Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

I think JB and myself should be added because that would allow two more zoo crew people to be beaten when THP gets redemption.

Entry #3

At this point I think it's pretty clear what the people of THP want. We want to have JB apart of this event and we all most certainly want an extra THPer to enjoy the best golf event ever thought of by man kind to this point. I hope to be that person that enters that locker room and gets a shot at helping THP bring that belt that we all covet. More the merrior.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Day 4

Everyone seems to agree JB definitely needs to be a part of this great event. After all, without him there is no us (THP). Expanding the field helps accomplish that, and even adds one more lucky THPer to the team. Beyond that, I look at it as an additional bonus we would also get two more ZooCrew folks involved as well. Getting to meet that group is all part of what makes this event special, so the more the better.

Entry #4
JB must be granted entry by you. For all the reasons previously mentioned by me and everyone else on this site. I also need him there to Ok my next venture in fine art.

As for me you know I've bled for Callaway, the proof is in the pudding. Now I want to bleed for THP and Capt Jman and I will go with the Grandaddy and THP logo for my next piece if selected, and when we win I will add the coveted Belt itself.

Attachments

• S4 photos 241.jpg
    S4 photos 241.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2359.jpg
    2359.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Having JB there and being apart of the team would just be awesome. He is part of the reason we are all here and it would be an honor to have him represent Team Redemption as well as the THP community. When JB is around there is always good food and great company as well.

As for me, this would be a dream come true. Getting to meet and play with some of the great folks at Callaway would be an unimaginable experience and give me an opportunity to finally try some of the great products Callaway is putting out there. Thanks as always for these opportunities!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah JB YES blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah mtcowdog blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Grandaddy with THP and CALLAWAY OH YEAH!!

Entry #4:

JB should be there because GG want's him out of the house :D (kidding)

I should be there because you all need adult supervision :dohanim:

Day 4:

JB is the man. No need for introduction or a monologue. Here's JB!

As for me, I just want someone to have fun, but it would be nice to be there!!

Thanks THP and Callaway!!!

The reason JB should be in the Granddaddy is because he is "MR. THP". Enough said on that front. Please let me in so I can breathe in some California air when there is snow on the ground in Ohio and be apart of a team again. The feeling of being part of a team is unforgettable. The fact that you rely on each other to succeed is what being on a team is all about. It's not just an individual effort, it's a team effort. Comradery is infectious.

Last edited:
Entry: JB should have a spot on the team, no question. I see him and GG toiling away at every event running around making sure things go off but oftentimes he isn't able to get in on the fun. He's always got his bag on the cart just ready to go. I know he's like that plucky underdog at the end of the bench during a crucial game thinking "put me in coach!" It's only fitting that after a couple of setbacks the last few years that JB is on the team when Team Redemption finally brings home the belt!

As for me, I throw my hat in the ring anytime I get to meet and play with THPers. I already like and use a lot of Callaway gear and it'd be great to also meet the people behind the equipment. And if I'm picked, know that you'll be rescuing an appreciative Midwesterner from the cold and snow for a few days of golf and sun.

Final entry.

The Grandaddy is all about Passion. Callaway's passion for winning the five year war and making the best clubs for passionate golfers. JB is one of the most passionate people there is about bringing opportunities to the masses and teaming with Callaway for The Grandaddy is just perfect. He should be playing.

Last year due to having double knee replacement in October, I couldn't even enter the contests as I was out for 3 to 4 months. But following along in the Grandaddy thread and talking to some past participants helped fuel my motivation during rehab. Even early this year I was still not 100%. However I managed to play in two invitationals. Granted I didnt play well. But the joy of being able to finish back to back days of golf playing pain free was quite a feeling of accomplishment. Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the surgery I am ready for the challenge of competition and the Grandaddy and the pure joy of spending a few days with good friends of THP and meeting new ones in the #ZooCrew

A spot on #TeamRedemption would cap a truly milestone year for me.

There's really no acceptable argument for not inviting JB. We all know that. He's poured his heart and soul into this place, acting as CEO, salesman, editor, moderator, and contributor (amongst many other roles). So the question is why include a 12th man. The answer to that is pretty simple, too. Callaway has done a masterful job over the past few years not only introducing some fantastic new products, but they have also become a marketing behemoth. They have brought in many new people to the game, including wounded vets and youngsters. Adding another spot to #TheGrandaddy will cement another Callaway fan for life. Seriously...who is gonna look elsewhere when Callaway has given them such a wonderful gift?

