Should I ask Santa for lessons, or a chop saw to get rid of my clubs?

Hamfist

I promise not to murder Canadan.
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
What say ye, THP?

Me personally I have never had lessons. Just picked up pointers here and there playing with older golfers and trying to work on what I was shown. But on the flip side of that I have always wanted to take a few just to get some better knowledge.
I guess I would say get lessons.

lessons. i love golf too much to give it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lessons leads 2-0

Why chop up the clubs? Sell them on THP and use the money for lessons.

Give me a new chop saw and I can make money for lessons. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lessons 3-0

Sent from my HTX

Donate the clubs to the First Tee

Chop saw the weird old driving iron add a driver and hybrid with a lesson thrown in. Or deposit the driving iron to the middle of a lake. Will make you feel so much better.

You could borrow a chop saw and cut the head off the driving iron and use the shaft to help as an alignment aid to practice between lessons

You could borrow a chop saw and cut the head off the driving iron and use the shaft to help as an alignment aid to practice between lessons

Winner

If your handicap is still 30ish, I would get some lessons but only if you are willing to take the time to practice and improve. Too many people take lessons and don't practice to improve and then think that lessons don't help them.
Probably would improve your game and therefore get rid of the feeling of wanting to take a chop saw to your clubs.

Until you have a bag full of Cobra gear, get the saw and keep picking up new equipment. lol Lessons if you are gonna put the time in.

Hmmmm...lessons is in the lead, with alternate chop saw ideas flowing in. Me likey.

Lessons man. You can do it.

Man, peeps hatin' on the driving iron.

Driving iron seems to be worth $20 used. Lotta folks like it.

Just work on one mistake at a time-whatever you think it is.

Its a hard game.

Love that quote "...no bad rounds, just high scores" seems to me, I have seen very slow improvement by reducing bad shots, not increasing the good shots.

In the words of Jimmy V.

"Never give up, don't ever give up"

LESSONS! They turned around my game this year and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Before deciding, do this. Take your clubs to the driving range. Find a low handicap player, hold out your bag of clubs and say, "Please hit a few balls with these." If the low handicap player starts striping the ball with your clubs, you have your answer. If he can't hit them a lick, you have your answer.

Take the lessons, but find the right pro. If you are truly willing to work on your swing, find a guy that isn't going to just give you bandaids. Some people feel different about blowing up their swing and what not, but if you found yourself like I found myself this summer (agonizing and looking embarrassed round after round), then put in the work and make the changes your instructor tells you. One lesson will not fix your problems. Take things piecemeal and work on them one at a time and keep feeding the new parts in. I'll be honest with you I'm still getting there, but I feel like I'm on track to play really good golf, and finding the RIGHT instructor was the best thing I ever did for my game.

Chop saw!!

Alright, it seems THP has spoken. (With TCB2010 being the lone holdout.)

Looks like it's lesson time for Ham.

Back