after the AM round.

Finally, is everyone staying at the event resort for these earlier days or somewhere else?
I am staying off site at a place called Grande villas resort which is across the street from Disneyworld. I leave on the 30th so a round after the event may be possible. Still trying to piece things together

I am staying off site at a place called Grande villas resort which is across the street from Disneyworld. I leave on the 30th so a round after the event pay be possible. Still trying to piece thingd together

Ive stayed there before, nice place

Ive stayed there before, nice place
Mike,are the reviews as they say....no wi-fi and the early morning calls ? Other than that it looks fantastic there.

The OP has been updated. I booked two, 4some tee times for Friday Morning at Grand Cypress and two, 4some tee times for Monday Morning at the Waldolf Astoria. I am finding out about replay rates for the Friday afternoon tee time and if we can get on the new course as it was booked until 1:30 PM on-line.

I went ahead and cancelled the Monday afternoon tee time as I cannot make it and there was only one other person expressing interest.

Please confirm no later than Tuesday, September 22 that you can make the tee times as I need to cancel no later than 48 hours before the tee time.

unfortunately I'm out for this Friday. I didn't realize we have a skeleton crew at work this Friday, and since I didn't already have something on the calendar I have to be here. y'all have fun!

unfortunately I'm out for this Friday. I didn't realize we have a skeleton crew at work this Friday, and since I didn't already have something on the calendar I have to be here. y'all have fun!

That's too bad. Thanks for the heads up.

Just looked at the first post again, I can't do Friday morning as I wont be in Orlando yet. The Monday morning round has to be over by 11am ish for me which may be cutting it close.

Just looked at the first post again, I can't do Friday morning as I wont be in Orlando yet. The Monday morning round has to be over by 11am ish for me which may be cutting it close.
I took you off of both rounds. You are welcome to join us on the Monday round but I agree that 11 AM will be cutting it really close unless we play a 3 hour round.

Thanks.

I took you off of both rounds. You are welcome to join us on the Monday round but I agree that 11 AM will be cutting it really close unless we play a 3 hour round.

Thanks.

Its frustrating because I really want to play an extra round. If it wasn't a 25 minute drive to the airport plus returning the rental car it would of worked perfectly.

Take me off the Friday morning round. I'll probably go to a range and get some hard work in instead.

Finally got work crap nailed down, coming in Thursday evening ! I'm good for both rounds on Friday !!!

Back