Why should it be me (as opposed to another)? Well, I'm outgoing, a team player, a decent golfer, and a fun guy (I think). I love Callaway products and this would further indoctrinate me into the family. It would be a dream come true for a guy like me to get treated like a bit of a pro for a few days.

Final Entry #4.

Dear Jason,

I really like the idea of adding 2 more to each team for a total of 24 for total participants. 4 more people means that much more fun to be had. I have no doubt you'll find 2 more members that will raise the Zoo Crew's level of awesomeness. Adding JB to Team Redemption does they same for us. He will make it more fun to be part of the Grandaddy.

Now why pick me over all the other deserving THP members? I actually don't think your an Evil Super Villain. You're a nice guy and would be your playing partner anytime. But hey, every Superman needs a Lex Luther so we'll let you play that role. In fact, I'd be happy to wear a Superman costume for our round if the Hideaway would allow it. Just remember good always wins.

What can I possible add to what has been said already. All of us would give their right Chrome Soft in order to represent the THP. JB needs to be there, and damn it,,,so do I.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ok here's the Sunday afternoon recap at the Hideaway folks! JB already won his match, Jman has captained each of the participants beautifully and Team Redemption is close to bringing home that coveted Grandaddy belt! MVP's have now proven MVP status once again to the ZooCrew and the group is waiting anxiously around the 18th green. The Papa, against Finley, must win his match to win it all for THP this year. Finley throwing everything he can at The Papa for 17 holes but The Papa refuses to falter. With the score tied, Papa or Finley will DECIDE IT ALL for either team. After a pressure packed drive both are in the fairway, Finley out, places a nice shot but comes up just short of the green. The Papa, playing his best round ever, and getting a pop on 18, decides to go for it and hits a picture perfect 7 iron and sticks it 15 feet from the hole. Finley places a nice wedge shot close with only 3' to the cup. Papa now can win it all with 3 putts or less and only 15' from the cup. The Papa looks nervous, but he's been playing to the pressure and it comes down to these last putts. He steps up... Ohhhh he just rolls it by the cup and leaves himself with a 5' uphill putt. Papa, looking intense, steps up. Lining up the putt, he puts a nice touch on it and it looks like it is headed straight for the cup fellows! This could win it all right here, Ohhhhhhhh He.....................

We may never know the end of the story! You be the judge!

Only the judges can decide if The Papa gets a forum name change to "Papa, The Putt Droppa"

Tsunami warning: azrsx is coming to the grandaddy!

That could be the headlines if I was selected. What an awesome opportunity and memories to look back on. And including JB? COME ON MAN, that's just a must.

Final Entry -

JB needs to be at the Grandaddy, as he is the driving force behind a great event that cannot be rivaled. If he isn't there, a travesty of epic proportion would have occurred. JUST LET THE MAN IN, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SACRED!!

I want to be at The Hideaway, with the #ZooCrew and #TeamRedemption because, well, because who in their right mind wouldn't want to be there? And I am of sound mind!! I believe that there is no better golf outing than the Grandaddy. So give me a spot, please!!

Final Entry:

I think for this last entry I am going to keep it short and sweet. JB is obviously a great dude who started something that everyone on this website can appreciate. He has set up a community of people who love golf and everything that comes with it. I think that he should be in the greatest event of them all and I would love to join him to be part of something special. Good luck everyone.

Last (gasp) Entry:

The leaner, meaner JB needs to be on this team to help Team Redemption take down the win. If I were on the team, I'd want him and his competitive drive there with me. Besides, he IS THP!

Why should I be there? Well, I may not look like much of a gifted golfer, and in fact am not. But, you won't find anyone more competitive, and somehow I manage to get it done. I want to be there for all the reasons embodied in #TheGrandaddy, of course. But, I also believe I can help j.man's team win this year, and we (THP) really need to win this one.

JB not being a member of the Grandaddy is like Callaway without the Big Bertha. Any questions?

Why me? A club has many parts and/or pieces. To dethrone the ZooCrew it will take each part to work as one. Just don't give me the shaft. If chosen, I'll be as high as a club head coming unglued. I just want to fly!

