Callaway BB vs GBB

Aussie Dave

Hacker From OZ
Reaction score
Handicap
GA 15
Has anyone tested these drivers against eachother, I want to know if you can get more draw with the BB as it has a removable weight in the heel that you could increase the weight from 5gr to 15gr as well as the sliding weight, as compared to the GBB that hasnt got a removable weight just the sliding weight.

The sliding weight on the GBB is heavier to influence more draw bias when in a similar position on the 2014 BB.

The sliding weight on the GBB is heavier to influence more draw bias when in a similar position on the 2014 BB.

But it's only 2g different I am talking about making the heel side 10g heavier by changing the 5g to 15g

But it's only 2g different I am talking about making the heel side 10g heavier by changing the 5g to 15g

Its all about placement in/on the head as well as the internal weighting, with the GBB, the weight on the heel was no longer necessary.

I gamed and reviewed both. You can get more draw bias with the GBB.

Its all about placement in/on the head as well as the internal weighting, with the GBB, the weight on the heel was no longer necessary.

I gamed and reviewed both. You can get more draw bias with the GBB.

Did you ever replace the 5g weight with the 15g weight in the BB

Did it increase the draw bias by much

A bit, but it effected swing weight more than anything.

The BB is a damn good driver, still, but the GBB is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT better in terms of ball speed retention (forgiveness) and the sliding weight is even more effective.

Has anyone tested these drivers against eachother, I want to know if you can get more draw with the BB as it has a removable weight in the heel that you could increase the weight from 5gr to 15gr as well as the sliding weight, as compared to the GBB that hasnt got a removable weight just the sliding weight.
I posted my averages in the GBB thread from my time testing them on Dick's monitor.

A bit, but it effected swing weight more than anything.

The BB is a damn good driver, still, but the GBB is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT better in terms of ball speed retention (forgiveness) and the sliding weight is even more effective.

Ok Jman thanks for all of your help one of the reasons I was looking at the BB was that I could shorten it an inch and put the 15g weight in and only lose 1 swing weight and get more draw bias also. I might just have to try the GBB if it is as good as you say it is.

Back