Just the two of us, we can beat the zoo crew if we try
Just the two of us, (Just the two of us)
Just the two of us, bombing chrome softs in the sky
Just the two of us, JB and I.
I pledge to THP, I will always do
Everything I can
Show everyone how big a fan
Dignity, integrity, honor an
An I don't mind if I lose, long as we tried
But it would be much better to make Harry cry
I hope it works
So when Redemption attacks, and the Zoo flies off track
We remember the fact, JB and I got your back at the Grandaddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final Entry

Why JB? Let's face it - we need to keep the THP/Callaway Internet Golfer ratio at a manageable level, and I hear he even plays stock shafts in his clubs sometimes.

Why should I join him? I'm someone who lives for competition, and getting a chance to represent THP and compete in the Granddaddy of them all is something I dream about.

Just the two of us, we can beat the zoo crew if we try
Just the two of us, (Just the two of us)
Just the two of us, bombing chrome softs in the sky
Just the two of us, JB and I.
I pledge to THP, I will always do
Everything I can
Show everyone how big a fan
Dignity, integrity, honor an
An I don't mind if I lose, long as we tried
But it would be much better to make Harry cry
I hope it works
So when Redemption attacks, and the Zoo flies off track
We remember the fact, JB and I got your back at the Grandaddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a cover to the Will Smith version or the Bill Withers version?

And here it is, the final entry for the expansion. Just play THIS while reading along...

La-da-da-da-dahh
It's the mother effin’ Granddaddy (The Tres)
La-da-da-da-dahh
You know I'm golfin' with the G-B-B
(YEAH YEAH YEAH
You know who's back up in this Finley contest!)
What what what what?
(So tear the greens up then!)
Tear it up, tear it up!
(Just tear that stuff up man, yeah, 'sup JMan??)

Captain, hit 'em all, JMan tear the ball up
E-C-P-C my captain tear that ball up
T-H-P, 1,-2-3, yeah we showin' back up
And when we hit this Bertha club, golf ball you got to get up
Internet golfers, #Zoocrewers yeah they givin' it up
THP life, yo' life, boy we livin' it up
Takin' chances while we playin' in The Hideaway for sure
Show my bro a thirty-fo' and he called me the sho'
Haters lookin' at me strange but you know I don't care
Step up on this tee box just a-swangin' my hair
I’m about quit talkin', just walk if you down with the set
Make a bird’ with some flair and take some dough from this bet
Out of town, put it down for the forum online
And if you in the match, man yo’ be fine
Come back, get back, that's the part of success
If you believe in the best you'll be a screamin’ YES!

La-da-da-da-dahh
It's the mother effin' J-ayyy-B (JB, the owner!)
La-da-da-da-dahhh
You know I'm golfin' with the C-E-O
----
Straight off the fairways of The Hideaway
King of the bombs you hit to ‘em with your Bertha (Great Big)
or Mack Daddy 3 chippin' on in birds
How you feelin' up-and-down like whut?
JB and JMan spelled out in thread
with THP got our back, we got Internet cred (yeah)
Club in the bag, nailin' heavenwoods (what woods?)
On-ly, if I could!
We’ll travel out to the Westside (Carlsbad)
It's California Love, this California bug got me feelin’ kinda pump
I'm on in one, We win up in The Hideaway Club
without my jeans on, and my team strong
Get my drink on, and my talk on
Then go home with, something to look upon (#Grandaddy Belt)
Yo’ it's on for the version three-point-oh
Comin' real, it's the next episode...
----
Hold up, hey
for my opponents who be thinkin' we soft
We don't, play
We gonna' bomb it 'til the cover fall off
Hold up, hey
for my opponents who be actin' too bold
Take a, seat
Hope you ready for the next episode
HeyyyeyyyeEYEYyyyEYYYY....
....COME AND GET IT IN THE TRES!

*Video version negotiable :call-me:*

Last edited:
JB would give anything to get into this event just like the rest of us granted its his own idea so he has a right to why he should be able to get into the granddady. Why not him and me? I have been to invitationals, testings, and even a championship. Why not add a trip on the zoo crews expense to ensure that THP doesn't go 0 and 3 when it comes to this event, the biggest event of the year, the event that every THPer now looks forward to. I just want to be apart of an event that makes the entire website jealous.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Back